Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 17, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #316 of 2,418
I have been desperately checking this forum like a crack fien waiting for that more in-depth comparison to the Globes. No pressure :deadhorse:

Haha, I'll have more on that tomorrow. Spoiler: it's not an easy choice, but I hope to give you a flavour of both so you can make a decision.

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #317 of 2,418
ochre lemodie.jpg

https://bandcamp.ochremusic.com/album/lemodie-15th-anniversary-edition

all time classic ............................................

Happy listenings everybody................

1629200560893.png

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #318 of 2,418
I have been desperately checking this forum like a crack fien waiting for that more in-depth comparison to the Globes. No pressure :deadhorse:

How about grouping by their House sound
ISN Audio - Bass (H40, EST50)
Penon Audio - Mids (Globe, Volt)
Tansio Mirai - Treble (Land, Spark)
Yanyin - Balance sounding (Alladin)
The above is just a summary, how they differentiate from one another, from where they excel.
But as far as I know, all (7) sets are excellent and even exceed in their respective price range...

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #320 of 2,418
@ehjie what is your nickname on bandcamp bro?
Christopher Leary (AKA OCHRE) is one of the 3 to 4 artists I ve been following steadily for 20 years or so man.........
I really adore his musical creations...

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #321 of 2,418
I can say that after an evening of trials and comparisons, the Aladdin does, for me, live up to the positive comments and reviews expressed in this thread! Once I settled on my most comfortable tips and an unused Whiplash silver/gold cable, I find the overall sound to be uncannily similar to listening at a live venue. As my favorite genres are classical, acoustic and vocals, I am very pleased that I took a leap of faith and ordered them based on Dsnut's recommendations. While the presentations differ, the overall SQ and listening enjoyment places them in my "A" group (Isa, Luna and Black Hole)

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #322 of 2,418
The above is just a summary, how they differentiate from one another, from where they excel.
But as far as I know, all (7) sets are excellent and even exceed in their respective price range...
Wow that's helpful! I was starting to make some of those deductions from my readings, but this is a really nice breakdown. So they all share a common musical/organic trait, but then highlight different areas of sound. I think this narrows me to a more Globe vs. Aladdin mainframe. I like bass and do like electronic music, but I think of bass as more of the scaffolding or backbone that supports everything else not necessarily the star of the show. Treble I can be a little sensitive to, but haven't done enough personal experimentation to know specifically what frequencies. I know I tend to pick up sibilance easily.

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #323 of 2,418
I can say that after an evening of trials and comparisons, the Aladdin does, for me, live up to the positive comments and reviews expressed in this thread! Once I settled on my most comfortable tips and an unused Whiplash silver/gold cable, I find the overall sound to be uncannily similar to listening at a live venue. As my favorite genres are classical, acoustic and vocals, I am very pleased that I took a leap of faith and ordered them based on Dsnut's recommendations. While the presentations differ, the overall SQ and listening enjoyment places them in my "A" group (Isa, Luna and Black Hole)
How is Isabelle compared to aladin ?

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #324 of 2,418
Aug 17, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #325 of 2,418
Wow that's helpful! I was starting to make some of those deductions from my readings, but this is a really nice breakdown. So they all share a common musical/organic trait, but then highlight different areas of sound. I think this narrows me to a more Globe vs. Aladdin mainframe. I like bass and do like electronic music, but I think of bass as more of the scaffolding or backbone that supports everything else not necessarily the star of the show. Treble I can be a little sensitive to, but haven't done enough personal experimentation to know specifically what frequencies. I know I tend to pick up sibilance easily.
Oh my, I know what you'll be getting. Per experience chatting w/ our fellow head-fiers.
Quality over quantity, non overpowering excellent rumble, textured Bass, excellent Mids, extended but smooth treble (also forgiving on sibilant tracks). Full size Headphone like scale and 3d imaging.
But, please browse some more...
:beerchug:
1629208092412.png

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #326 of 2,418
How is Isabelle compared to aladin ?
Isa is warm & lush with a more intimate presentation while still offering superb timbre and detail. Different phones for different moods. I, for example, prefer the Isa for piano and and most strings but the Aladdin for orchestras recorded in a large venue. I do get a slightly better fit with the Aladdin. The larger nozzle of the Isa makes tip-rolling and fitment more challenging.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #327 of 2,418
@ehjie what is your nickname on bandcamp bro?
Christopher Leary (AKA OCHRE) is one of the 3 to 4 artists I ve been following steadily for 20 years or so man.........
I really adore his musical creations...
i pmed :beerchug: :)

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #328 of 2,418
Oh my, I know what you'll be getting. Per experience chatting w/ our fellow head-fiers.
Quality over quantity, non overpowering excellent rumble, textured Bass, excellent Mids, extended but smooth treble (also forgiving on sibilant tracks). Full size Headphone like scale and 3d imaging.
But, please browse some more...
:beerchug:
1629208092412.png
You are speaking my language!

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #329 of 2,418
Man...don't disregard Land's bass! One of the best bass I have hear till date!

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #330 of 2,418
Man...don't disregard Land's bass! One of the best bass I have hear till date!
But why just LAND when I can have the whole globe!!! Sorry I had to.

I won't rule that out just yet. Is it a good all arounder? Also, ehjie listed that as having a treble emphasis. I like details, but feel that at times some things can get a little piercing or shouting in my personal listening experience. I do not need the nth degree of microscopic detail, if that would make the experience painful or unenjoyable. Having no experience with higher level iems, I just get the sense in some of my research that the pursuit is for ultra-resolution and sometimes the enjoyment of the music gets put on the backburner. I had a lower level Ety the HF5 thing sounded fantastic, it was my first foray into good audio. But as I dabbled more now owning the HE-500 and HD-650, I have come to feel that they Ety sound though addictive can be kind of cold and tiring. Sorry Ety I still love you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back