You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #3,961 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you worry about room acoustics with your open back headphones

Oh gawd plz don't get me to start worrying about that now too >.>

You know your an audiophile when you buy the same $400 cans twice so you can have a pair to share with your friends... 

Oct 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #3,962 of 6,356
Quote:
Like this?
2eedd915_image.jpeg

Actually the Beats Executive is probably the best-sounding Beats headphone to date. The bass isn't super muddy like the Studios, nor was it overpowering like in the Pros. The midrange still sounds kind of hollow, but they're brought forward a bit. The highs...could use some work too; the timbre didn't sound right to my ears, but at least they weren't sibilant. I think the $300 asking price is much more reasonable for how they sound. You have to take into account the noise cancelling too; it's leagues better than the Studios and almost rivals Bose's; it definitely destroys the "noise cancelling" feature of the new Logitech UE6000.

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #3,963 of 6,356
Quote:
Actually the Beats Executive is probably the best-sounding Beats headphone to date. The bass isn't super muddy like the Studios, nor was it overpowering like in the Pros. The midrange still sounds kind of hollow, but they're brought forward a bit. The highs...could use some work too; the timbre didn't sound right to my ears, but at least they weren't sibilant. I think the $300 asking price is much more reasonable for how they sound. You have to take into account the noise cancelling too; it's leagues better than the Studios and almost rivals Bose's; it definitely destroys the "noise cancelling" feature of the new Logitech UE6000.

Regardless of how not-****ty Monster manages to make Beats, they're still a horrible company and I will never support their massive price jacking.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #3,964 of 6,356
Quote:
Regardless of how not-****ty Monster manages to make Beats, they're still a horrible company and I will never support their massive price jacking.

FYI they're not owned by monster anymore.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #3,965 of 6,356
Quote:

They are now owned by Beats Audio.

and still horribly overpriced, but the build quality is at least improved compared to Monster Beats Solo, which are made of cheap toy plastic that creaked SO much.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #3,966 of 6,356
Oct 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #3,969 of 6,356
Oct 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #3,970 of 6,356
Oct 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #3,971 of 6,356
Oct 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #3,972 of 6,356
Quote:

Yes, the pool girl looks like she's about cry diamond tears after blowing so much money on that piece of crap. At least the Beats Studio/Solo looked pretty presentable. The DT looks and sounds horrible. Ugh.

i personally think beats look stupid and ugly, along with other fashion phones. i just don't get the point of it. it's not clothing and jewelry, its a practical device that's function is to reproduce sound.

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #3,973 of 6,356
Quote:

Yes, the pool girl looks like she's about cry diamond tears after blowing so much money on that piece of crap. At least the Beats Studio/Solo looked pretty presentable. The DT looks and sounds horrible. Ugh.

well personally i feel that the Studio looks cheap, but the diamond tears just look bonkus. the Pro looked bonkus too, heck all their headphones look bonkus or cheap

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #3,974 of 6,356

Believe it or not, the Executive actually brings a lot to the table at $300. Compared to the UE6000, the noise cancelling is much better, the sound, to me, sounded much more natural (UE6000 had rather hollow-sounding mids and a rolled of treble), are much more portable (I don't even consider the UE6000 portable), easy to drive (Sansa Clip Zip can drive them pretty nicely, UE6000 needs more "oomph" to sound good), and solid aluminium construction (pretty much any headphone under $400 is going to be made of mostly plastic).

Hate on the Beats all you want, but the Executive is in fact worth $300 from my experience.

You should actually objectively judge headphones before you say anything about them.

Look at this crap:
http://www.monsterproducts.com/headphones/diamondtears/product.asp

I'm sure I'll be crying "diamond tears" after I listen to them for the insane price tag

Starting at $350? Seriously? D:

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #3,975 of 6,356

FYI they're not owned by monster anymore.

Yeah, I know that. You get my point.

For the record, Beats Electronics was founded by Dre and Jimmy Lovine. They signed a CONTRACT with Monster to PRODUCE the product not OWN it. While monster worked on production Dre and Co worked on roping in suckers celebrities to wear their phones. This was a 5 year production contract with Monster and Beats decided not to renew it.

The only change of ownership was when HTC bought 51% of the shares for 300 million. While they technically were the majority owners they still allowed Beats to run itself. This was short lived as HTC sold back half those shares to Dre's squad.

So technically you are both mistaken :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back