Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 26, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #3,976 of 4,690
I use them with bass intensive prog-avant rock like Chrome Hoof, Primus,Present, early Yes and believe me the bass is there when you need it.

I actually sprung and got the pair. They'll be here this friday thanks to Amazon Prime. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #3,977 of 4,690
Anyone kind enough to sell/donate/trade their spare Small/Medium tips as both of my sets are torn with heavy 2 years plus use.

This is still my goto iem for regular use and I'm really upset I can't buy replacement tips.

Please help out a fellow EPH100 fan :)

Still looking. :rolleyes:

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #3,982 of 4,690
Hey guys, I just got my pair and I ordered directly from Amazon, but the machine groves are quite noticeable with the naked eye if you look closely. My 5S can't take photos that close apparently but yeah. Also the tips are extremely soft/bendy. They move without much effort whatsoever. But running my nail over the YAMAHA label, it definitely feels etched. Legit or not?

Edit: I feel they're legit. One question though: why do I hear no bass?! I read that these have amazing bass and I hear literally none. I'm trying different tip sizes currently. In Partition by Beyonce there was none. In Fergivicous I hear none. Pretty sad right now.

Edit 2: I'm currently using tips from a friends pair of V-Moda's, the bass improved a decent amount, but I don't feel it as much as I would like. Currently listening to Dark Horse and it's pretty good, but it doesn't rumble much, is that normal? Going to try some more tips from my GR06's. Just kidding I'm not because the nossle on the GR06's is apparently tiny.

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #3,985 of 4,690
Definitely get an amp ...check ibasso for cheaper but reasonable quality amps....if you got more cash, look as higher end amps like Ray Samuels. These are portable options. If you want to use at home, you will have to spend more. Make sure it has a low to high gain switch....

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3,986 of 4,690
  thefragileone mine look the same as youve described. i think youre good. only way to know for sure tho is to listen to them 
etysmile.gif

Yeah, I'm sure they are. Can you do some listen tests for me? In Dark Horse do you feel a rumble or anything? What about Partition by Beyonce? I'm trying to figure out if it's because of the fit or maybe they need a burn in?

Edit: What type of bass is in "Bando" by Migos? Sub-bass? I notice that these headphones don't pick it up compared to my Z623's (but they do have a sub).

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #3,987 of 4,690
  Yeah, I'm sure they are. Can you do some listen tests for me? In Dark Horse do you feel a rumble or anything? What about Partition by Beyonce? I'm trying to figure out if it's because of the fit or maybe they need a burn in?

Edit: What type of bass is in "Bando" by Migos? Sub-bass? I notice that these headphones don't pick it up compared to my Z623's (but they do have a sub).

i just listened to dark horse and partiton and both sounded really good. the low end drops pretty low and there is a "rumble" but its how its supposed to sound. just the sub bass doing what good sub bass does.  if it sounds like a noisy rumble or distorted in any way u may need to try for a better seal, also i can tell you they do need burn in time, the bass will tighten up a bit and the top end will settle down also. hope this helps. 

- and yes there is a lot of sub bass in bando

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #3,988 of 4,690
  i just listened to dark horse and partiton and both sounded really good. the low end drops pretty low and there is a "rumble" but its how its supposed to sound. just the sub bass doing what good sub bass does.  if it sounds like a noisy rumble or distorted in any way u may need to try for a better seal, also i can tell you they do need burn in time, the bass will tighten up a bit and the top end will settle down also. hope this helps. 

- and yes there is a lot of sub bass in bando

Thanks a bunch. I think I just need to burn them in. I'm taking them on a trip with me this week so we'll see. What type of tips do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back