You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #3,691 of 6,356
Quote:
That'll just make it more fun. The SE-700s clamp like a bitch; I made sure it hurt when I took them off. 

I don't mean to sound so violent, it's just that statement makes me want to shoot babies.

still doesn't clamp like mixrs i guess? cant really imagine anything more horrible then the mixrs, the pads are useless on them you only feel the plastic underneeth

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #3,692 of 6,356
Anyway, you know your an audiophile when you use 10+ minnutes to get the right fit for your etymotics using the tri-flanges hoping to get a bit better sound...

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #3,694 of 6,356
Quote:
When you rationalize owning all of your headphones with "Well, at least it's cheaper than the Beats Detox."...which slowly turns to, "It's cheaper than two pairs of Beats Detox", which turns into, "It's cheaper than those purses people get. All they do is hold objects, right? Right? RIGHT!?"

Yes, they hold objects some women forget they even own two days later.  At least with your headphones you'll never forget that you actually bought them.  :D See?  It's that easy lol

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #3,696 of 6,356
Quote:

Yes, they hold objects some women forget they even own two days later.  At least with your headphones you'll never forget that you actually bought them.  :D See?  It's that easy lol

Willing to bet there are people on this forum that can't remember all of the headphones they've owned ^^

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #3,697 of 6,356
with those who have over 30 headphones having all those super long and number based names im not surprised that they won't remember all of them, especially the ones that they sold off

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #3,698 of 6,356
I've never owned one, but I think when one is technically inclined it's easier to remember model numbers... like the HP TWF11R, or RPHJ900.

Guesses anyone? I'd say you're an audiophile, or at the least obsessed with 'phones if you can guess the headphone from the model number. (Googling now, the second one seems to be missing a letter, but it is unique enough to guess.)

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #3,699 of 6,356
Quote:
... when you despise compression.

Also hi, first post.

Thank you I'm with you there... DIE IN A HOLE LAME... [ogg q10 I can live with]
Quote:
Yup they don't know what sounds good or bad. So if everyone says Oh (b) sounds soo good they're the best then they are going to think okay this is what good headphones sound like.  And they will be happy with them because they don't know any better

Plus alot of people like that sound in the same sense that alchoholics can enjoy utterly cheap booze[they just wanna get hammered]... they are bass heads that only care about getting that High... they lack the class of us TRUE bass heads! 
Quote:

xD, I liked the "it's cheaper than my house" excuse to lawl

You know your an audiophile wear open headphones for the explict reason of listening to your favorite paino accompiant ALONG with the voice of a lovely women [sitting 3 feet from u] ... OPEN CANS FTW. You don't even care what words are being said just the way they sound <3 <3. Although i wonder... would she count that as listening LAWL 

Although that may be a mixture of Philas <3 

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #3,700 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
That'll just make it more fun. The SE-700s clamp like a bitch; I made sure it hurt when I took them off. 

I don't mean to sound so violent, it's just that statement makes me want to shoot babies.

still doesn't clamp like mixrs i guess? cant really imagine anything more horrible then the mixrs, the pads are useless on them you only feel the plastic underneeth

The SE-700s squeeze your head, hard. The pads are about 1/8" thick. Under the pads is hard, unforgiving plastic. 

The pads are supposed to be thicker but as the headphones aged the foam inside them collapsed.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #3,702 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
The SE-700s squeeze your head, hard. The pads are about 1/8" thick. Under the pads is hard, unforgiving plastic. 

The pads are supposed to be thicker but as the headphones aged the foam inside them collapsed.

i sense a future DIY project, i was thinking of making new pads for one of my old pairs too

I would already have pads for mine made, but the headphone sounds its best with the drivers as close to your ears as possible, so I decided against it.

You know you're an audiophile when you'll wear a headphone that's uncomfortable as sin just because it sounds better than your others...

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #3,703 of 6,356
Quote:
I would already have pads for mine made, but the headphone sounds its best with the drivers as close to your ears as possible, so I decided against it.

You know you're an audiophile when you'll wear a headphone that's uncomfortable as sin just because it sounds better than your others...

Like that post! Got the etymotic hf2, and the last week they were KILLING my sore ears, and know they are just uncomfortable. I don't consider myself audiophile at the moment at least, because they are my first pair of iem's. And they are amazing 
dt880smile.png

I'll better stop while i can xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back