Yamaha EPH-100
Jan 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #3,078 of 4,690
Quote:
of course eph is defective because it plays uneven on 2 different sources :frowning2: its really sad that ppl pay alot of money (i know that its good price for SQ though) and its just broken thing

Well, I  probably wouldn't have bought the eph-100 after reading so many report of defective pairs.
But mine are fine, and great, so I  don't regret them.

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #3,080 of 4,690
The EPH is better than the Turbines overall, but has a softer bass presentation and less colored sound. If you liked the turbines, I'd advise you to go for the Turbine Pro Golds, they share a similar sound but are much better overall, with bigger sound stage and better detail, and are only $150 from the link I gave you in my other post. At that price they are an absolute steal!

So how would you say the monster turbines compare to the eph100.As i was very happy with them.Also i asked on another forum the same question and got this answer Quote:

I would go for the EPH100 (emphasized low end with good sub-bass, well-balanced mids with some warmth, and nicely extending but very smooth highs, a bit shallower than others, but the best of all of the above). They are very comfortable and the fit works well. Haven't heard any complaints about them aesthetically. Klipsch X10 is a bit more comfortable IMO because it's just so sleek. Sound is pretty good on them (large bass quantity for a BA, warm mids, smooth but shallow highs) but I'd still choose the EPH-100 over them in terms of sound. I do not recommend the SE215 because they aren't very comfortable, and the extension is not very impressive. In conclusion, go for the EPH-100. Huge improvement over Turbines

so I am a bit confused 
confused.gif

thanks anyways

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #3,081 of 4,690
Just thought I'd pitch in with my views after the first day. To say the least, I'm with most people in that they sound pretty amazing. Coming from Beyerdynamic DTX 101s, these are a marked improvement. The clarity and instrument separation is immediately noticeable and sounds great. I actually quite like the amount of bass, so I hope it doesn't decrease too much after burn in as most people have said.

Since they arrived at my workplace this afternoon, they've been playing almost non stop, nearly 12 hours now. I also wanted to mention that I had to walk home in the rain with these, and so far I had no moisture issues or problems with any of the earbuds losing sound. I hope I'm not speaking too soon.

So anyway, first impressions are very positive indeed. Let's hope they last.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #3,082 of 4,690
Glad you're liking the EPH :) In my experience the bass quantity did not decrease noticeably with burn in, but does tighten up a bit, which might give the superficial impression of a loss of body/quantity, but is actually an improvement in quality. Personally I didn't experience a less bassy sound after burn in.
Just thought I'd pitch in with my views after the first day. To say the least, I'm with most people in that they sound pretty amazing. Coming from Beyerdynamic DTX 101s, these are a marked improvement. The clarity and instrument separation is immediately noticeable and sounds great. I actually quite like the amount of bass, so I hope it doesn't decrease too much after burn in as most people have said.

Since they arrived at my workplace this afternoon, they've been playing almost non stop, nearly 12 hours now. I also wanted to mention that I had to walk home in the rain with these, and so far I had no moisture issues or problems with any of the earbuds losing sound. I hope I'm not speaking too soon.

So anyway, first impressions are very positive indeed. Let's hope they last.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #3,083 of 4,690
Quote:
well i bought in store not so far from the place i live - i took the risk.

Can you get an exchange?

Quote:
Anyone willing to part ways with their stock ear tips? My dogs just ate some of mine and I'm totally bummed haha

Lmao, why don't you keep your dog away from your earphones 
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #3,085 of 4,690
Quote:
Lmao, why don't you keep your dog away from your earphones 
tongue.gif

My brother wanted to test it out and when you have so many Welsh Corgis....3 are still puppies and they love to eat everything in sight! Now my fitting is pretty silly since I only have basically one Super large and the smallest one haha

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3,086 of 4,690
Quote:
My brother wanted to test it out and when you have so many Welsh Corgis....3 are still puppies and they love to eat everything in sight! Now my fitting is pretty silly since I only have basically one Super large and the smallest one haha

Man, I love Corgis! It's been ages since I last posted here. Now been a year with the Yammies and the only new iems I found the urge to buy in that period were the MH1C. Yep, one can say the EPH100 keep me satisfied. They are absolutely my go-to IEM. They have been almost faultess. I have experienced the left side going quiet a couple of times recently. I'm convinced it's to do with moisture after extended wearing, but it's not too much of an issue for me personally, I just try to rotate between iems more frequently. Plus they are still under warranty should it get worse. I gave the Sonys to my brother after about a month, they sounded amazing, with a musical quality well beyond their price tag but the vacuum seal made them uncomfortable for me. I use the brighter GR07 when I want to sit down and appreciate music and the EPH for fun, working out and movies. To anyone who's apprehensive to get these because of the reported issues, I'd say don't be afraid. Check with the seller that you do have warranty just in case and enjoy the musicality of these.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #3,087 of 4,690
hi all :) is there a remedy for the moisture problem? are there any other durability problems? i tend to abuse my iems,cables are usually first to go :$ what's the best place to buy these? i live in Ontario,Canada 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back