Yamaha EPH-100
Dec 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #3,047 of 4,690
Quote:
Fair enough, for trance they are hard to beat.
Fingers crossed the jvc's will be special.

Yea mate, been listening to Trance.fm 320kbps stream almost all day with the Yamahas and Ortofons.

It's weird how the Yamahas sound so right and the Ortofons dont. 
blink.gif

Where did you get the JVCs from btw? I've been looking at ordering them from eBay... nearly £200 though, that's quite a chunk for me lol

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3,049 of 4,690
Hello!

I have yamaha eph-100, but I'm not really satisfied with the comfort. I've tried all original tips that came with the earphone. I can have it in my ear with no problem when like sitting in the car, I had it in like 4-5 hours in the car with no problem at all. But when I'm like dishing or running to the bus or walking the earphones slip out from my ears and I need to put them back several times which is really annoying.

Are there any other foam that might fit better or something? Then please tell me which one who should be better.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #3,050 of 4,690
Quote:
Hello!

I have yamaha eph-100, but I'm not really satisfied with the comfort. I've tried all original tips that came with the earphone. I can have it in my ear with no problem when like sitting in the car, I had it in like 4-5 hours in the car with no problem at all. But when I'm like dishing or running to the bus or walking the earphones slip out from my ears and I need to put them back several times which is really annoying.

Are there any other foam that might fit better or something? Then please tell me which one who should be better.

Thanks in advance!

I do not have any problems using the medium-large flange tips. However, everyone has different ears so...

These foam tips should work fine for you:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_ssn=lostearbuds&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=foam+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Originally recommended to me by putente. :D

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #3,051 of 4,690
Quote:
I do not have any problems using the medium-large flange tips. However, everyone has different ears so...

These foam tips should work fine for you:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_ssn=lostearbuds&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=foam+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Originally recommended to me by putente. :D

Thanks alot for your fast response! :). Are ebay the only store who are selling them, or do you know if any other stores selling them aswell?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Can you run, doing quickly movements etc. and the earphone is still in your ear without slipping out? For me it seems like it's not even fitting in my earcanal- Maybe the driver unit or what's called is to big for my earcanal or something? Or opposite, I've really big earcanal and the large doesn't even fit :), It's hard to know.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,052 of 4,690
Thanks alot for your fast response! :). Are ebay the only store who are selling them, or do you know if any other stores selling them aswell?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Can you run, doing quickly movements etc. and the earphone is still in your ear without slipping out? For me it seems like it's not even fitting in my earcanal- Maybe the driver unit or what's called is to big for my earcanal or something? Or opposite, I've really big earcanal and the large doesn't even fit :), It's hard to know.

Sorry, missed your reply.

Yeah I think eBay is the only store to pick those up as they are shipped from the US.

I don't have any issues with these iems, they stick in my ear with stock double flange in medium - large size comfortably and I barely feel them.

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #3,053 of 4,690
Real big fan of these EPH-100s. They have such a fun, big and smooth sound. I wrote a comparison of these to the Rock-IT R-50s (also some great mid-fi IEMs) here for anyone interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/646049/yamaha-eph100-vs-rock-it-r-50-an-audio-noobs-impression#post_9052982

The only IEM that may dethrone them for me would be the FXZ100... but I can wait until they have an official US release in the coming months.

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #3,054 of 4,690
These iems are so amazing that I've almost completely lost interest in buying other iems.

At least for now.

Just wish this thread was more active with the fans.

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #3,055 of 4,690
Hey all,

Can anyone compare these to the Vsonic GR07 and/or GR07 Bass Edition?

I need a bit more bass for trance, hardstyle and drum n bass. The GR07 is clear and very detailed but a bit more bass would be nice.. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #3,056 of 4,690
Quote:
Hey all,

Can anyone compare these to the Vsonic GR07 and/or GR07 Bass Edition?

I need a bit more bass for trance, hardstyle and drum n bass. The GR07 is clear and very detailed but a bit more bass would be nice.. 

To me, EPH-100's bass hit harder but GR07's bass goes deeper.
GR07's overall signature is quite neutral. It won't be much exciting to listen to compared to the thicker sounding EPH-100.

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #3,058 of 4,690
Hi I am really thinking about getting the eph100 my understanding is that they have a really good bass. good mids. And OK highs .I listen to hiphop,rap,R&b,and dub step I use a Fiio E6 amp and iPod nano 6th gen with 320kps.The only thing stopping me is the fit and comfort of these what is it like is it really bad or what.Also I had monster turbines and was very happy with them so how do they compair to the eph100.Also these are some other IEM I have been looking at ` klipsch image x10 and shure se215`what are they like which would you choose

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #3,059 of 4,690
Quote:
Sorry, missed your reply.

Yeah I think eBay is the only store to pick those up as they are shipped from the US.

I don't have any issues with these iems, they stick in my ear with stock double flange in medium - large size comfortably and I barely feel them.

Oh ok, because they don't seem to be able to ship it to Sweden. But anyway, the stock double flange in large seems to be good now. What fixed my problem is that I need to dry my ear. Because when I take the earphones off, the double flange is like really slippery from some fluid or something from the earcanal. I can now really understand why they are falling off and I'm glad I found the problem, because it pissed me off sometimes. Well, it's not 100% all the time, but it's much better.

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,060 of 4,690
Quote:
These iems are so amazing that I've almost completely lost interest in buying other iems.

At least for now.

Just wish this thread was more active with the fans.

Indeed, I love this IEM. I didn't know IEM's could sound this good, but I gave it a try after all the good reviews. And I'm not regretting it at all, I can only thank all of you who have reviewed/recommended and argued about this IEM. I lost the interest of buying other headphones/earphones/iems aswell. I don't need anything better than this. For me, the eph-100 has the perfect sound. I like this even more than my full-sized hd558. This is definitely one of my best buy of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back