1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] I do notice in the "Review" there is NO MENTION of Source, (equipment), Music File Types or quality, (IE: 320kbps, Hi Res, Flac,  Et. Al.), OR whether these impressions are OTB or with the necessary --(IMHO), Burn In period before listening and evaluating this new Earphone.

Just curious. It makes no difference, mine will come when they are released. Hopefully.

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

2. Redcarmoose

Xiaomi is the largest phone manufacture in China. Their sales surpass both Samsung and Apple at home, as a result we may never see Apple controls.

I noticed the review had been out for a couple days before anyone on Head-Fi found it. We are getting slow!

3. ezekiel77
    Review looks legit. But why is there a 1more label in their packaging? The earphone in their website also looks similar to the Xiaomi hybrid.

4. eaglearrow
    I guess 1more has always been the oem of Pistons (correct me if i'm wrong). Even the Piston 2's had the 1more branding on the box.

5. ezekiel77

Ah I get it now, thanks. Sorry haven't bought any Pistons before.

6. thatBeatsguy
    To clarify, 1More designed all of the Pistons' iterations and this new Hybrid. However, Xiaomi handles the manufacturing themselves.

ezekiel77 likes this.
  7. U-3C
    Awww...Just ordered my Pistons 3, waiting for them to reach my mailbox.  o(;_:wink:o

Looking forward to these new IEMs. So far, they look sweet!

8. Weithulu
    One of the benefits of living in China is that I managed to get these this morning (*slightly* makes up for breathing all that pollution)

Updated my post with initial impressions. 

asdfvtn likes this.
  9. Ulti
    Shame the mids are average but I personally find a mild V shape really "fun" anyway. I wonder how it compares to one of my favourite sub $100 IEMs, the KC06A. 

10. Deviltooth
    I'll be curious how it compares to the third generation Piston which is on it's way to me now.  It's fascinating how much more you get for your headphone bucks these days, in only a few years the rabid competition has forced countless companies to up their games.

11. thatBeatsguy
    Already?! [​IMG] But it's still only the 10th.  

12. RedJohn456

hmm was hoping they would be performing at a higher level, guess I set my expectations too high 

13. thatBeatsguy
    From the impressions on the Neowin review and Weithulu's I think we've reached a pretty definite overall impression of the Hybrid -- Better than the 2.0, worse than the 3.0. I guess the 3.0 set the bar too high for them. 

14. leobigfield
    Don't think that review at Neowin told much about the sound. The only thing that he comments is that it's a mild V-Shape signature but he don't even comment on qualities like extension, separation, detail, etc. 

15. thatBeatsguy
    Well, you really can't expect much from a non-audiophile reviewer, can you? I'm pretty sure his lack of what to say stems from the fact that, as a non-audiophile, he doesn't know what to say in the first place.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last