Yamaha EPH-100
Apr 24, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #4,502 of 4,690
Apr 25, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #4,504 of 4,690
I take my chance on Ebay for a refurbished one that is legit, I bought it because the box was with it...look like you can have clue with the box appearance, the plastic have recycle sign on the real one and none on the false.
Also, by what I see on Amazon, from the pics, it look fake (what the heck is that in amazon.fr!), perhaps you can ask the seller to send you pictures of the box and all...You NEED to see the real product and not a publicity pictures.
Sometime i'm less paranoid to buy use than new.

Good luck!

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #4,505 of 4,690

I would have bought them if they were not scamming on shipping. 87 GBP to ship to Australia? (That's over 100USD to ship an item that weighs less than 200g).

I spotted your comment on this and have been looking into this today as shipping should certainly not be that high for this item! Our basket is directly linked to couriers to give shipping cost dependant on weight, so its based upon the address details you enter - could you email me your address and I can check why its giving such a high quote to Australia... my email is alex (at) audioaffair (dot) co (dot) uk. We do have stock though and can ship to you VAT free (shipping should be around £12-15 insured but I will check and confirm tomorrow when I've received your email).

May 14, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #4,507 of 4,690
  Couldn't get Audio Affair to agree to lower shipping to a realistic amount.  Decided to try out another option.

Let's check

Yamaha EPH100 Earphones_____________€97.93
 + Shipping to Germany (UPS Standard)____€86.37

Grand Total___________________________€184.30

Holly Molly!  
blink.gif

No way!  

May 19, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #4,509 of 4,690
Guys - sorry for the error (and it was an error) with shipping charges. We ship small items like this on Royal Mail international signed for (trackable) but it seems only a couple of days before your message the Royal Mail rates had disappeared from the website. Our developers have now resolved this, so these rates are now available again in our basket. So, for example, shipping on these to Australia, or Canada using this Royal Mail service is £14.72 - and the rate is very similar for other countries worldwide. You can order at http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/yamaha-eph100-earphones

We have EPH100 in stock but as per other posts you really do need to watch out for fakes. We've had many, many people order from us that they had their fingers burned on other websites ordering at prices that appear "too good to be true" and received fakes, so make sure to order the real thing. We only sell the real thing, directly from Yamaha and we are the sole UK retailer for EPH100.

May 27, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #4,511 of 4,690
  Guys - sorry for the error (and it was an error) with shipping charges. We ship small items like this on Royal Mail international signed for (trackable) but it seems only a couple of days before your message the Royal Mail rates had disappeared from the website. Our developers have now resolved this, so these rates are now available again in our basket. So, for example, shipping on these to Australia, or Canada using this Royal Mail service is £14.72 - and the rate is very similar for other countries worldwide. You can order at http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/yamaha-eph100-earphones

We have EPH100 in stock but as per other posts you really do need to watch out for fakes. We've had many, many people order from us that they had their fingers burned on other websites ordering at prices that appear "too good to be true" and received fakes, so make sure to order the real thing. We only sell the real thing, directly from Yamaha and we are the sole UK retailer for EPH100.

Took way too long for that to be sorted out.  I haven't checked again but when I was emailed by your own staff the shipping quote I was given was substantially higher than 14.72. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #4,513 of 4,690
I love my EPH-100, but I've been having a bit of difficulty getting a perfect seal with the stock tips. From what I've read in this thread, it seemed that Comply tips did not fit our IEMs well, but it appears there's a new model out that is listed to fit:

http://www.complyfoam.com/eph-100/

Has anyone tried the Comply T-600 on their Yamahas?

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #4,514 of 4,690
  I love my EPH-100, but I've been having a bit of difficulty getting a perfect seal with the stock tips. From what I've read in this thread, it seemed that Comply tips did not fit our IEMs well, but it appears there's a new model out that is listed to fit:

http://www.complyfoam.com/eph-100/

Has anyone tried the Comply T-600 on their Yamahas?

Please specify what your issue is with the stock tips.
Too small ? Don't shape to your ear canals properly ?

This would help advising for new tips.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #4,515 of 4,690

Please specify what your issue is with the stock tips.
Too small ? Don't shape to your ear canals properly ?

This would help advising for new tips.

Thanks for the response. I've been having issues getting a good seal in my left ear. I suppose it relates to the shape of my ear canal. I tried the different tip sizes and the medium seems the best. I get a good seal in my right ear. My left tends to slowly move out while I'm listening and end up either falling out or being loose. I've been having better luck if I pull up on the top of my ear with my opposite hand when inserting the tip into my ear. Perhaps if I just continue doing that, I'll get a better fit with the stock tips. Anyone have any pointers for how to get the best seal?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back