Yamaha EPH-100
Oct 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #2,913 of 4,690
Quote:
Tiny little people that sing through the grill.

What a bummer! I thought it were tiny elves! Not so magical now... 
mad.gif

Come on, don't you guys have even a tiny bit of curiosity to see an opened EPH-100? 
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2,917 of 4,690
I got my replacement about a week ago that I waited on for about 3 weeks. Sad to say, they went back. The right ear had driver flex and I just didn't want to waste more time waiting on them. I'll get some more later but honestly, the tips were the best tips that I've used to date. The IEM did have a unique sound though but, I'm ok with my aurvana in-ear 2 with these tips. They fit great and sound great too imo.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #2,921 of 4,690
Got these today, sounds much better than the SE215s that I just returned. To be fair, part of that is due to how much I dislike over-the-ear (which I discovered with the SE215s). I also had Monster Turbines about a year ago (which broke), and these seem better (but that's only going on memory). Comfort is exceptional. Will report on any failures.

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #2,922 of 4,690
Quote:
Got these today, sounds much better than the SE215s that I just returned. To be fair, part of that is due to how much I dislike over-the-ear (which I discovered with the SE215s). I also had Monster Turbines about a year ago (which broke), and these seem better (but that's only going on memory). Comfort is exceptional. Will report on any failures.

I find the microphonics horrendous when worn cable-down, though..

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #2,923 of 4,690
Do you guys know any Over-Ear IEM's that have a similar sound signature to the EPH-100's?

I'd love to combine the Over-Ear Design of my Shure SE315 with the Sound Quality of my EPH-100's.

And I find it impossible to wear the EPH-100's Over-Ear...

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #2,924 of 4,690
Do you guys know any Over-Ear IEM's that have a similar sound signature to the EPH-100's?

I'd love to combine the Over-Ear Design of my Shure SE315 with the Sound Quality of my EPH-100's.

And I find it impossible to wear the EPH-100's Over-Ear...

People will probably disagree however, I find Triple-fi 10 somewhat similar though with more energy, treble extension but a slightly recessed mid range in comparison. Overall as far as 'fun' and involving goes they both impress with a weighty low end. The TF10 have a few advantages imo Take it as salt though.....

Oct 12, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2,925 of 4,690
Loving this IEM so much - I have to wake up in less than 4 hours but am still listening to music. I feel like I'm "rediscovering" each track. So much more detail at all frequencies, and the instrument separation and sense of immersion is phenomenal. I remember appreciating an improvement in sound quality with my Monster Turbines, but nothing nearly as much as this. To my ears, these are head and shoulders above the SE215 and what I remember of the Turbines. Maybe I didn't spend enough time carefully listening to enough tracks, but the SE215 certainly never "WOW"ed me like these have.

The fact that the clean, sharp design is so much better than that of any other IEM I've seen (and I went through the whole Multi IEM Review by joker) is just icing on the cake (this is very much personal taste of course - more so than sound signature preference at least!).

I was thinking of making my next mid/hi-fi purchase the VSonic GR07, Fischer DBA-02/Brainwavz B2 or the UE TF 10 since many reviews and opinions place them and the EPH 100 in a similar region RE sound quality - but they all seem to be over-the-ear only. Over-the-ear just isn't my cup of tea, for a variety of reasons. Insertion and removal are more annoying, there's more cord touching skin, etc. Been eyeing the JVC FX700 since they're pretty well-regarded and straight-down, but $350 for a possibly-not-that-significant increase in sound quality... maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back