1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] So let me get this straight hazard, you are complaining about a very good TWENTY DOLLAR earphone?

Do you remember what $20 used to get you?

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

2. B9Scrambler
    If people complain about the ~6 to 10 USD KZ HDS1 which easily plays with much more expensive earphones, the Xiaomi hybrid is fair game. Xiaomi aimed high with their hybrid and didn't really do anything special from the sound of things. Glad I passed on 'em. Didn't like the Piston 2 either, and since they just improved on that signature....blah.

Like @bhazard said, I'm glad they got the ball rolling. Can't wait to see what other companies can bring to the table.

3. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] I disagree. I've done it many times. In SOME cases there is NO difference but in the majority there is some, all the way to a Radical change.  Some are 20 Hours, certain Headphones 300 Hours. Metal Diaphrams take longer.

My best example are these very earphones. I have heard these 4 times. OOTB, an extended listen, and 2 times since. OOTB and 1st extended listen they sounded virtually like everyone is saying Dark, indistinct, not impressive. My 3rd listen they were Treble Rockets I had to change tips that got it under control.

I just listened to them briefly @166 Hours. They are a totally different earphone than OOTB. They are anything but Dark and indistinct. They have very good clarity, TONS of treble, Mids have moved nicely out in front so they are not obscurred by low Mids and Bass. The Bass Has tightened up considerably and is fast enough to hang with speed metal transitions. There is a tiny bit of Bleed over into the low mids with certain material. And of course the Bass is EQ'd upfront, that is apparent.

NO WAY is this Audio memory. I rotate my travel phones between 6 pairs, and at any given time I can have 2-4 pairs Burning in that I listen to at apprx. 50 Hour intervals.

I KNOW what I hear. 9times out of 10 other posters will agree with me about the changes they have heard IF they believe in Burn In.

So far these are the ONLY Earphones other than the Sennheiser IE8 That can render the Bass with correct depth to 2 Solo Jagger tunes: Dancing in the Twilight and Goddess in the Doorway.

With all due respect I suggest we simply agree to disagree.

Burn In is a Hot button topic which we try to avoid. JMHO

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

city2026 likes this.
  4. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] hazard, i think some are making premature judgements on these. I just had a listen @ 166 hours and they are pretty damn good. Especially for the big $$$ [​IMG]

If I'm not crazy I read a Burn in schedule for these according to the Manufacturer, SOMEWHERE. It's ridiculously complicated....

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

5. shockdoc
    So if burn in isn't real do we really have to cellar fine wines and spirits and/or allow them to 'breathe' before enjoying them? [​IMG]

6. HombreCangrejo
    To make things more complicated, I've heard (not so subtle) differences betweeen two Hybrid units OOTB. One (mine) really dark, treble missing all the way, mids more than recessed. The other (from a friend) nearer to what TwinACStacks describes as their sound signature after long burn-in. That's the reason why I'd prefer to talk about differences over time for certain units of certain models.

7. ItsGallen
    i'm thinking about getting these buds, should i go for those or the KZ ATE / KZ HDS1 ?

8. jvsaaaaa
    Get this one, everything is better with the hybrid compared to the ate and i highly doubt that the hds1 will perform better with this two.

9. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] Agreed on one point Krash, they aren't exactly Audiophile, but they are a pleasant listen.

If I want to go critical I slap on my AKG K701, or Senn. HD 650/600's. The AKG are more studio eq'd. Headphones are always better.... at least for me.

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

10. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] Actually Hombre, this is quite common in inexpensive Chinese earphones. I don't believe it's anything to do with hearing, OR Burn in, but rather Manufacturing differences. They use multiple suppliers, and assembly facilities.

They run the spectrum in KZ phones in particular. In fact there are even Copies / CLONES of cheap earphones.  Go Figure....

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

11. ItsGallen
    and how about when compared to the KZ ED9? how much time is legit to "burn-in" buds?

12. HombreCangrejo

KZ ED9 are really good, also having the option to change filters to obtain different responses: brass (more balanced) and gold (more bassy), being also cheaper than Hybrids. The problem with ED9 is the cable, too microphonic and coming without a slider, is just the opposite of the ones that come with others KZ models.

If decision is based solely on sound quality, I would probably tend to recommend ED9. For built quality and cable, the Hybrids, no doubt.

13. shockdoc

"Analogy doesn't work but good try."

You're right of course. I was being facetious. A much better analogy would be that to one person the wine tasted much better when it was first made and to another it was undrinkable until it had aged half a decade. Just as everyone's taste is different (some like box wine and some won't drink anything under 75 dollars a bottle) so is how everyone hears music, especially with these little devices crammed directly into our ear canals. Personally I can't imagine how anyone can judge the sound of a headphone playing electronica or dubtep (or any other electronic music) since there really is no standard for what a synthesizer is supposed to sound like. Actually, when you think about it, it's pretty amazing that even Dollar Store throw aways sound like they do and you can still easily differentiate between a piano and a guitar. All we're doing here on Head Fi is arguing the tiny minutiae of sound characteristics. [​IMG]

14. DaveLT
    I would upright recommend the HDS1. The Hybrids have disappointing detail for 20$ even still.

B9Scrambler likes this.
  15. fairx
    My hybrids got some mic malfunction and the seller kindly enough to warranty it. During the time I secretly ordering a KZ Ate. The hybrids will be surprised when he returns he's no longer the favorite child with mic and control in the family .. Perhaps might even sold to another parent for his misbehaving muahahaha.!! get that you Xiaomi. :wink:

Turkleton likes this.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last