XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #31 of 1,196
I like my XBA3 enough that sold a lot of other gear in favour of them. To me they are like the original GR07 with more bass and possibly a slightly more forward midrange. But I have to say they have taken a back seat to my Sony MDR-1R full size yet portable headphone. BUT the 1R is $300 and may not be bassy enough for all the DS fans, so I would wait until DannyBai get's his pair and weighs in on how he likes them. For me though I am very tempted to have myself banned from here and just enjoy what I have LOL.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #32 of 1,196
Quote:
I like my XBA3 enough that sold a lot of other gear in favour of them. To me they are like the original GR07 with more bass and possibly a slightly more forward midrange. But I have to say they have taken a back seat to my Sony MDR-1R full size yet portable headphone. BUT the 1R is $300 and may not be bassy enough for all the DS fans, so I would wait until DannyBai get's his pair and weighs in on how he likes them. For me though I am very tempted to have myself banned from here and just enjoy what I have LOL.

Thanks - in one post you have been both a help to me, and no help at all LOL!

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #33 of 1,196
I believe it was Currowong
when these first came out ended up getting the XBA-3s over the XBA-4s.

Think you've just revealed Currawong's and Arnaud's secret reference earphones when they're out at audio shows listening to various DAC/Amps :wink:!!

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #34 of 1,196
well if that's the case ( let's hope they check in soon )

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #35 of 1,196
Quote:

Thanks - in one post you have been both a help to me, and no help at all LOL!

I know...

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #37 of 1,196
hmmm looking up the MDR-R1 ( oh yeah those ) and trying to not notice the other Sony comment. looking away quickly, one day left.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #38 of 1,196
Quote:
For $130? You Canadians get these?

Like I said... done! Now we just need to work on nick lol!

I'm sure that you get sick of these questions (and you have probably answered this one multiple times), but how do the xba3's compare to the fxd70's as far as signature, transparency, bass, mids and highs are concerned?  :)

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #39 of 1,196
For $130? You Canadians get these? And you guys get the silver MDR-1Rs? What gives? I thought we US duders always got the deals. I guess not.

I have some other Canadians ask me how I got the silver model and I actually think I got my pair as an absolute fluke. But I wasn't about to send the back LOL.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #40 of 1,196
Quote:

Like I said... done! Now we just need to work on nick lol!

I'm sure that you get sick of these questions (and you have probably answered this one multiple times), but how do the xba3's compare to the fxd70's as far as signature, transparency, bass, mids and highs are concerned?  :)

FXD70s are excellent earphones. One of the best for the cash. Those will remind you much of the HA-S500. I bet you will keep those once you hear them. This is not necessarily a case of if the XBA-3s sound better to you. You should think about getting rid of the FXD70s. Not at all, It will be hard for you to think that way once you have some quality music time with them. You will realize why we give much praise to the FXD70s. 

Then when you hear the XBA-3s. Don't know these might make you sell your FXD70s.Lol...I would never sell my FXD70s to be honest. I don't sell what I like in sound. Those are keepers and so are the XBA-3s..The FXD70s sound quality is very similar to your HA-S500 with ATH- Pleahers. They sound like fantastic earphones.. The XBA-3? To me sound like high tech holographic sound implants that utilize state of the art armatures to achieve every single sound in character and ambiance in your music can muster but also adds lushness and completeness to the sound like nothing you have ever heard. You don't just hear your tunes. You are surrounded by it. These are crack for your ears. Music immersion on these earphones are a first for me. These XBA-3s make you rethink how you listen to your music. Makes you dig deep into your old tracks and listen to them again..They make you listen to music you never listen to before. They make you appreciate all your music. And to me that type of experience can't be bought at any price. Let alone $130.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #41 of 1,196
Quote:
FXD70s are excellent earphones. One of the best for the cash. Those will remind you much of the HA-S500. I bet you will keep those once you hear them. This is not necessarily a case of if the XBA-3s sound better to you. You should think about getting rid of the FXD70s. Not at all, It will be hard for you to think that way once you have some quality music time with them. You will realize why we give much praise to the FXD70s. 

Then when you hear the XBA-3s. Don't know these might make you sell your FXD70s.Lol...I would never sell my FXD70s to be honest. I don't sell what I like in sound. Those are keepers and so are the XBA-3s..The FXD70s sound quality is very similar to your HA-S500 with ATH- Pleahers. They sound like fantastic earphones..

That might not be good news for my buddy rick lol

Quote:
The XBA-3? To me sound like high tech holographic sound implants that utilize state of the art armatures to achieve every single sound in character and ambiance in your music can muster but also adds lushness and completeness to the sound like nothing you have ever heard. You don't just hear your tunes. You are surrounded by it. These are crack for your ears. Music immersion on these earphones are a first for me. These XBA-3s make you rethink how you listen to your music. Makes you dig deep into your old tracks and listen to them again..They make you listen to music you never listen to before. They make you appreciate all your music. And to me that type of experience can't be bought at any price. Let alone $130.

Holy smokes!
eek.gif
  That might be one of the coolest descriptions I've ever read. If I hadn't already bought them, that would have surely done it!

Nick... your turn lol!

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #42 of 1,196
Dsnuts, I was able to buy them at 99 as well in Toronto. I am thinking about reshelling it. Do you know if there are any place that does it in Toronto? Or o I have to mail it out to US? Would you do it? I want to get a better fit and have removable cables.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #43 of 1,196
Quote:
Dsnuts, I was able to buy them at 99 as well in Toronto. I am thinking about reshelling it. Do you know if there are any place that does it in Toronto? Or o I have to mail it out to US? Would you do it? I want to get a better fit and have removable cables.

PM Kiteki. He knows much about reshelling. I think some of the guys might be able to help answer you that might know here I would hold on a bit to get an answer. I Know there is a thread many of the guys was reshelling the TF10s in the same way. If you do some digging here I bet you can find the thread for reshelling quite easily.

Though I am completely happy with my pair. Reshelling could make these into serious monsters. I am interested to hear how they turned out if you end up doing this.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #45 of 1,196
Awesome headphone.

After having Noc's NS600, Phonak Audeo 132's and Klipsch S4i, i was on a mission to find the brightness of Phonaks while having the bass of S4i.

i got to listen to XBA2 and they sounded nothing close to my likings but trying XBA3 i was shocked to see how much they opened up by simply adding a twitter.

I do agree they sound a bit metal type of sounding but none of that matters if your not looking analytical headphones.

i still notice nice instrument seperation and they are not muffed.

Bass is tight and goes deep even on POP songs, Dance and Trance it really takes off deep down.

My mission was to find headphones that do not go over the ear, have iphone remote and offer nice clarity as well as having a good bass but not super powerful.

Just awesome headphones

Picked them up for $240 at Sony Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back