xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Feb 10, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #406 of 2,087

I didn't install the update.

Its has been a while (many days) since I charged it, although it still said 3/4 bars I'm giving it charge now to see if it runs again like normal.

I will report back and let you guys know. Mine had been used quite a lot since it arrived smoothly, but the last few days its been playing up.

Yes, its becoming a little too regular. Let's see if a charge fixes my unit as its a little different, not completely dead, just switches off etc....

Well, as I said I've been using it for burn-in a lot and pretty much charging it daily or every other day and the battery indicator for one is completely off. Often times standing at 3 bars for the most of the battery life and often times catching you off-guard so for outside use I started topping it off like I do with my C3 when it reaches 2 bars as the c3 is also known to last about couple of hours when the indicator shows the battery is half full. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #407 of 2,087
Well, as I said I've been using it for burn-in a lot and pretty much charging it daily or every other day and the battery indicator for one is completely off. Often times standing at 3 bars for the most of the battery life and often times catching you off-guard so for outside use I started topping it off like I do with my C3 when it reaches 2 bars as the c3 is also known to last about couple of hours when the indicator shows the battery is half full. 

Yup, I agree.

Have you noticed it charges very quickly? Mines done in about 20-30 minutes.

And...its been working again for almost 30 minutes which is a good sign. But let me report again after a few hours. Maybe my symptoms were a low battery.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #408 of 2,087
Yup, I agree.

Have you noticed it charges very quickly? Mines done in about 20-30 minutes.

And...its been working again for almost 30 minutes which is a good sign. But let me report again after a few hours. Maybe my symptoms were a low battery.

Yeah, charges relatively quickly. Haven't tried it from a USB but with the wall charger for my phone it probably takes about 50 minutes or less for the completely drained battery to fully charge.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #409 of 2,087
  Yeah, charges relatively quickly. Haven't tried it from a USB but with the wall charger for my phone it probably takes about 50 minutes or less for the completely drained battery to fully charge.

Well, I don't want to speak to soon but my unit hasn't stopped working yet since the charge. (it would have by now)

When you mentioned the inconsistent battery life / meter then put my thoughts about the shutdowns getting worse and worse / shorter and shorter it kind of rang alarm bells. Now, add that up with a fresh charge and stopped emitting the problems...

Let me confirm though after a couple of days to clear this up (be nice if it was just the battery)

What also confused me is I have seen my battery meter drop to 2/4 bars a few times so at 3/4 I thought I was fine.

Will report back.

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #410 of 2,087
All modern batteries can be random the first couple of charges. Most common is smartphones where the battery does not "settle" for up to like 5 full cycles sometimes. Let´s just hope it´s linked to that. However, dodgy battery indicators is rather common on devices like this. My ipod has the same issue, so did one of the clips that i owned. 

My player is still going strong, let´s just hope it stays that way :) 

For those who have opened the device, can you replace the battery?

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #411 of 2,087
Looks like I'm saving up for the Fiio X1 now... I was looking forward to trying the X2 out, but I don't have time to be dealing with defective units if that's a possibility here...oh well.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #412 of 2,087
HiFinage has organized a review tour of the xDuoo X2 in India. I'm first in line and should receive it in a few days. Let's see if it can dethrone my mighty clip.

https://www.facebook.com/events/696328137141739/?ref=51&source=1

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #414 of 2,087
Dang....was really looking forward to trying this

Fiio x1 it is!

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #417 of 2,087
I can report since charging my unit it hasn't exhibited any further problems. I would like to assume after testing the last 24 hours my case was simply signs of a low battery.

I've edited the original post last page to reflect this for future readers.

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #419 of 2,087
Chosen x2 + Fidelio x2 over my desktop setup of Schiit Magni 2 + Schiit Modi 2 uber + QLS Qa360..

And I am not joking :)

Wow, that's quite a statement. I'd take it that the X2's pairs very well together then.....

Anyone compared the Fiio X3 and the X2?

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #420 of 2,087
Wow, that's quite a statement. I'd take it that the X2's pairs very well together then.....

Anyone compared the Fiio X3 and the X2?

X2 pairs well with any dark sounding HP as its bright sounding. The only drawback I experience is in the "authority" on lows being pretty low at X2 compared to that amp and dac and desktop dap setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back