Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 7, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #1,876 of 4,690
I will receive hopefully my yamaha eph-100 before end of month (when someone will take plane and see me).
I bought them at 150 euros from a store I already know , because I wanted to avoid the systematical identity check ( fax these papers and so on).
Anyway , I hope I'd like them better than my senn IE7. I was frustrated by their lack of clarity, and not so convenient design.
I hesitated to get the cheaper pmx980 before, because I wanted clarity above all, and thought that the eph-100 should be enough comfy with their small size.

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #1,877 of 4,690
my audioaffair order has just shipped. woo hoo. :)

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #1,879 of 4,690
Where are these back in stock? best price i have seen was $99 but as a preorder, other places $149

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #1,880 of 4,690
Quote:
Where are these back in stock? best price i have seen was $99 but as a preorder, other places $149

Some of the lads are grabbing them from audioaffair because they don't want to wait until July. I'm not sure what codes they're using to get them down to the price they're getting, or if it was a special. Works out to be $123 Aus before any codes or shipping.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924

Edit looks like it was the first 100 orders 

Taken from twittter

([size=small] Diamond Jubilee Offer: 10% OFF - first 100 orders, use [/size][size=small]code[/size][size=small]: DIAMOND10)[/size]

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #1,881 of 4,690
Can anyone compare EPH-100 to the Atrio MG7 in Bass quantity and quality comparison as well as on mids and treble. I am yet to receive the atrio but still would like to know. Also how will you compare EPH-100 to the Eterna Rev.1 in terms of bass, mids and treble both in quantity and quality also in soundstage?

Would really appreciate the opinion.

How does it stand before MTPC?

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #1,882 of 4,690
Quote:
Can anyone compare EPH-100 to the Atrio MG7 in Bass quantity and quality comparison as well as on mids and treble. I am yet to receive the atrio but still would like to know. Also how will you compare EPH-100 to the Eterna Rev.1 in terms of bass, mids and treble both in quantity and quality also in soundstage?

Would really appreciate the opinion.

How does it stand before MTPC?

Eterna vs EPH-100: EPH-100 has better clarity in the whole frequency range. Eterna has more recessed mids. EPH-100 has a more neutral tonality, not as "V-shaped". Eterna has more bass, and definitely sound thicker. (After spending some time with the EPH-100 I find the Eterna's thickness a bit off-putting, and the bass a bit boomy.)
EPH-100 doesn't quite have the same width in terms of soundstage, but has better height and much better depth. Better instrument seperation, "airier" sound, obviously not as thick.

The Yams still have a "full", engaging sound though, with maybe a touch of warmth. Both are what I would consider bass-heavy IEM.

Haven't heard the other ones, sorry

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #1,884 of 4,690
Quote:
Eterna vs EPH-100: EPH-100 has better clarity in the whole frequency range. Eterna has more recessed mids. EPH-100 has a more neutral tonality, not as "V-shaped". Eterna has more bass, and definitely sound thicker. (After spending some time with the EPH-100 I find the Eterna's thickness a bit off-putting, and the bass a bit boomy.)
EPH-100 doesn't quite have the same width in terms of soundstage, but has better height and much better depth. Better instrument seperation, "airier" sound, obviously not as thick.

The Yams still have a "full", engaging sound though, with maybe a touch of warmth. Both are what I would consider bass-heavy IEM.

Haven't heard the other ones, sorry

Now you have tempted me to buy EPH-100
L3000.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,885 of 4,690
I just received my EPH-100's today and must say that I am very impressed with them. Build quality is excellent as is the overall SQ. They compare very favorably with some of my customs that are considerably more expensive.

I generally have difficulty in getting a good seal with IEM's (except for my customs) but the Yams. fit me better than any of my other non-customs and I can easily get an excellent seal without having to wet the tips. Comfort is superb, I would say the best of any of my non-customs. I did need to use different sized tips on each side.

I really, really like these phones!

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #1,886 of 4,690
Quote:
I just received my EPH-100's today and must say that I am very impressed with them. Build quality is excellent as is the overall SQ. They compare very favorably with some of my customs that are considerably more expensive.
I generally have difficulty in getting a good seal with IEM's (except for my customs) but the Yams. fit me better than any of my other non-customs and I can easily get an excellent seal without having to wet the tips. Comfort is superb, I would say the best of any of my non-customs. I did need to use different sized tips on each side.

Glad you love them, now plug them into your P4 and see how they shine.
cool.gif

Was a shame that so many called them fotm, when they clearly aren't.

One thing i find them great for is in the gym.

The cable is a bit rubbery, but this makes them incredibly resistant to any sweat.

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #1,887 of 4,690
Where is a good place to buy them from? have my headphone money ready to be spent and i think i have settled on buying the Yamahas over Vsonics/Shures/ a few others lol

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #1,889 of 4,690
http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924
Quote:
Where is a good place to buy them from? have my headphone money ready to be spent and i think i have settled on buying the Yamahas over Vsonics/Shures/ a few others lol

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #1,890 of 4,690
Quote:

Comparing with customs? OMG!!! Thats dangerous territory. You can make revive a old war (fotm, "don't exaggerate" - lol, opening of new appreciation threads - "recent developments", etc)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back