You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #3,706 of 6,356
Quote:
When you are calculating how much money your new set of headphones + amp + dac will cost, and then deciding if you need to drop out of school. Haha

xD nice

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #3,707 of 6,356
When the highest quality file of a song you can find is 320kbps mp3: you download it and instantly tell its source was below 192kbps. I guess this probably belongs in the QQ thread. God its been a long day.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #3,709 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you know that there are two different kinds of compression, and that, though not inherently bad, applied tastelessly they can both ruin your music.

(Sadly, if it's volume compression, there might not be anything you can do about it).

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #3,711 of 6,356
When you refer to the aspects of frequencies with terms such as muddy, crisp, detailed and extended

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #3,714 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you know that there are two different kinds of compression . . .

And actually, there is a third, although it's not something related to the media.  There's compression that happens with some drivers at low very frequencies nearer max volume below the tuning point. 
smile.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #3,715 of 6,356
Quote:
when you c a hot chick with headphones around the corner you stick your head out and say "those cans" instead of "that ass" lol.*no offense to female head fiers.

xD nice bro, I'm still waiting for that one [although I don't look at rear ends not my thing faces ftw] 
Quote:
When you're able to "flaunt your cans" in public :D

I've started to do that more, since I got a nice Pokect Rig for my Amp and DAP now

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #3,717 of 6,356
Quote:
figured this would be a good place to ask. If i want to learn how dac's and amps work and how they affect heaphones the way they do, is there a guide somewhere or where would i start? 

You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice

In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*

I think my luck with women will well decrease if I stop looking at them and just start shutting my eye's and listening to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back