Yanyin Discussion thread
Sep 11, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #2,386 of 2,418
The more I listen to the Moonlights the more I appreciate the smooth, yet detailed sound these offer. Just sitting back, relaxing, and closing your eyes to immerse yourself in the music, knowing that there is zero harshness to worry about :)
I get the same thing with Canon 2, you literally immerse yourself in the music and go with the flow

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #2,387 of 2,418
Has anyone compared Moonlight to Canon OG/II? Seems like Moonlight is a keeper for me but I'm also looking for something complimentary - more fun/energetic. Penon 10th are on the way, but Serial and Canons also seem interesting.

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #2,388 of 2,418
If you got the 10th coming. I would put the 10th as an upgrade on the Canon OG sound signature. I dont have the new Canon 2 but 10ths signature is similar to the OG canon with a more expansive sound/stage.

I would stick to the 10th as it is what your looking for. Very complimentary to the moonlights. Serials are unique and worth owning simply as there aren't too many 3 DD IEMs in the market. Those are different from anything you listed so if you are looking for something different from what you got the Serial is the way to go.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #2,389 of 2,418
If you got the 10th coming. I would put the 10th as an upgrade on the Canon OG sound signature. I dont have the new Canon 2 but 10ths signature is similar to the OG canon with a more expansive sound/stage.

I would stick to the 10th as it is what your looking for. Very complimentary to the moonlights. Serials are unique and worth owning simply as there aren't too many 3 DD IEMs in the market. Those are different from anything you listed so if you are looking for something different from what you got the Serial is the way to go.
Looks like there is no escape from Penon! They just keep making incredible value stuff you need to have and they take no prisoners. Who still even remembers about value king of the past, Moondrop?
I can't wait to compare Moonlight with 10th, I know Moonlights are slightly pricier but I feel like they are hard to beat. I'm not sure if I can justify buying another IEM but Serial is also one I need to try at some point. Perhaps I will jump straight into Serial 2. Cheers!

Sep 11, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #2,390 of 2,418
Did you compare them with Moonlight or anything from Penon?
I don’t have the Moonlight, but can compare the Canon 2 with quite a few Penon IEMs.

The thick, warm, highly musical tone of the Canon 2 is very reminiscent of Penon’s house sound but there is a smoothness that is Yanyin’s signature. It is also very resolving and natural, giving wonderful details across the tonal range. Finally, the soundstage is huge.

It’s a nice change from the Penon tonality, but still a related sound. It made me think of an upgraded Audiosense AQ4.

For me, the Canon 2 joins the 10th, EST50, Neo5 and Serial as one of my favourites. The smoothness and natural tone of the Canon 2 are fantastic, but the way Penon IEMs colour the sound is part of their charm.

Sep 18, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #2,391 of 2,418
To this day, I am happy to listen to music through OG Canon and changed my Moonlight to Canon 2, which I do not regret at all. They are even somewhat similar in sound. Headphones are no longer interesting, however, as is this hobby itself. :) I'm even glad that the endless search of various headphones has ended. As a result - 8 pairs of excellent IEM and three players.

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #2,392 of 2,418
To this day, I am happy to listen to music through OG Canon and changed my Moonlight to Canon 2, which I do not regret at all. They are even somewhat similar in sound. Headphones are no longer interesting, however, as is this hobby itself. :) I'm even glad that the endless search of various headphones has ended. As a result - 8 pairs of excellent IEM and three players.
How would you compare Canon 1/2 to Moonlight? What made you switch? I think Moonlight are fantastic.

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #2,393 of 2,418
Avoid the YaoYaoTiger store everyone, just FYI. I sent my OG Canon for warranty repairs through the Yaoyaotiger store (bass response reduced on one side), they said they forwarded it to YanYin but I haven't heard back in a year, kinda wrote them off tbh. The store says that YanYin has my Canons, but they haven't heard anything and aren't really treating it as their problem (my recommendation: don't deal with yaoyaotiger). If anyone has a way to contact YanYin, let me know, either through someone working there or an official email/contact form. Thanks :)

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #2,394 of 2,418
Avoid the YaoYaoTiger store everyone, just FYI. I sent my OG Canon for warranty repairs through the Yaoyaotiger store (bass response reduced on one side), they said they forwarded it to YanYin but I haven't heard back in a year, kinda wrote them off tbh. The store says that YanYin has my Canons, but they haven't heard anything and aren't really treating it as their problem (my recommendation: don't deal with yaoyaotiger). If anyone has a way to contact YanYin, let me know, either through someone working there or an official email/contact form. Thanks :)

@Joe Bloggs kindly see if you can help trace Danny's Canon unit. Danny, Joe is the rep around to help with anything Yanyin. Cheers!

Sep 19, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #2,395 of 2,418
Hi @DannyDanz ,

Thank you for your order and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened so far. Can you fill me in with details of your order, including link to the online store and your date of order, order number, reason for RMA etc.? We'll see what we can do from our end. Thanks!

(reply via pm)

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 19, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #2,396 of 2,418
How would you compare Canon 1/2 to Moonlight? What made you switch? I think Moonlight are fantastic.
In the Canon OG, the bass is more dense, percussive, compared to the Canon 2. At first, Moonlight had excellent low frequencies, but after a year they would somehow turn into neutral and just disappeared somewhere. Just the Canon 2 setup reminds me of Moonlight in some way, the same holographic setup, only with balanced low frequencies in addition. I like two settings for Canon 2 - 00 and 10. At the moment I'm listening to 10.

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #2,397 of 2,418
In the Canon OG, the bass is more dense, percussive, compared to the Canon 2. At first, Moonlight had excellent low frequencies, but after a year they would somehow turn into neutral and just disappeared somewhere. Just the Canon 2 setup reminds me of Moonlight in some way, the same holographic setup, only with balanced low frequencies in addition. I like two settings for Canon 2 - 00 and 10. At the moment I'm listening to 10.
I've been sticking with 10 for the long haul. Seems to have the best balance without pushing too far into the mids.

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #2,398 of 2,418
This may sound like a silly question but which directions are the switches set for the canon II in the factory? I thought it was 1 on 2 off, but now I’m doubting it was 1 off 2 on? Or does it not make a difference at all? Basically just want to get it set the same way as when I got it
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back