Yamaha EPH-100
Nov 25, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #4,411 of 4,690
Yep agreed, same advise has been posted many times on here

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #4,412 of 4,690
Has anyone bought from this seller?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genuine-Yamaha-EPH100-EPH-100-Stereo-Professional-Earphone-Headphone-Silver-/151895052685?hash=item235da6918d:g:I-wAAOSwEetV8qNf

I definitely don't want a fake, but sometimes you find good deals on open boxes.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #4,414 of 4,690
Just ask yourself one question; do you like gambling? If so, go nuts. If not, stay clear.

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #4,415 of 4,690
Why did I even bother asking?
Should have had my coffee first 
etysmile.gif

Anyways, $80 sold by amazon still seems like a good price considering the praise this IEM has gotten.

I'm cross-shopping this with the Fidelio S2 (which is on clearence and comes with foam tips). I've had the SE215 for too long and am looking for something different.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #4,416 of 4,690
  Has anyone bought from this seller?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genuine-Yamaha-EPH100-EPH-100-Stereo-Professional-Earphone-Headphone-Silver-/151895052685?hash=item235da6918d:g:I-wAAOSwEetV8qNf

I definitely don't want a fake, but sometimes you find good deals on open boxes.

My pair just arrived. Yes, they are fake. Much lower quality than the originals I bought from Amazon years ago. The cable is thinner and is made of softer rubber, as are the tips. Since the softness of the fake tips renders them pretty much useless for me due to my large ear canals, I tried listening to them with the original ones thrown on. They dont sound THAT bad with the real tips actually - the bass is there, although not as tight, the mids and highs sound a bit distorted. Lets just put it this way, they don't even sound nearly as good as the Sony Mh1c's I got for $20 (if it wasn't for the Mh1c's ****ty cable I would've never wasted my money on this crap). Save your money or get the real thing.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #4,418 of 4,690
Damn. I got a pair off of Jet.com and have no way of knowing if they are real or fake. The cable is pretty flimsy, but the tips aren't that soft.

EDIT: Mine also came with a spare bag of tips.

You can tell easily from the packaging, check against the Russian link shared in the last few pages.

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #4,420 of 4,690
My packaging was legit. My number of grooves is correct. The adapter is the same.

However, the extension chord was folded in the way the fake was and the plug  did not have a portruding base.

I'm guessing their are variations in manufacturing? Did anyone else's earphones come with extra tips (I believe I have 9 total)?

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #4,421 of 4,690
  My pair just arrived. Yes, they are fake. Much lower quality than the originals I bought from Amazon years ago. The cable is thinner and is made of softer rubber, as are the tips. Since the softness of the fake tips renders them pretty much useless for me due to my large ear canals, I tried listening to them with the original ones thrown on. They dont sound THAT bad with the real tips actually - the bass is there, although not as tight, the mids and highs sound a bit distorted. Lets just put it this way, they don't even sound nearly as good as the Sony Mh1c's I got for $20 (if it wasn't for the Mh1c's ****ty cable I would've never wasted my money on this crap). Save your money or get the real thing.

Where'd you get these? I was burned in 2013 by an eBay seller - the soft tips were the giveaway- and want to be sure the ones I get from Jet.com are legit. 

I would only buy from an authorized Yamaha seller.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #4,422 of 4,690
  Where'd you get these? I was burned in 2013 by an eBay seller - the soft tips were the giveaway- and want to be sure the ones I get from Jet.com are legit. 

I would only buy from an authorized Yamaha seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genuine-Yamaha-EPH100-EPH-100-Stereo-Professional-Earphone-Headphone-Silver-/151895052685?hash=item235da6918d:g:I-wAAOSwEetV8qNf&rmvSB=true. Oddly enough, they've mostly gotten positive feedback from people who bought from them. Only one person mentions that the item (eph100) must be fake because it didnt come with more ear tips, lol. I've never left negative feedback for any sellers I've dealt with over the years, and I wouldnt normally bother in this case either, if only they removed the word "Genuine" from the ad - that really pisses me off for some reason :)

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #4,423 of 4,690
Guys why don't you listen to what people say.

Buy safely from www.AudioAffair.co.uk

They are authorised and ship worldwide. I've bought 2 pairs from them,and both were perfect!

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #4,424 of 4,690
My left headphone started having a lower volume than my right headphone. I've tried cleaning the buds, cleaning the jack, and trying different sources to no avail.  I don't see any cord damage. Has anyone else had lower volume in one headphone versus the other and know of any fixes?  I've had my EPH-100 for about two years (thanks to head-fi users for recommending them) and will buy another pair if I can't fix this issue. 

Thanks,
Anders

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #4,425 of 4,690
Usually this is due to a well known problem of the EPH-100: after some moisture accumulate
in the ear, it starts covering the grill of the earbud, and at some time volume is drastically reduced
at the side where this happens. I read that this happened to quite a few people, not everyone. 
I started withnessing the day I bought the earphones, back in a train from NY to NJ, after
about half an hour of listening. After some time, it disappers, but it also returns, to those with
the more moiture ears. 

To solve this I did two things. One is to find some very narrow metal threads, which I 
pushed in a very shallow way through the grill (not to hurn anything deeper, I guess this
MAY hurt the membrane!!!)... just about 1/4mm really, poking some "holes" through
what can be moiture, or dust around which moisture can accumulate.

The other thing was to replace the rubbers. The original ones are nice. but I guess their
shape allow the moisture to accumulate on the grill, at least for my ears. My JVC FXD80,
which I like less than the Yamaha EPH-100 where the victims. Note that the rubbers have
quite a large bore, and there are very few ones that can be used instead of the original.
This is not the only ones that I used, but this was, so far, a success. As for change in
sound, I think the originals would produce some stronger bass, but for me, taming the bass
is also a good achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back