You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #4,263 of 6,356
...when you bring a fairly bulky amp (Objective2) to school and your friend exclaims "what is that?!?!". In which you reply by giving them the usual spiel for what a headphone amp does.

This! I've done this in a few of my classes actually, one to show another head-fi'er and the other to listen to IEMs... Everyone says "hey what's that, it looks really cool!"
I tell them it's amp, make the usual speech like you. The last person I talked to was the funniest though. "does it work?"
NO, I STRAPPED THIS THING ON MY IPOD BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL! (not!)

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #4,264 of 6,356
When it interferes with work and family. When you can only be around others who are too. When it jeopardizes your work or schooling. If you or a loved one is an audiophile, they need help. And they can get it here, at Head-Fi, which will help them move on with their life. There is still hope.

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #4,265 of 6,356
Oh here's another one...
When I told my friends I didn't like halo4, they said it was probably the soundtrack or the music.
I said "although the music is bad, that's not why I dislike the game,"
all he said is: "whatever, audiophile..."

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #4,266 of 6,356
Quote:
Oh here's another one...
When I told my friends I didn't like halo4, they said it was probably the soundtrack or the music.
I said "although the music is bad, that's not why I dislike the game,"
all he said is: "whatever, audiophile..."

Halo 4 is a failure. It's the absolute pinnacle of the "graphics are the only thing that matters" ruse.

Back to music! You know you're an audiophile (or just weird) when you talk to your new headphones and tell them how good they are ._.

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #4,267 of 6,356
Halo 4 is a failure. It's the absolute pinnacle of the "graphics are the only thing that matters" ruse.

Back to music! You know you're an audiophile (or just weird) when you talk to your new headphones and tell them how good they are ._.

Yes! It also sounds like the sound effects are also encoded in 160kbps mp3...
I guess that qualifies as a "you know you're an audiophile when..." post too!

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #4,268 of 6,356
Quote:

...when you treat headphones or other audio gear as your best friend. XD

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #4,269 of 6,356
you know you're an audiophile when your friend thinks that you are seriously out of your mind and wasting your money when you already have a HD558 but end up buying an MS-1 a few months later, and you have to frantically try and explain to them that its is worth it because it is like different flavors of an icecream, and also admit that an eq cannot make a sennheiser sound as exciting and fast paced as an alessandro

also i have never played Halo 4 before, what's the bad parts of the game? gameplay,story,others?just curious

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #4,270 of 6,356
Quote:
you know you're an audiophile when your friend thinks that you are seriously out of your mind and wasting your money when you already have a HD558 but end up buying an MS-1 a few months later, and you have to frantically try and explain to them that its is worth it because it is like different flavors of an icecream, and also admit that an eq cannot make a sennheiser sound as exciting and fast paced as an alessandro

also i have never played Halo 4 before, what's the bad parts of the game? gameplay,story,others?just curious

I actually heard that Halo 4 is a mighty good game. 87/100 on Metacritic, 9.8/10 on IGN, etc. Sure I don't like some games, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Obviously Halo 4 must be doing something right if nearly every major reviewer gives it a 87%+ approval rating.

As for the soundtrack, I heard it's pretty decent as well. I'm not a fan of soundrack music in general, but Halo 1 definitely had a great soundtrack (that was what, 10 years ago?).

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #4,271 of 6,356
I actually heard that Halo 4 is a mighty good game. 87/100 on Metacritic, 9.8/10 on IGN, etc. Sure I don't like some games, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Obviously Halo 4 must be doing something right if nearly every major reviewer gives it a 87%+ approval rating.

As for the soundtrack, I heard it's pretty decent as well. I'm not a fan of soundrack music in general, but Halo 1 definitely had a great soundtrack (that was what, 10 years ago?).

I like halo's soundtracks in general, but this one wasn't as good in quantity or quality compared to previous games.
Also, look at user reviews right now, 5.7 on meta critic. Just because a reviewer likes it doesn't mean people will, and vice versa.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #4,272 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

The soundtrack is absolutely ATROCIOUS, especially in comparison to the rest of the series.
The sound effects are quite bad too.
The storyline is bloated and full of controversy. You have to go around searching every nook and cranny of the game to get the full storyline and even then it's not worth it.
Gameplay is virtually identical to Reach, and the multiplayer is exactly the same. The weapons are worse tbh. Two of them are absolutely useless.

The graphics are absolutely stunning, but its such a bad game that it's not worth it. Plus, they overuse frame-buffer effects a lot and its just too much. I don't need the screen to flash and make a huge impact wave every ******* time I hit an enemy with a bullet.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #4,273 of 6,356
The soundtrack is absolutely ATROCIOUS, especially in comparison to the rest of the series.
The sound effects are quite bad too.
The storyline is bloated and full of controversy. You have to go around searching every nook and cranny of the game to get the full storyline and even then it's not worth it.
Gameplay is virtually identical to Reach, and the multiplayer is exactly the same. The weapons are worse tbh. Two of them are absolutely useless.

The graphics are absolutely stunning, but its such a bad game that it's not worth it. Plus, they overuse frame-buffer effects a lot and its just too much. I don't need the screen to flash and make a huge impact wave every ******* time I hit an enemy with a bullet.

I completely agree!
Problem is that if you post a negative review anywhere you get flamed SO bad..o

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #4,275 of 6,356
Quote:
I like halo's soundtracks in general, but this one wasn't as good in quantity or quality compared to previous games.
Also, look at user reviews right now, 5.7 on meta critic. Just because a reviewer likes it doesn't mean people will, and vice versa.

Wait What. You're totally right!
SMH. It looks like this will be another "Diablo III". High "professional" reviews, poor user reviews. Wow, OK so maybe Halo 4 really is an epic fail after all. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back