Yanyin Discussion thread
May 10, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #1,096 of 2,418
We have four reviews of Russian-speaking on Yanyin Canon. I haven't listened to a lot of headphones and have changed my entire collection since last year. I really hope that this time I will be lucky with Yanyin Canon.. There are different headphones - both expensive and not so expensive, but I really like them all, regardless of the price. The price doesn't mean anything to me personally. It is especially very disappointing to get poorly tuned headphones for 1000+ dollars and above, and I have no other options, how to buy everything for good luck. Just ordered them.
Congratulations on the buy! I've listed all the known reviews and graphs in this thread: https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/yanyin-audio-canon/33973. HBB has done a brief review, but he will feature them in the near future in a lengthier video on YouTube.

I will also add my review, although I really need to find some spare time to do that.

May 11, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #1,097 of 2,418
1652281178431.png

https://penonaudio.com/yanyin-moonlight-est.html She is out. Tempting!!

Yanyin Moonlight 2EST + 4BA + 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2pin 0.78mm HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphones IEMs
Description

Yanyin technology first electrostatic hybrid driver structure earphone

10mm new Bio-diaphragm dynamic

4 Knowles independent balanced armature

2 Sonion electrostatic units

The moon shines, the stars twinkle
Each piece of earphone is made by hand in reverse mold, with unique craftsmanship like moonlight embellishment, half-hidden and half-visible. Like the moonlight under the starry sky at night with beautiful music, picturesque.

Good tuning, good soul
MoonLight uses a complex physical frequency division combined with electronic frequency division technology, and the design of the four-band independent tube makes the sound more pure.
The phase of each unit spends a lot of time processing coordination, exhibiting an industry standard for ultra-low distortion. The sound positioning is accurate, the sound field is naturally wide, and the feeling of unplugging is excellent.

Where the moon goes, the sound goes

MoonLight adopts new Bio-diaphragm dynamic, better sound diving, full atmosphere, better elastic performance.

The configuration of the 4 Knowles balanced armature ensures the high and medium frequency sound is full and details are restored clearly.

Two Sonion electrostatic units with an ultra-wide frequency response range make the ultra-high frequency smooth, warm and transparent.

Graphene silver-plated cable

The cable is made of 4 strands of Litz structure, graphene wrapped with silver-plated cable. The good horse is equipped with whip, so that the signal transmission cannot lose.

The earphone is designed with detachable cable and also supports balanced plugs. The default pin is 2pin 0.78mm connectors +3.5mm single end.

High toughness, high strength, imported medical resin

The shell of the earphone is still made of egger medical grade resin imported from Germany. The excellent material makes the shell of the earphone have the characteristics of high toughness and high strength. This environmentally friendly material is also one of the preferred materials for high-end earphones.

Specification

Model: MoonLight
Driver: 10mm Bio-diaphragm dynamic + 4 Knowles independent balanced armature + 2 Sonion electrostatic units
Technology: 4 crossover + 4 independent tubes
Frequency response: 5Hz-50kHz
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 118dB
Cable material: 4 strands graphene wrapped with silver-plated cable
Cable length: 1.2m
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Plug: 3.5mm

May 11, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #1,098 of 2,418
1652281178431.png

Yanyin Moonlight 2EST + 4BA + 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2pin 0.78mm HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphones IEMs
Description

Each piece of earphone is made by hand in reverse mold, with unique craftsmanship like moonlight embellishment, half-hidden and half-visible. Like the moonlight under the starry sky at night with beautiful music, picturesque.

Good tuning, good soul
MoonLight uses a complex physical frequency division combined with electronic frequency division technology, and the design of the four-band independent tube makes the sound more pure.
The phase of each unit spends a lot of time processing coordination, exhibiting an industry standard for ultra-low distortion. The sound positioning is accurate, the sound field is naturally wide, and the feeling of unplugging is excellent.

MoonLight adopts new Bio-diaphragm dynamic, better sound diving, full atmosphere, better elastic performance.

The configuration of the 4 Knowles balanced armature ensures the high and medium frequency sound is full and details are restored clearly.

