Yamaha EPH-100
Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #3,091 of 4,690
Quote:

probably. i called to the store and talk to them. they ordered today next ephs to be able to exchange mine. i need to provide them to the store and they will check if its defective. i hope they are fine guys and will not try to trick me in something like 'its fine, maybe its your ear problem'.

Hope you wont have an issues exchanging them. :)

Don't give up on the Yams...

Quote:
Bought mine at Audio Affair. Took about 2 weeks to get here, sealed NIB and no problems so far. 

Same here, bought from Audio Affair... 3 months down the line no issues at all.

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #3,092 of 4,690
never had a moisture issue aswell

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #3,093 of 4,690
Anyone here who own EPH-100 as well as Sennheiser HD650?

If yes so can you please tell me that going for sennheiser HD650 would be an substantial upgrade also if you could compare the sound signature of both?

TIA
-Abhi

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #3,094 of 4,690
Quote:
Anyone here who own EPH-100 as well as Sennheiser HD650?

If yes so can you please tell me that going for sennheiser HD650 would be an substantial upgrade also if you could compare the sound signature of both?

TIA
-Abhi

I've had both but I sold the HD650 a while ago and got the EPH-100 after. Let me tell you, there is a significance upgrade considering its IEM vs fullsized headphone. Also, I don't usually go into all the details of "the lows are lows and highs are highs." For a common user and not critical, the obvious night and day difference is soundstage, and basically...well I'll let others explain those since I'm not very detailed about analyzing. 

If you're asking why I sold it, I realized that I am more on the go and I tend to use in-ear monitors much much more than a "at home" rig. Best of luck!

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #3,095 of 4,690
Ugh, Yamaha doesn't give replacement tips. If anyone is willing to spare 1 small size tips and the tip one step bigger than that, that would be greatly appreciated! My left size is so big that it just keeps falling out!

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #3,097 of 4,690
I'd love to buy the eph-100, but a lot of sites say they are discontinued. Is this correct? I don't want to buy them, and then find that Yamaha bring out a new improved model.

They're a decent IEM, I found them rather musical, with a tendency to get your feet tapping to the beat without even realizing, literally. They also have some of the nicest vocals and separation I have heard, very fun sound, with some class.

You can still buy them here if that's what your question was. Be interesting to see an EPH-200, because beside the moisture problem that struck a few down Yamaha did a good job. They isolate particularly well too.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #3,098 of 4,690
Yes, I have seen them there. It's just the fact that some sites say they are discontinued, and I don't want to buy them and find that the next the new model is announced.

I have been hunting for an 'everyday' set of IEMs to go with my Unique Melody Miracles at around the £100-£150 mark. I have been looking at

Musical Fidelity EB50
Westone 2
Jays Q-Jays
Ultimate Ears 700
ACS T15
Phonak PFE 112
Thinksound MS01
Klipsch Image X10

but the Yamahas seem to get  the best overall reviews.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #3,101 of 4,690
- removed part -

If it's discontinued, then let's hope there would be a new model.
Otherwise it might be just a stock problem .

Newegg says when an item is discontinued :
"This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked.".

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #3,102 of 4,690
Here's what I'd do:

http://www.amazon.com/EarSonics-SM2-In-Ear-Headphones-Clear/dp/B009IPFE0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359847330&sr=8-1&keywords=earsonics+sm2

GR07 might be worth a look too. EPH100 is a solid choice though. X10 is very nice but will likely seem overly warm and bassy coming from a more balanced high-end product.

Quote:
Yes, I have seen them there. It's just the fact that some sites say they are discontinued, and I don't want to buy them and find that the next the new model is announced.

I have been hunting for an 'everyday' set of IEMs to go with my Unique Melody Miracles at around the £100-£150 mark. I have been looking at

Musical Fidelity EB50
Westone 2
Jays Q-Jays
Ultimate Ears 700
ACS T15
Phonak PFE 112
Thinksound MS01
Klipsch Image X10

but the Yamahas seem to get  the best overall reviews.

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #3,103 of 4,690
Quote:
Ugh, Yamaha doesn't give replacement tips. If anyone is willing to spare 1 small size tips and the tip one step bigger than that, that would be greatly appreciated! My left size is so big that it just keeps falling out!

There are foam tips that you can get to fit the EPH-100s, maybe they will be more suitable for you. 
wink.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/earbud-replacement-tips-tip-In-ear-earphone-memory-foam-SMALL-MEDIUM-LARGE-/160837891193?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

If anyone is still having trouble finding where to buy the Yams, this is the best place by far:

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924

---

Trance music sounds amazing on the Yams... just check out my SoundCloud page 
biggrin.gif

http://soundcloud.com/liftedandreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back