1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. donmarkon
    Hello guys ! I done a amateur review of Xiaomi Hybrid, and i was thinking to share with community. In advance sorry because im not a sound expert but i'm working on it :)

mebaali likes this.
  2. dgurza

WOW I am shocked to hear the sound signature did a complete 180. What do people think? Will it continue to change?

3. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] Very Nicely done donmarkon.  Keep it up.

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

4. donmarkon
    Thanks alot! :)

5. Ulti
    I don't believe in burn in but we'll leave that out here. I've seen many wars between burn in vs non burn in.

The stock tips are really crap though. Using the ones off eBay with a red core increases the seal and isolation but still dark sounding to my ears. 

6. ezekiel77
    Agreed. More like our ears adapting to the sound sig of the earphones.

7. DaveLT
    The stock tips of any xiaomi iems are pretty bad.
    Thankfully I have a collection of tips coming my way :blush:

8. Inks
    image.jpg

These measured pretty well, low distortion and good bandwidth. It's bass looks a bit much and treble pretty conservative but overall great value it seems.

Now, has anyone tried coveting it's vent to reduce bass?

9. retrospect

Yeah I am NOT digging these tips.. did you find any to just fit snugly?  All tips are pretty loose on me (there's a joke in there somewhere).

That being said.. what tips did y'all buy?

10. DaveLT
    Just got my hybrids. I ordered KZ's silica gel memory foam tips (4mm hole size and 5mm) and their whirlwinds.

My initial impression, sounds very very dark. If this is what people call dark then I prefer bright clear IEMs. I'll leave it to burn in overnight.

11. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] I'm not going to start any opinion wars here. ALL that I can tell you concerning these new Xiaomi is that if you don't have the proper tips, and have used them for a PERIOD of time, and have concluded they are just average or so-so....

Then you are doing yourselves a great disservice. I just had an 8 Hour listening session with my Pair that now have 99 Hours on them.

These Xiaomi are WAY better than you guys seem to be giving them credit to be. I can safely tell you that Initial impressions on these which I posted previously don't mean Squat.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't what most would call Audiophile, they have a U shaped EQ, with a shorter leg on the Treble side of the U, and yes, the low and mid bass are boosted. But they still are a very pleasant listen. The Bass is no longer bloated or boomy, it is tight and fairly fast with a Tiny bit of bleed over into the lowmids, (something quite common with earphones with EQ boosted bass frequencies). They are no longer Dark. In fact I had to change tips because they became ridiculously bright, with the stock tips. The mids in the vocal range have stepped forward from a V to a U and are now no longer hidden or masked by other frequencies. The Treble from the B/A has stepped forward and is quite nice. Not Sharp or spikey but definitely noticable.

These are becoming very nice.

JMHO

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

12. Inks

Try covering the vents

13. retrospect
    Do you have a link?  I've tried looking online for 'em but was only able to find this: http://www.banggood.com/KZ-One-Pair-In-ear-Silica-Gel-Earmuffs-Earplug-Cover-For-In-ear-Earphone-p-992917.html

14. ezekiel77
    I'd be interested to know what tips have good synergy with themas well.

15. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] At First, I rolled 5 different tips Stock, Auvios, Spinfit, Trinity Stock, and Sony Hybrids. Out of those the Stock sounded the Best, IMHO. I then started burn in and left them to cook. At about 65-68 Hours I tried them for a Quick listen. I was Floored. They had become insanely BRIGHT.

Same Material, Same Source, Same Tips. Same exact insertion and axis rotation in Ear canal. What would you conclude?

Same as I did. the EQ had changed. OKAY. My GO TO eartips are Sony Hybrids and Auvios as they tend to sound good on a Vast majority of IEMs in my personal experience. I don't use foamies as I just can't seem to get them to sound consistently the Same no matter how I roll them or insert them.

The Clear winner (no surprise really) Are the Auvios. They are Heavier silicone material, Hybrid Large Bore centers. I tried the Mediums and although they sounded great I was experiencing some seal leakage. So I tried the LARGES.

BINGO.

http://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Large-Silicon-Tips/dp/B00MY9T7AO

These Earphones are getting quite good the longer I "USE" *cough, cough* them.

[​IMG][​IMG] 

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last