xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Feb 6, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #376 of 2,087
Instruction For Firmware update:

1. extract the zip file;

2. open the X2 update tool,(download from our website:http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnDownload.asp)

3. Load the firmware.

3, Connect your computer to the USB port of unit, using the micro-USB cable.

4, click ¡°burn in¡± key of update tool;

5, finished

They emailed me the firmware but here is the update tool if you PM me I will email it over but you need to download the tool from the above link

its great I can press up and down now to navigate not left and right :)

Hi,    NDBurley
here is the new firmware of X2 with the instruction text.
any question, pls let me know.

[COLOR=500050]Best Regards,[/COLOR]

chen

[COLOR=000000]ADD:Room [/COLOR][COLOR=000000]F1510,MingYueHuaDu Building, GongHe Industrial Road, XiXiang Town, Bao'an District,ShenZhen,China[/COLOR]
Tel:+86/075529799189
Mobile:+86/13530066922
QQ:1677047853
Email:service@xduoo.com

I cant see the .fw file to load the new firmware. Nothing on the folder "firmware" when i extracted.

I tried it 3 times already. Pls help..

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #377 of 2,087
I cant see the .fw file to load the new firmware. Nothing on the folder "firmware" when i extracted.

I tried it 3 times already. Pls help..

PM me with your email address I will send it, they sent it through email to me for some reason the but only the tool is online.

Also may I add it has worked for me and another here but as it is firmware do so at own risk, it is simple enough but I am just passing on the info.

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #378 of 2,087
Unfortunately, they did not provide a price (Though it should definitely not be anywhere over $60).

They literally only said they will receive shipment in 3 weeks O.o

(You may have to click on it, it seems a bit blurry in the editor)

I would go penonaudio if you want it now, as I have not heard a single bad thing about them thus far. I'll post here once I see that it is available on their website, unless someone else beats me to it! :)

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #379 of 2,087
  Unfortunately, they did not provide a price (Though it should definitely not be anywhere over $60).

They literally only said they will receive shipment in 3 weeks O.o

(You may have to click on it, it seems a bit blurry in the editor)

I would go penonaudio if you want it now, as I have not heard a single bad thing about them thus far. I'll post here once I see that it is available on their website, unless someone else beats me to it! :)

Got mine from Ali Express....about 2 to 3 weeks...

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #380 of 2,087
got the same firmware as ndburley
v4.0

same changelog
installed it via an old laptop, the update tool UI was in english which was nice as well [the screenshots suggested it'd be in Chinese ].

The update process is easy too. It asks you for a file, auto detects the connected USB and then you press download.

>
I wish a play all menu item be added soon. Otherwise it's usefulness suffers IMO

there is a play all but no shuffle all. Depending on how you use it - no shuffle all = major drawback
flac play fine now even with most tags

button presses are delayed a bit and often the wrong button is
pressed(nooot sure what's happening there).
guess we'll see how it goes in v5-6-7-8.

if they add shuffle all, a few more bass EQ options and fix the button glitches it will be a really allround good player

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #381 of 2,087
got the same firmware as ndburley
v4.0

same changelog
installed it via an old laptop, the update tool UI was in english which was nice as well [the screenshots suggested it'd be in Chinese ].

The update process is easy too. It asks you for a file, auto detects the connected USB and then you press download.

>
there is a play all but no shuffle all. Depending on how you use it - no shuffle all = major drawback
flac play fine now even with most tags

button presses are delayed a bit and often the wrong button is
pressed(nooot sure what's happening there).
guess we'll see how it goes in v5-6-7-8.

if they add shuffle all, a few more bass EQ options and fix the button glitches it will be a really allround good player

Good to know that it is user upgradeable!

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #390 of 2,087
just get matte anti-glare screen protector, something like this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-Matte-Anti-Glare-Front-Screen-Protector-Cover-Guard-For-Apple-iPhone-6-4-7-/141403148798?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Screen_Protectors&hash=item20ec48d1fe) for a few bucks on ebay
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back