Yanyin Discussion thread
May 8, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #1,086 of 2,418
Indications of balanced-sounding AMI such as Aladdin.
I don't quite understand what "indications" can point to the sound signature of an IEM, but we'll know more when first impressions/measurements will come in.

May 8, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #1,087 of 2,418
There is a desire to try to buy Yanyan Canon, I don't look at the charts. But judging by them, the Yanyan Canon bass response should be full-fledged. The middle is slightly recessed, but this is normal. I am most interested in how the high-frequency range is implemented in these headphones. I like sufficiently sonorous and detailed treble that does not go into the dark If these headphones do not have high frequencies, then I do not need them at all.

May 8, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #1,088 of 2,418
There is a desire to try to buy Yanyan Canon, I don't look at the charts. But judging by them, the Yanyan Canon bass response should be full-fledged. The middle is slightly recessed, but this is normal. I am most interested in how the high-frequency range is implemented in these headphones. I like sufficiently sonorous and detailed treble that does not go into the dark If these headphones do not have high frequencies, then I do not need them at all.
Treble is very lively and well extended, Canon isn't "dark" nor "warm".

May 8, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #1,090 of 2,418
Treble is very lively and well extended, Canon isn't "dark" nor "warm".
In my opinion I strongly agree that Canon is not dark, but strongly disagree that it is not warm.

It is notably warmer in the lower mids than other neutral-with-bass-boost sets, Serial included. It’s a nice quality that it has to differentiate it, I don’t see it as a con.

May 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,091 of 2,418
I found mids slightly recessed in 000 when listening to Adele. Bass is quite prominent in 000 tuning. I love it for some music, but for female vocal tracks I go for 010. If I were a treblehead I'd even do 001.

That's the beauty of the Canon - the switches work well!

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #1,092 of 2,418
I found mids slightly recessed in 000 when listening to Adele. Bass is quite prominent in 000 tuning. I love it for some music, but for female vocal tracks I go for 010. If I were a treblehead I'd even do 001.

That's the beauty of the Canon - the switches work well!
When is the review coming? :sweat_smile: Interested to hear more of your thoughts.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #1,093 of 2,418
Now that I'm finally happy with an IEM, I decided to invest in some modular cables:

1652191477227.png

1652191513807.png

May 10, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,095 of 2,418
We have four reviews of Russian-speaking on Yanyin Canon. I haven't listened to a lot of headphones and have changed my entire collection since last year. I really hope that this time I will be lucky with Yanyin Canon.. There are different headphones - both expensive and not so expensive, but I really like them all, regardless of the price. The price doesn't mean anything to me personally. It is especially very disappointing to get poorly tuned headphones for 1000+ dollars and above, and I have no other options, how to buy everything for good luck. Just ordered them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back