Yamaha EPH-100
Jul 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #4,006 of 4,690
Yeah the tiny size of the housings and good tips means they fit really well and block out loads of ambient noise, much better than my Audio Technica IM50s.

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #4,010 of 4,690
Yes they are very good, good service and totally genuine. I got mine off them.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #4,011 of 4,690
I'm wondering if the price will stay at 93.XX for a while. My girlfriend wants to buy these and I'm trying to get her into the audiophile world. She already loves the sound that my headphone produces. I had her do her research on the IEM thread and these are the ones she really wants, problem is that she has to wait a week or two before purchasing. I don't know if I should just go ahead and get them for her and surprise her with them or just wait for her to get them herself. Any opinions? She's really excited about elevating her sound quality and tossing aside her skull candy headphones.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #4,013 of 4,690
  I'm wondering if the price will stay at 93.XX for a while. My girlfriend wants to buy these and I'm trying to get her into the audiophile world. She already loves the sound that my headphone produces. I had her do her research on the IEM thread and these are the ones she really wants, problem is that she has to wait a week or two before purchasing. I don't know if I should just go ahead and get them for her and surprise her with them or just wait for her to get them herself. Any opinions? She's really excited about elevating her sound quality and tossing aside her skull candy headphones.

Well if she really wants them you should probably buy them for her, although that being said I don't really think the price will go up in two weeks, and if it did it wouldn't go up very much. Tell her she should go for them. Most of my friends love these IEMs.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #4,014 of 4,690
  Well if she really wants them you should probably buy them for her, although that being said I don't really think the price will go up in two weeks, and if it did it wouldn't go up very much. Tell her she should go for them. Most of my friends love these IEMs.

^+1 You heard the man! Buy it for her =D I'm pretty sure she would love it!

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #4,015 of 4,690
Hey guys,
Been on the market for some new IEMs for EDM music, mainly dnb, tech-house, psy, techno. I've made my research and I've narrowed down the list to Yamaha EPH-100 , shure se215, beyerdinamic DX 160ie and rha ma750. Maybe there are better options, sadly those are the only ones for which I could find recommendations for edm music. Would appreciate your help to choose one of these or perhaps a better option.
Thank you

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #4,016 of 4,690
I've heard both the Yams and the Shures and out of those two I'd say its personal preference. Yams have better trebles so I personally prefer them for EDM and from your genres it sounds like you would too. Shures have better mids though, they aren't bad on the Yams its just the Shures are so warm and smooth. Bass wise they're both roughly equal but the Yams maybe edge out the Shures with slightly deeper bass so you may prefer the Yams. I haven't heard the other two but between the Shures and the Yams, I prefer the Yamaha.

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #4,017 of 4,690

^+1 You heard the man! Buy it for her =D I'm pretty sure she would love it!

She wanted to buy them herself when she got paid but I just went ahead and bought them as a starter introduction into the world of good quality sound, plus the bonus brownie points never hurt. I'll just tell her to get herself an amp for her iPhone 5s to really get things rolling for her. I've been screwed before with price fluctuations so I bit and I'm looking forward to trying these out myself. Thank you guys for the encouragement lol, I know she'll love them!

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #4,018 of 4,690
My eph-100 are a great all rounder but I prefer classical or acoustic instruments on them. For amplified instruments found in jazz, rock, r and b, and even electronic music, I use my se535s -shure

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #4,019 of 4,690
Just wondering what music player and EQ app you guys use in your android device, for me im using poweramp with noozxoide pro eq app.. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back