Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Nov 15, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #124 of 856
  Hi guys, can anyone confirm if buying a pair of these off GearBest is a good idea? I'm in Europe but everywhere i check i see mixed opinions about GearBest. I don't mind long shipping times, i just want to know if they are legit and not fakes?

I bought my Piston 3.0s from GearBest - original and they sound awesome, which is why I pre-ordered my hybrids from GearBest as well.

Generally, I would recommend checking out user submitted pics... I learned my lesson after I bought a fake Piston 2.0 from a local shopping website. Learn how to identify the fakes first, then check out the customer photos/unboxing videos. GearBest REWARDS its users for uploading unboxing videos... Hence why I trust them.

For me, as long as most of the photos are of the originals and the reviews are 99% positive, I'll assume that 1% is damage due to shipping/late arrival.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #125 of 856
The 1more multi-unit earphones seem to be the Xiaomi hybrids, but with a different design.  Anyways, the frequency response for these are up on Innerfidelity, and they seem to have a particularly nasty dip at 5.5k.

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #127 of 856
That's why you have to hear it to know it. These Hybrids are 1more's design and probably tweaked by Xiaomi.

I never liked the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 for the 5.5k seemingly, bump. In my ears at least.

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #128 of 856
Just wanted to order my first 3rd Pistons, already enjoyed 2nd generation.
But now I have a real choice.

I guess, I'll try with these ones.
I liked t-peos one time for their crystal clearness in comparisson to dynamics.
As far as I look for a low budget, I can't get better than Xiaomi now. So I'll give it a shot.

The only thing is, I also was looking towards Piston 3 because I thought they maybe good ones for laying in bed with them. Don't like sharp edges of 2nd ones in this way.
It's really a choice when you wanted something, its price dropped and then you see something better for a valid price.

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #129 of 856
  Seriously, these IEMs are not yet on market and you are already affraid of fakes? Do you think fake industry really works that fast?

In China, yes. Based on leaked images they can construct something identical with different internals, way before the release date. This occurs with high-demand products from noted companies like Apple and Xiaomi. Very notably with the iPhone 5 a few years back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2024878/hiPhone-5-Fake-Chinese-version-Apples-iPhone-5-sale-months-real-thing.html

Granted, Daily Mail might not be the best news source, but just to give you an idea of what the pirates are capable of. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #130 of 856
In China, yes. Based on leaked images they can construct something identical with different internals, way before the release date. This occurs with high-demand products from noted companies like Apple and Xiaomi. Very notably with the iPhone 5 a few years back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2024878/hiPhone-5-Fake-Chinese-version-Apples-iPhone-5-sale-months-real-thing.html

Granted, Daily Mail might not be the best news source, but just to give you an idea of what the pirates are capable of. 

Those phones only run android. I have yet to see a fake with iOS.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #131 of 856
  They do unfortunately for things like this. The Piston 2 was flooded with fakes in the market shortly after release.

Its the sad thing about china - I don't understand why do they have to make fakes of a product that costs like 17 USD.....

Just wanted to order my first 3rd Pistons, already enjoyed 2nd generation.
But now I have a real choice.

I guess, I'll try with these ones.
I liked t-peos one time for their crystal clearness in comparisson to dynamics.
As far as I look for a low budget, I can't get better than Xiaomi now. So I'll give it a shot.

The only thing is, I also was looking towards Piston 3 because I thought they maybe good ones for laying in bed with them. Don't like sharp edges of 2nd ones in this way.
It's really a choice when you wanted something, its price dropped and then you see something better for a valid price.

Order both! they cost like a fraction of the price of a every other brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back