XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Apr 12, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #646 of 1,196
Quote:
Fujisawa what is your source? Cause if the source impedance is high they become bright. IMHO source should be <1 Ohm to sound their best.

BTW big thanks to Dsnuts for starting this thread, to mugen3 for the nice reviews and to PeterDLai for made me pull the trigger with his price attacks. 
biggrin.gif

iPhone 5, which has impedance of 3.27 - 4.5 Ohms depending on what you read.

Sources
http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-5/audio-quality.htm
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Mobile&document_srl=2456504

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #647 of 1,196
Do you have source with <1 Ohm impedance to try and see if you still hear sibilance?

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #648 of 1,196
Quote:
Fujisawa what is your source? Cause if the source impedance is high they become bright. IMHO source should be <1 Ohm to sound their best.

BTW big thanks to Dsnuts for starting this thread, to mugen3 for the nice reviews and to PeterDLai for made me pull the trigger with his price attacks. 
biggrin.gif

Nice to see you discovered the pure awesomeness that is the XBA-30s. I hastily said in the Discovery thread the CKN70s were my favorites, and that was rash. Admittedly I hadn't been listening to the XBA-30s much and was too focused on my new AT toy. But a member's PM got me to A/B the two extensively again and I was reminded of how great these are. The XBA-30s are indeed still the best IEMs I've put in my ears.

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #649 of 1,196
They indeed receive the reward Pure Awesomeness 
beerchug.gif

The only con I found on these is that the cord is Y instead of the very comfortable for me J cord.

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #650 of 1,196
Quote:

Nice to see you discovered the pure awesomeness that is the XBA-30s. I hastily said in the Discovery thread the CKN70s were my favorites, and that was rash. Admittedly I hadn't been listening to the XBA-30s much and was too focused on my new AT toy. But a member's PM got me to A/B the two extensively again and I was reminded of how great these are. The XBA-30s are indeed still the best IEMs I've put in my ears.

You're welcome? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #652 of 1,196
Haven't read too much about the xba-3 but I'm looking to switch from my Amperior to these. Can anyone compare the two, in terms of sound signature and detail retrieval. Is $140 a good price for these?

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #653 of 1,196
I had a listen to the XBA-30s in store with my HP-P1/Pico Power rig the other day. Given I already have the XBA-3s I was very impressed by the result. It feels odd though the idea of using what amounts to a $125 pair of IEMs with ~$900 worth of electronics -- I probably could get away with just using the HP-P1 by itself as it is fine with IEMs.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #654 of 1,196
Quote:
I had a listen to the XBA-30s in store with my HP-P1/Pico Power rig the other day. Given I already have the XBA-3s I was very impressed by the result. It feels odd though the idea of using what amounts to a $125 pair of IEMs with ~$900 worth of electronics -- I probably could get away with just using the HP-P1 by itself as it is fine with IEMs.

Note though your XBA-3 aren't exactly stock - i.e. you've removed the fliters in them, haven't you? So that wouldn't be a conventional comparison.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #655 of 1,196
Good point, but I put the filters back in. Anyway, I've ordered a pair of the XBA-30s and I'll compare them after they've had some use.

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #657 of 1,196
Quote:
Haven't read too much about the xba-3 but I'm looking to switch from my Amperior to these. Can anyone compare the two, in terms of sound signature and detail retrieval. Is $140 a good price for these?

I am no expert, but I did get a chance to listen to the Sennheiser Amperior.  
I currently have the XBA-30 and enjoy them very much.  I ended up sending the Sennheisers back.  The bass was very good on the Amperior, but I did not like the high sounds.  I can only explain it as being very bright or metallic sounding.  If you like a warm sound, then you will very much like the Sony's.  Every time I compared both side by side, I loved the sound coming from the XBA-30.

Just my opinion.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #659 of 1,196
Just received my XBA-30s. Here are the unboxing photos. The packaging is far better than before and they've ditched the extension cable. Out of a Pico Power it is hard to notice any difference. I haven't tried out of my iPhone yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back