Yamaha EPH-100
Oct 13, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #2,927 of 4,690
Quote:
(bs + eph100)

ph34r.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,931 of 4,690
Quote:
Don't suppose any European members of the boards could point me in a direction to pick these up? 

eBay, Amazon don't seem to stock them.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/recording-studio/detail.asp?stock=12041010342312

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5924

You need to decide which is cheaper with shipping cost for you. I got mine earlir this year from Audio Affair but they were cheaper back then (79.99) and I also got them with a 10% off promo...

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #2,933 of 4,690
Oct 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #2,936 of 4,690
Quote:

I was thinking of making my next mid/hi-fi purchase the VSonic GR07, Fischer DBA-02/Brainwavz B2 or the UE TF 10 since many reviews and opinions place them and the EPH 100 in a similar region RE sound quality - but they all seem to be over-the-ear only. Over-the-ear just isn't my cup of tea, for a variety of reasons. Insertion and removal are more annoying, there's more cord touching skin, etc. Been eyeing the JVC FX700 since they're pretty well-regarded and straight-down, but $350 for a possibly-not-that-significant increase in sound quality... maybe not.

Sounds to me like the Jvc Fxd 80 is just what you're looking for, more open and airy than the eph with more detail.

Bit less bass punch but personally i love them, they just need a good hard burning in.

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #2,937 of 4,690
god I just love these things. been trying out different IEMs and even full-sized phones the last few months.. I always come back to the yams. they give me such a great feeling. everything comes together perfectly... I NEVER WANT THESE TO BREAK.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #2,939 of 4,690
I was looking for an IEM and decided to go with the Eph-100 after reading through this thread. I just received them yesterday and I have to say that they are overall excellent. I have been using full size headphones for a while but comfort has been an issue for me. These Yamahas give me excellent sound quality without the comfort issues I had with the full size headphones.  The S-Small tip has been perfect for me so far, amazing isolation! I l listen to mostly EDM and Vocal Jazz and as far as SQ is concerned, these Yamahas do deliver. The bass on these bad boys is magical. They hit hard without sounding boomy which is a feat for such a small driver. Vocals are enchanting, they feel really life like, like the singer is right there in front of me singing to me. Listen to Melody Gardot - Our Love Is Easy and you will understand what I mean.  I haven't listened to other decent IEMs other then these, but in my opinion $150 is a steal for these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back