Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Dec 3, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #286 of 856
Great info! Thanks mate.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #287 of 856

These measured pretty well, low distortion and good bandwidth. It's bass looks a bit much and treble pretty conservative but overall great value it seems.

Now, has anyone tried coveting it's vent to reduce bass?

cool.gif
Inks, just for my own curiosity, How Many Hours approximately did those IEMs have on them when that frequency test was done?  Just for the sake of fun, let's ignore metallurgical constants, material fatique, basic electrical circuit, or mechanical engineering principals and avoid the bad feelings, opinions or arguments, by just calling it "USE"

I'm betting that graph will look significantly different if those IEMs are tested with 100 hours or so of "USE".

My ears are telling me there is a SIGNIFICANT EQ Change between OOTB, 68 Hours and 99+ Hours.

Due to the long interval between listening sessions and the fact that I have several earphones cooking at the moment, I can absolutely tell you it's not "audio memory".

More like Confusion.
blink.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #289 of 856
  It seems like a filter mod would do it wonders, much like the Piston 2.0. Is there a filter inside the nozzle?

cool.gif
No Idea D.J., I'm still burning them in....

Sorry, "USING"
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #291 of 856
  After aprox. 36 hours, they have improved a lot. Mids still are somewhat recessed, but not veiled, much better. But the most significant change has come with highs. Night and day. Simply, now they're here.

cool.gif
Thank God. I thought I was crazy.

Wait until you get around 100 on them. They are really quite good. I noticed they especially shine on 60's and 70's Rock and Roll.

They really help fill out Johnny Winter.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #292 of 856
:cool: Inks, just for my own curiosity, How Many Hours approximately did those IEMs have on them when that frequency test was done?  Just for the sake of fun, let's ignore metallurgical constants, material fatique, basic electrical circuit, or mechanical engineering principals and avoid the bad feelings, opinions or arguments, by just calling it "USE"

I'm betting that graph will look significantly different if those IEMs are tested with 100 hours or so of "USE".

My ears are telling me there is a SIGNIFICANT EQ Change between OOTB, 68 Hours and 99+ Hours.

Due to the long interval between listening sessions and the fact that I have several earphones cooking at the moment, I can absolutely tell you it's not "audio memory".

More like Confusion. :blink:

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

They won't, every controlled test done, burned in headphones don't change. It's all mental just people don't like to admit it apparently. Anyway that wasn't the point of the graph...

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #293 of 856

This may seem off topic but,  I was just wondering how you guys think the measurements of the hybrids compare to Monster Pro Gold (posted above)
Those were my favourite earphone and I have still not found a suitable replacement. They scales are different in these graphs making it for me to read

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #294 of 856
Liking the packaging and overall design of the headphones. Overall really dark out of the box but still pleasing to listen to for $20. Not gonna bank on burn-in fixing everything, and I'd prefer it to be a bit brighter, but still worth the purchase. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #295 of 856
They won't, every controlled test done, burned in headphones don't change. It's all mental just people don't like to admit it apparently. Anyway that wasn't the point of the graph...

cool.gif
Okay. Although I respectfully disagree, (based on personal experience and the fact that I worked for years with a testing company affiliated with SAE and ASTM, and understand the basic physic principles involved), actually debate wasn't the point of my question. I was just curious if they were OOTB tests. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding.

Thanx.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #297 of 856
The impressions seem to me that they are not worth upgrading from my Piston 3s, more of a side-grade than an upgrade.
Waiting for Piston 4. :)

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #298 of 856
  The impressions seem to me that they are not worth upgrading from my Piston 3s, more of a side-grade than an upgrade.
Waiting for Piston 4. :)

Better detailing than the Piston 3 along with slightly better clarity.

PS : The Piston 3 is not worth the money for 20$ (former price). HZSound HZ2M is a better buy for 20$. Sounds better, has greater clarity.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #299 of 856
I would like less bass than Piston 3, ime it is still a little on the bloated side of a flat tonal balance.
I don't see the Hybrid fixing that, or did I get that wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back