Yanyin Discussion thread
Jul 26, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #2,356 of 2,418
Can someone compare "Yanyin x HBB Mahina" vs. "Kinera Nanna 2.0 Pro" in terms of Sound Signature and Overall Quality? I know that these are quite different IEM's but price difference is quite small beetween these two... 🤔😅

Also would like to know sound differencies beetween "Yanyin x HBB Mahina" and "Yanyin Canon II" 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #2,358 of 2,418
How do Moonlight OG compare to something like Penon Fan 2? Looks like Moonlight should have similar sound signature, but I'm looking for wider soundstage (airier, more out-of-head experience) and better imaging compared to Fan 2. Blessing 2 was great for me regarding stage.
Kinera Nanna v2 is also what I consider.
@Dsnuts perhaps you could share your opinion if Moonlight is worthy upgrade to Fan 2? To me, they virtually have no soundstage, sound is pretty much in the head.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #2,359 of 2,418
I'm fully addicted to the Canon 2 at this point. I listen to some occasional stuff on the Heyday's but for the most part this is my go to device to listen to anything. Sad to see that this set never really got a massive hype train going. I don't have any other 1+4 or higher configuration sets to compare it to but if someone is looking to spend up to $500 on a set I'd be hard pressed to not recommend they try out a pair at least to consider it.
This is making me want to purchase the Canon 2's so bad right now lol. Guess I need to sell something before buying another piece of equipment.

Aug 26, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #2,361 of 2,418
Has any of you, Moonlight users, found an upgrade cable to the stock one, that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars? I had the chance to compare it against Mest MKII stock PWAudio cable and I was surprised to see how much stage width, airiness and bass tightness improved. Basically took a bit of that emphasized midrange and put some more focus on low and high range.

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #2,364 of 2,418
Surprised crinacle only rates it a B. This thing is so damn smooth that it's incredible. Subbass could use a slight boost but I have headphones if I need a rumble session.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, the bass amount complements the rest of the tonality perfectly. The tuning is basically perfect.

Edit2: Ok how the actual hell is this thing so damn smooth. The more I listen the more I am impressed.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #2,365 of 2,418
Surprised crinacle only rates it a B.
When it comes to tuning, I don't care if he likes it more or less, but this guy gave Moonlight lower technicalities rating than Blessing 2 which is literally worlds apart in raw resolution, imaging, stage, honestly everything, with Moonlight being actually close to Mest MKII (I had been comparing these two for 2 weeks and eventually ended up with Moonlight). He also rated HD600 higher (B+) in resolution than Ananda and Sundara (both received B). Not only both are more resolving than HD600, but also Ananda is an enormous upgrade to Sundara. I'm pretty sure, given the amount of gear he tests, he can just look at the graph, put the IEMs/hps for a minute in his ears and make a decision. No burn-in, no getting used to different tonality. Kinera Nanna is another example of a great IEM (comparable to Moonlight in quality) he pooped on in his ranking. Avoid this guy.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #2,366 of 2,418
When it comes to tuning, I don't care if he likes it more or less, but this guy gave Moonlight lower technicalities rating than Blessing 2 which is literally worlds apart in raw resolution, imaging, stage, honestly everything, with Moonlight being actually close to Mest MKII (I had been comparing these two for 2 weeks and eventually ended up with Moonlight). He also rated HD600 higher (B+) resolution than Ananda and Sundara (both received B). Not only both are more resolving than HD600, but also Ananda is enormous upgrade to Sundara. I'm pretty sure, considering the amount of gear he tests, he can just look at the graph, put the IEMs/hps for a minute in his ears and make a decision. No burn-in, no getting used to different tonality. Kinera Nanna is another example of a great IEM (comparable to Moonlight in quality) he crap on in his ranking. Avoid this guy.
Or maybe, just maybe, his subjective experience is just as valid as yours?!

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #2,367 of 2,418
Or maybe, just maybe, his subjective experience is just as valid as yours?!
You can call everything subjective this way, that's why I didn't want to discuss his tonality ratings, but if one has been in the hobby for a while and has at least decent experience and understanding of particular sound aspects, there are actually things that can be quite objective. Raw detail retrieval and instrument separation is something I wouldn't really call subjective in direct comparison between two iems. You either hear more or less in the song you had known well. You can read my opinion on Ananda vs Sundara and comments of hundreds of other people who had compared them. Giving them the same resolution rating means that he is either deaf (which I doubt) or he just didn't give a damn about testing them properly. I'm not surprised - if you go to Sephora all fragrances will smell the same after half an hour. You need to live longer with one to fully appreciate it and he just grabs 10 at a time and doesn't give them attention they deserve.

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #2,368 of 2,418
You can call everything subjective this way, that's why I didn't want to discuss his tonality ratings, but if one has been in the hobby for a while and has at least decent experience and understanding of particular sound aspects, there are actually things that can be quite objective. Raw detail retrieval and instrument separation is something I wouldn't really call subjective in direct comparison between two iems. You either hear more or less in the song you had known well. You can read my opinion on Ananda vs Sundara and comments of hundreds of other people who had compared them. Giving them the same resolution rating means that he is either deaf (which I doubt) or he just didn't give a damn about testing them properly. I'm not surprised - if you go to Sephora all fragrances will smell the same after half an hour. You need to live longer with one to fully appreciate it and he just grabs 10 at a time and doesn't give them attention they deserve.

I’ll leave you to your opinion - good day to you sir

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #2,370 of 2,418
Has any of you, Moonlight users, found an upgrade cable to the stock one, that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars? I had the chance to compare it against Mest MKII stock PWAudio cable and I was surprised to see how much stage width, airiness and bass tightness improved. Basically took a bit of that emphasized midrange and put some more focus on low and high range.
OpenHeart OH110.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back