You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #2,763 of 6,356
Quote:
... when you tell your kids, "Santa isn't coming this year because Sennheiser is bringing out a new amp." 

Ha! This might be the first one on this thread that actually cracked me up. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #2,764 of 6,356
When you can't stop promoting brands like sennheiser , grado etc.. and you enjoy bashing beats

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #2,766 of 6,356
Quote:

Quote:
You know you're an audiophile a Head-Fier when it comes time to re-order checks, and you end up getting these...

Haha those are sweet!

Great conversation starter!  Waiting for the day I get a hit - "hey those are Grados" - and find a Head-Fier lurking out in the real world.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #2,768 of 6,356
Quote:
Duuuuude I want those checks! That is totally AWESOME! :D

Though I'm sure most people would be thinking "What is this??" upon seeing the check.

LOL, written two out so far.  No weird looks yet, but also no HF-like responses.

If anyone wants the files I used to have these "photo" checks printed, just PM me. 
smile.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2,770 of 6,356
Quote:
I was about to make a post to say that I'd love to own those checkbooks, but then I realized that I can't remember the last time I actually wrote a check.

Well yes, but that's because you aren't using these bad boys.  If you had these, you FIND a reason to write checks.  All kidding aside, there are certain conditions where I still need to write checks.  For example, the gardener, Girl Scout cookies, etc.  Also, I find the entire concept of checks fascinating.  It's basically a standardized IOU.  I just scribble some crap on a piece of paper and walk away with stuff.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #2,771 of 6,356
When you cant stop thinking about headphones. And how you only have a Grado SR80i for headphones (not IEM) and that you need to mod it and buy 2 more headphones. When you have close to no money
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #2,772 of 6,356
When you cant stop thinking about headphones. And how you only have a Grado SR80i for headphones (not IEM) and that you need to mod it and buy 2 more headphones. When you have close to no money:tongue_smile:

The Sr80i isn't bad...
Check out the Upgraholics anonymous thread for people with real problems (I'm part of it ~.~)

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #2,773 of 6,356
Quote:
The Sr80i isn't bad...
Check out the Upgraholics anonymous thread for people with real problems (I'm part of it ~.~)

They arent. My first pair of real 'phones and there amazing. But then if I modded them
tongue_smile.gif
 I have a major case of upgradatitis
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #2,774 of 6,356
when you use duct tape to improve SQ of headphone (subbass impact to be exact)

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #2,775 of 6,356
...you're wearing a full-size, open headphone as you're walking down the street.

Well, I suppose this could mean you're also stupid, depending on the headphone and/or the area you're in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back