Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 21, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #4,471 of 4,690
How is Tenore comparing with YAM EPH 100? Is it very similar SQ? I am planning to get either of them. I am very gentle on my gear so durability is not main concern. My main interest is sound quality and comfortability. It would be very helpful if you can share your thoughts/impression. Thank you. :)

Yes, SQ wise they are very similar, it's how they present that detail that differs. Yams are more dynamic and aggressive presentation, more forward, great for EDM or rock/metal (it's how I like my rock and metal). Tenore is comparatively more relaxed in its presentation, further away from you and less impact. Depending on your music tastes will define which one I would suggest, if you are into more relaxed forms of music like Jazz and Classical I think the Tenore would be best, for EDM I would go Yam, and for Rock/Metal it's kind of a toss up with how you like it :)

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #4,472 of 4,690
Yes, SQ wise they are very similar, it's how they present that detail that differs. Yams are more dynamic and aggressive presentation, more forward, great for EDM or rock/metal (it's how I like my rock and metal). Tenore is comparatively more relaxed in its presentation, further away from you and less impact. Depending on your music tastes will define which one I would suggest, if you are into more relaxed forms of music like Jazz and Classical I think the Tenore would be best, for EDM I would go Yam, and for Rock/Metal it's kind of a toss up with how you like it :)

+1

Totally agree with this. I've had both the Tenores and Yams. In the end I ended up preferring the Yams most of the time because of my music choice (Trance, DnB etc).

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #4,473 of 4,690
+1

Totally agree with this. I've had both the Tenores and Yams. In the end I ended up preferring the Yams most of the time because of my music choice (Trance, DnB etc).

And you prefer the Icons to both?

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #4,475 of 4,690
I just ordered genuine YAM EPH-100 and wait for its arrival. Does anyone compared between YAM EPH 100 and Dunu Titan 1? I guess that both are somewhat V shaped and focus on Mid. Is it correct? Love to hear anyone who tried both IEMs. Thank you. :)  

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #4,477 of 4,690
Yams have bloated kinda bass and has an overall dark veil and metallic highs which i did not enjoy for metal. I just noticed it after the dn1000 which sounded more natural.

The part about metallic highs sure doesn't sound appealing to me.  Could you give some more examples of phones where you didn't experience it? 

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #4,478 of 4,690
I just ordered genuine YAM EPH-100 and wait for its arrival. Does anyone compared between YAM EPH 100 and Dunu Titan 1? I guess that both are somewhat V shaped and focus on Mid. Is it correct? Love to hear anyone who tried both IEMs. Thank you. :)  

V-shaped and mid focused are the complete opposite. I wouldn't describe the Yams as V-shaped at all, Titan 1 on the other hand is definitely V-shaped. I traded my original Tenore for a pair and instantly regretted it. They have good bass and great soundstage but the mids are so far back....worse still is the treble. I know a lot of people like these but I found then overly bright and hugely unrealistic in the upper regions. Cymbals sound like a monkey hitting a metal trash can lid with a spanner!

Yams have bloated kinda bass and has an overall dark veil and metallic highs which i did not enjoy for metal. I just noticed it after the dn1000 which sounded more natural.

Were your pair definitely genuine? I can understand the bass as some will find it too much, but metallic treble doesn't describe the Yams for me at all.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #4,479 of 4,690
@NuckinFutz Thank you very much for feedback. Greatly appreciated.
bigsmile_face.gif
   I have Dunu Titan 1 and I personally love it. It is quite opposite to the other IEM that I have, Sony XBA H1 which is fantastic for long listening sessions. Dark, but still has punchy bass and unveiled. I personally like listening EDM, Dark Indie and heavy metal with H1 and vocal & Jazz with Dunu Titan 1. Can't wait to try YAM EPH 100. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #4,480 of 4,690
@NuckinFutz
 Thank you very much for feedback. Greatly appreciated.:bigsmile_face:    I have Dunu Titan 1 and I personally love it. It is quite opposite to the other IEM that I have, Sony XBA H1 which is fantastic for long listening sessions. Dark, but still has punchy bass and unveiled. I personally like listening EDM, Dark Indie and heavy metal with H1 and vocal & Jazz with Dunu Titan 1. Can't wait to try YAM EPH 100. :)

You're welcome :beerchug:

I've not heard the H1 but I would imagine the Yams are nearer to them than the Titans signature wise

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #4,481 of 4,690

@NuckinFutz
 Thank you very much for feedback. Greatly appreciated.
bigsmile_face.gif
   I have Dunu Titan 1 and I personally love it. It is quite opposite to the other IEM that I have, Sony XBA H1 which is fantastic for long listening sessions. Dark, but still has punchy bass and unveiled. I personally like listening EDM, Dark Indie and heavy metal with H1 and vocal & Jazz with Dunu Titan 1. Can't wait to try YAM EPH 100. 
smily_headphones1.gif

You're welcome
beerchug.gif

I've not heard the H1 but I would imagine the Yams are nearer to them than the Titans signature wise

beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #4,482 of 4,690
Mar 6, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #4,484 of 4,690
I have these. I like them but I cannot for the life of me keep any of the tips in the same place in my ears so I'm constantly fiddling with them to get the volume equal between my ears or to prevent hearing ambient noise when they don't seal anymore... even with the largest double flange tips this has proven impossible so I gave up on them as there's no foam tips available that I found.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #4,485 of 4,690
Hi I am looking a good tips or foams for my Yamaha EPH100 someone can help to me with any link. thanks in advance

I have these. I like them but I cannot for the life of me keep any of the tips in the same place in my ears so I'm constantly fiddling with them to get the volume equal between my ears or to prevent hearing ambient noise when they don't seal anymore... even with the largest double flange tips this has proven impossible so I gave up on them as there's no foam tips available that I found.

Wow you're ear canals must be a a weird shape, for me the ML tips fit and seal perfectly.

Search this thread mate, I'm sure there was someone who got some complys to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back