Yamaha EPH-100
Jul 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #4,036 of 4,690

We don't know of any fakes logged in the thread besides one post suggesting their tips were fake.

But the price is rather alarming. That looks to be the correct box in 'the picture'

Unless you're absolutely hard up for cash and willing to risk it, or not going to be upset trying, those are the options you should consider.

You just never know these days, if it were Monster Turbine I'd immediately say avoid at all costs. On the other hand, I took the risk on a pair of Yamaha PRO500 for $99 sealed with a low feedback eBay member and sure enough they were genuine and cost about $350-$400 AUD in Australia, Though because of my experience means nothing.

Thanks, I already have VSD3S and the Havi B3 should arrive in two weeks, I was going to buy it just for fun 
tongue_smile.gif

Will wait untill his next answer, maybe I'll try it.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #4,037 of 4,690
I asked the seller about the CKW1000 wich he's selling too, and the told me it's also genuine ( http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-CKW1000-CKW1000ANV-50th-Anniversary-Titanium-Dynamic-Inner-Ear-Stereo-Earbuds-Earphone-Headphone-in-retail/1614043226.html?productId=1614043226), hard to belive, won't buy them anymore.

I think he's lying, if someone try to get his EPH-100 post the impressions here...

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #4,038 of 4,690
  I asked the seller about the CKW1000 wich he's selling too, and the told me it's also genuine ( http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-CKW1000-CKW1000ANV-50th-Anniversary-Titanium-Dynamic-Inner-Ear-Stereo-Earbuds-Earphone-Headphone-in-retail/1614043226.html?productId=1614043226), hard to belive, won't buy them anymore.

I think he's lying, if someone try to get his EPH-100 post the impressions here...

Kind of looks like superlux HD381 .

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #4,039 of 4,690
I've been looking at the Yamaha EPH-100s for a while now and I came across altrunox's post about the item on ali express. I was shocked at the price and I looked for other sellers on ali express and found one that had good ratings.
This one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-new-genuine-EPH-100-Earphones-Headphones-EPH100-by-Yamaha-Professional-In-Ear-Silver-Headphone-in/1954201119.html
So I talked to the seller as to how he sells it for such a low price and that they usually retail for about $100 in the US. His answer was that the EPH100 is a "channel item" and that his factory assembles it and that's how they're cheap. He said they retail for RMB 900 in China (~$140) and emphasized that it's not a copy, uses the same material, but only assembled in his factory. I'm tempted but still not totally convinced. What do you guys think?

Oh and this is my first post :)

Jul 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #4,040 of 4,690
  I've been looking at the Yamaha EPH-100s for a while now and I came across altrunox's post about the item on ali express. I was shocked at the price and I looked for other sellers on ali express and found one that had good ratings.
This one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-new-genuine-EPH-100-Earphones-Headphones-EPH100-by-Yamaha-Professional-In-Ear-Silver-Headphone-in/1954201119.html
So I talked to the seller as to how he sells it for such a low price and that they usually retail for about $100 in the US. His answer was that the EPH100 is a "channel item" and that his factory assembles it and that's how they're cheap. He said they retail for RMB 900 in China (~$140) and emphasized that it's not a copy, uses the same material, but only assembled in his factory. I'm tempted but still not totally convinced. What do you guys think?

No, the reason is that they are fake. Aliexpress is full of counterfeit items.

Jul 20, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #4,041 of 4,690

That is too good to be true, i rather not risk it. Just buy from amazon maybe? Spending more rather than spending less and worried about whether is counterfeit or..not. Im sure spending abit more wil be better in a long run.

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #4,042 of 4,690

This isn't in any way racist, but you're best off not buying any decent audio gear from any Asian Wholesale sites. It's just too risky, as fakes are indeed everywhere. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass but saying they're assembled in his factory completely says it's fake to me. I don't think Yamaha would let other people produce their products? Anyways, your money. If you want take a risk and report back with us to tell us what you got.

Jul 20, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #4,043 of 4,690
That sounds really dodgy. Stay away from those. "Assembled in his factory." They are probably fake.

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #4,046 of 4,690
Ok i consider buying those headphones based on the reviews but i have a couple of questions and looking for suggestion from the experienced users from this site.

1.I like the signature sound Samsung headphones have like HS330.   The headphones will only be used for my smartphone(galaxy beam) so I m looking for easy to drive in ears.
2.Based on reviews i bought the famous sony mh1...and i was so dissapointed... cause
   >Not loud enough!! i hope that's not the case with the yamaha can anyone confirm how loud the yams sound compared with samsung stock?what ohm db do i need for smartphone use?
 >I mostly listen film music so and for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs , i want the braaa sound to sound thick which is not the case with the sony so....

Looking for earphone that sound much like samsung stock just less distortion and whole better overall while maintainig the sound signature whatever that is...have to be loud with smartphone no amp or anything..
  ARE THE YAMS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR?

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #4,048 of 4,690
Hi all
Got these Yamaha eph 100 here in India delivered through an online store.

While I may post impressions later, any ways in which I can determine that this pair with me is not fake? (I do not trust the online seller to be honest) The packing/appearance doesn't appear to be a copy at least. The seller says that I can only return them within 24 hours!!

And thanks for this thread which made me order them.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #4,050 of 4,690
Hi all
Got these Yamaha eph 100 here in India delivered through an online store.

While I may post impressions later, any ways in which I can determine that this pair with me is not fake? (I do not trust the online seller to be honest) The packing/appearance doesn't appear to be a copy at least. The seller says that I can only return them within 24 hours!!

And thanks for this thread which made me order them.

Where did you buy it? Will you be able to post some pictures? How much you paid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back