Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #781 of 4,690

Woww. Brass with nickle plating i'm guessing as spec'd in some places.

Bring it on Yamaha & you can have my $200 tomorrow.

EKE2K6 - so have you decided what to do as i believe you have not been able to over come the vacuum issue ?

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #783 of 4,690

Haha, I got my HJE-900's from them too for around the same price. Just called in and asked if they would give me the sale price from a week before and they did. The Panasonics are virtually indestructible. Cubic Zirconia. I remember a member here saying he ran over them with his car and didn't even see a scratch on them and I believe it. But they originally retailed for almost 3 times that price so it's not so cut and dry.
Quote:

I was speaking of the HJE900s, which were purchased for $75 over a year ago. For the EPH100 I paid $150 from amazon. Sorry for the confusion. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #784 of 4,690
Archy I'm waiting on some sony hybrids. If that doesn't fix it then I quit

Would be interesting if you be able to exchange for 1-2 days with other EPH user near you, to see if yours have some kind of issue in ventilation.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #786 of 4,690
ok... i see. Thx.

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #787 of 4,690
Have someone compare EPH with Turbine Pro Copper?

A guy are saying EPH beats TPC , can be true?

Yamaha EPH-100's just got a pair for £80, best headphones i've had, and i've had alot, they easily outdo my turbine copper pro's and they cost £300 when i bought them.

Dont sleep on these yamahas, absolutely brilliant, and well smart too.

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t=731501&page=3

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #788 of 4,690
Yes, I can confirm that, I had the Coppers (as well as the Miles Davis). They're not as good as the EPH's on my opinion. They're no better than the IE8's. But I prefer the Miles Davis to the Coppers hands down. The sound signature is more or less like the EPH's. Coppers have a VERY small soundstage, way too intimate and are less bright.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #789 of 4,690
The Coppers actually have a fairly large soundstage as far as left-to-right width is concerned. Much larger than the Miles Davis(I have both). Comparable to the width of the EX1000 and TF10.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #790 of 4,690
They give the IE8's a run but Im still a bigger fan if the IE8's

Quote:
Have someone compare EPH with Turbine Pro Copper?

A guy are saying EPH beats TPC , can be true?

Yamaha EPH-100's just got a pair for £80, best headphones i've had, and i've had alot, they easily outdo my turbine copper pro's and they cost £300 when i bought them.

Dont sleep on these yamahas, absolutely brilliant, and well smart too.

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t=731501&page=3

Ew, some dude on that board thinks the Klipsch Image S4's are some of the best sounding IEMs around. As an S4 owner for less than 24 hours before liberating myself of em I cannot agree with that statement.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #791 of 4,690
Got these babies today. Ok...first impressions. The darn package was a pain to open....didnt seem user friendly from a design perspective at all. Had to use scissors to cut it open. Either bad packaging design or I've been dense which is not a surprise after a long day at work. Secondly, These babies look pretty...on the flipside though the cable seems quite cheap like everyone's opinion here and is tangle prone. I have a FXT90 which is a lot more supple and of a better quality cable wise.

Now coming to the sound...
Now, I'm not an audiophile and new to all of this but I love my sound(classic rock, lots of grunge, progressive rock, metal) basically the old school. But I have to say..I love what I hear. Barely two hrs into it yet. I am not going to burn these in. I am going to listen to these every single minute and experience the transition rather than missing the journey from 'ok' to 'wow' just like I did with my fxt90s. One thing I can tell you straight of....that I can already experience the tight bass, crispness of sound and seperation - often mentioned traits of these phones.

I have only two other phones....senn cx300 and fxt90. And I am pretty big on fxt90...the sound of those phones just awe me from the timber with extended treble and layers galore...That being said, everything is so agressive and large and on your face that its quite an intense experience and fatiguing at times depending on how tired/stressed you already are at the end of a day. And I can almost sense that EPH-100 is going to complement my fxt90 sound by providing me a more frequent a little laid back listening, fun, chilled experience with a sound that's relatively toned down but still has a nice tone and punch in it's bass.

Ok...I set out to get 2-3 IEMs(all around this range of FXT90, GR07, EPH-100 which is <100£) that could compliment each other and provide that versatility in my small IEM portfolio. With 2 down, GR07 would be the last one on the list. But I'm hoping that the combo of JVC and Yam's...sums it up for me atleast for some time and I dont have to bother with the V-sonics! Oh lord...please please make this happen or else...duh wife is gonna rumble agin over ma new acquistion!

Ok, more impressions...as I progress on my voyage!

ps: I gotta stop reading about which IEM and read more on the jargon you guys use to describe what you hear. I feel so out of sorts.

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #792 of 4,690
Thx for you brief opinion, did you feel they isolate sound so good at point not hear anything else on the street as is referred here?

My never arrive.:frowning2:

Quote:
It’s the pedestrian’s right in the digital age to walk down the street absolutely aloof, moved by a personal soundtrack. If only it weren’t for those pesky street noises, you could be transported by the music entirely. Yamaha’s EPH-100 earphones are specially designed to fit more snugly in your ear using a super compact driver and dual flange technology. That means the only thing you’ll be hearing aside from your music will be the voices in your head.

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #793 of 4,690
Thanks for sharing your very initial thoughts.

Look forward to more from you, so keep them plugged in 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #794 of 4,690
Isolation is incredibel! I am in the living room listening to 'Speak to me' from Dark Side of the Moon of Pink Floyd and the experience is mind blowing. I wouldnt know if my house was getting robbed right now, isolation's that good. And I'll tell you what....I dont think in the dynamic IEM game, it gets better than this. Between ftx90, gr07 and these, I am sure YAmaha would be the best on isolation. fxt90 is not bad either but has more of a shallow fit and its really the large tips which help you achieve a good seal that gives you some isolation. For eg, back from work... I can still hear the sound of engine in the bus if I use medium tips...its only the stck large tips that help me create the perfect seal with the JVCs. I am going to test out the isolation of these outdoors tomorrow. I am happy with the comfort and fit and dont feel the need fo looking around for any other tips.

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #795 of 4,690
Just a follow up on my experience so far. At this point I prefer the package of the yamahas over my GR07. For me the fit is better and the isolation is much better (was always trying to get my GR07 to stay in). While neither of these buds are better than each other imo, the yamaha is great as a walk around and it's more punchy on the low end. Overall i've decided that these two iems are completely different and I don't think it's worth trying to rate one over the other. The Yamaha is maybe a little less analytical but that's really down to preference and whether that's what you want.

I'm not having any problems with the build I think they're a great package overall (the package itself was definitely not user friendly to open!). At this price point you're not getting junk so it just comes down to if you like the sound signature. I think it's a bit silly trying to compare it with 300 dollar IEMs as well as 50 dollar IEMs. If someone loves the sound maybe it's worth 300 dollars to them but if the sound isn't for you it's probably not even worth 20 bucks.

All in all, i found it a bit hard to adjust from the GR07, but they're a good albeit different pair of IEMs altogether. I bought my pair for $100 australian and for this price point I couldn't be happier. Even at 150-175 I would still be happy. These definitely don't sound cheap to my ears as someone had previously stated, but then again I have no experience with triple B.A iems. 

There we have it, in my books these are a great contender in their price range and the isolation makes listening to music while travelling a lot more enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back