Two Sonion electrostatic units with an ultra-wide frequency response range make the ultra-high frequency smooth, warm and transparent.

The cable is made of 4 strands of Litz structure, graphene wrapped with silver-plated cable. The good horse is equipped with whip, so that the signal transmission cannot lose.

The earphone is designed with detachable cable and also supports balanced plugs. The default pin is 2pin 0.78mm connectors +3.5mm single end.

The shell of the earphone is still made of egger medical grade resin imported from Germany. The excellent material makes the shell of the earphone have the characteristics of high toughness and high strength. This environmentally friendly material is also one of the preferred materials for high-end earphones.

Specification

Driver: 10mm Bio-diaphragm dynamic + 4 Knowles independent balanced armature + 2 Sonion electrostatic units
Very tempted. Would like to see a graph though, if possible an overlay with Aladdin and Canon for reference.

May 12, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #1,101 of 2,418
Legends! Looking forward to your impressions :)

May 12, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #1,103 of 2,418
This will be my first EST. Piezos I've heard several, but haven't jumped in on any ESTs yet due in part to widespread subpar implementations. I have confidence in Yanyin's tuning abilities though.

Prospective buyers should note the low impedance of 8 ohms, by the bye.

May 12, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #1,104 of 2,418
Yanyin likes to make low impedance IEMs, huh? All their models are 8-10 Ohms...

May 12, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #1,105 of 2,418
Some disappointing news re my Canons: one of the IEMs has become significantly quieter than the other.

I can partially correct the issue by shifting the balance on my DAC but they no longer sound as good as they used to.

IMG_3808.JPG

May 12, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,106 of 2,418
Some disappointing news re my Canons: one of the IEMs has become significantly quieter than the other.

I can partially correct the issue by shifting the balance on my DAC but they no longer sound as good as they used to.

crap, sorry to hear that. You're still under warranty, right? Did you buy from Penon? Penon has a decent customer service, so it's worthwhile reaching out.

One common cause of channel imbalance is moisture build-up inside the nozzle. This can be from high relative humidity, ear physiology, large temp changes (condensation), etc. If this is the cause, you can try to wick up any moisture you see around the metal mesh in the nozzle, or putting your IEM in an enclosed tupperware box with desiccants or rice. I know multiple people who had imbalance issues with Tripowin x HBB Mele and Olina, and some of them managed to fix their problem by drying out or replacing the nozzle filter. Unfortunately, the Canon has a metal mesh compared to the polymer mesh in the Mele and Olina, so swapping the mesh out won't fix it.

Really hope you can fix it or can get Yanyin/Penon to replace it!

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,107 of 2,418
crap, sorry to hear that. You're still under warranty, right? Did you buy from Penon? Penon has a decent customer service, so it's worthwhile reaching out.

One common cause of channel imbalance is moisture build-up inside the nozzle. This can be from high relative humidity, ear physiology, large temp changes (condensation), etc. If this is the cause, you can try to wick up any moisture you see around the metal mesh in the nozzle, or putting your IEM in an enclosed tupperware box with desiccants or rice. I know multiple people who had imbalance issues with Tripowin x HBB Mele and Olina, and some of them managed to fix their problem by drying out or replacing the nozzle filter. Unfortunately, the Canon has a metal mesh compared to the polymer mesh in the Mele and Olina, so swapping the mesh out won't fix it.

Really hope you can fix it or can get Yanyin/Penon to replace it!
Thanks for the advice @ttorbic - I'll certainly give that a try. I bought mine via Aliexpress so I'm not confident I can get them replaced or fixed via that route.

May 12, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #1,108 of 2,418
If this is the cause, you can try to wick up any moisture you see around the metal mesh in the nozzle, or putting your IEM in an enclosed tupperware box with desiccants or rice.
I always store my nicer IEMs in Pelican cases with desiccant.

May 12, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #1,109 of 2,418
1652281178431.png

Description

Good tuning, good soul

Specification

Great will be waiting for your review. No frequency graph? Some owners on taobao mentioned that it has a smooth signature rather than energetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back