Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Dec 5, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #304 of 856
  Received mine a couple of hours ago, thought some of you guys would like to see these.

Xiaomi%20Hybrid%20FR.jpg

Xiaomi%20Hybrid%20imp.jpg

First impression is that it is a solid IEM for the price, though can't say it has wowed me in anyway. Warm, good bass kick, but wish the upper extension could be better as it can use a bit more clarity.

Just in case anyone is wondering, this is how XiaoMi Hybrid's sibling look like in measurement: 1MORE Multi-Driver Hybrid

1more%20Hybrid%20FR.jpg

1more%20Hybrid%20imp.jpg

As you can see from above, they are very similar, but not identical sounding (1MORE version is also slightly less sensitive and lower in impedance) If you don't know what 1MORE multi-driver hybrid is - it is the original design of XiaoMi Hybrid. They had a crowdfunding event in China a few months ago to produce the 1MORE version and I believe a few hundreds early bird units was released, then somehow XiaoMi released its own version on the Nov. 11st. before 1MORE quietly releasing its retail version some days later. You can think of the 1MORE version is the more expensive but better looking of the twins (official site here: http://www.1more.com/product/show-218.html)

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #305 of 856
It's a very fun iem. Bass is thick and pretty big. Mids are a bit recessed, seems further back than what I like and treble is subpar. Doesn't extend that far but where it does extend is quite nice.

Great for pop and songs these days.

Very solidly built though. Going to be my new daily for fun.

cool.gif
Give them about 20 hours or more, then report back what you are hearing. Just curious.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #306 of 856
Just in case anyone is wondering, this is how XiaoMi Hybrid's sibling look like in measurement: 1MORE Multi-Driver Hybrid

1more%20Hybrid%20FR.jpg

1more%20Hybrid%20imp.jpg

As you can see from above, they are very similar, but not identical sounding (1MORE version is also slightly less sensitive and lower in impedance) If you don't know what 1MORE multi-driver hybrid is - it is the original design of XiaoMi Hybrid. They had a crowdfunding event in China a few months ago to produce the 1MORE version and I believe a few hundreds early bird units was released, then somehow XiaoMi released its own version on the Nov. 11st. before 1MORE quietly releasing its retail version some days later. You can think of the 1MORE version is the more expensive but better looking of the twins (official site here: http://www.1more.com/product/show-218.html)

Now graph it with the vent closed :wink:

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #307 of 856
Don't believe in the myth of burn-in

cool.gif
Yes.

Just real-world stuff.

Yet in just this thread You have 3 people, (myself included), who are claiming a distinct change in THESE Xiaomi Hybrid phones with hours used.

Rather odd.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #308 of 856
Sure man, saying it's science doesn't make it real either. I can't believe sheep still believe that voodoo.

cool.gif
OK.  Then it's simply Mass Brain-burn in.

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
TWIN

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #309 of 856
Doesn't it just make sense that moving parts changes there behaviour over time? Have you ever felt the new vs old speaker surrounds? they diffidently degrade with age. Why do headphone drives differ? Every other device I can think off with moving parts change with age. For example car engines 

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #310 of 856
  Doesn't it just make sense that moving parts changes there behaviour over time? Have you ever felt the new vs old speaker surrounds? they diffidently degrade with age. Why do headphone drives differ? Every other device I can think off with moving parts change with age. For example car engines 

All mechanical devices have a "break-in" period, and they will always get looser and looser with usage until that part fails completely. The thing is with tiny drivers is that they're in almost every case already been tested at the production line for hours to make sure that they are good to reach market. Even after that significant audible differences have never been measured. And note that the measuring equipment used are much more sensitive than the human hearing. The brain though is a wonderous thing and it changes your perception moment to moment depending on many emotional, physical and environmental states. So you do the math.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #311 of 856
I do notice a slight change in brightness, bass slight tighter after burn in. I tested it after 8 hours of burn in. And also xiaomi has burn in app for android users.

Innerfidelity has a 1 more multi unit earphone measured under Headphone Data sheet download. Wonder if they refer to the same earphone...

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #314 of 856
Innerfidelity has a 1 more multi unit earphone measured under Headphone Data sheet download. Wonder if they refer to the same earphone...

Yep, same one. The name 'multi-unit earphone' is how 1MORE is calling the IEM - but it is basically a direct (and wrong) translation of its Chinese name. I guess someone at 1MORE didn't bother to check whether Google Translation is correct or not.

Actually you can tell that my measurement is somewhat similar to that of Tyll's, though probably not nearly as accurate.

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #315 of 856
Now graph it with the vent closed
wink.gif

As you wish:

Green is stock, blue is with front vent blocked, red is back vent blocked and grey is both vents blocked. Interestingly enough, 1MORE responds much more sensitively to blocking vent where XiaoMi only cares about whether the front vent is blocked or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back