X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets
Nov 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #61 of 148
Just finished installing 2.34 and applying my theme to it. 

Firstly, great job to the guys at Fiio for implementing the folder memory thing...this was a much needed feature.

Ok, on to the bugs I have found:
1. As others have pointed out, when updating the library, it is indeed slower than previous FWs, and at the end the text disappears but the rotating wheel keeps going for about another minute or 2.
2. I guess that new menu item written in Chinese is possibly to allow the player to continue playing through all folders, however, it cannot be enabled.
3. When playing through a folder, when the last track in the folder has finished, the 2nd track of the same folder starts playing...and once it has gone through the folder for a 2nd time, the 3 track starts playing. Perhaps this has something to do with the continuous folder play

Anyways, here's the link to FW 2.34 update with my LIM theme

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m1cvurf212tvm9x/X5_LIM_FW2.34.zip

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #62 of 148
Another bug

When I switched the player off and back on again, the now playing screen came up and continued player where it left off. Pressing the back button took me to the correct song selection page within the album..however, pressing back again took me to a completely different Artist folder. Pressing back again took me to the Artist selection page, and the correct artist was highlighted. But, pressing back again caused a total freeze of the device

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #63 of 148
  Just finished installing 2.34 and applying my theme to it. 

Firstly, great job to the guys at Fiio for implementing the folder memory thing...this was a much needed feature.

Ok, on to the bugs I have found:
1. As others have pointed out, when updating the library, it is indeed slower than previous FWs, and at the end the text disappears but the rotating wheel keeps going for about another minute or 2.
2. I guess that new menu item written in Chinese is possibly to allow the player to continue playing through all folders, however, it cannot be enabled.
3. When playing through a folder, when the last track in the folder has finished, the 2nd track of the same folder starts playing...and once it has gone through the folder for a 2nd time, the 3 track starts playing. Perhaps this has something to do with the continuous folder play

Anyways, here's the link to FW 2.34 update with my LIM theme

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m1cvurf212tvm9x/X5_LIM_FW2.34.zip

about 3. it might work if you use full chinese menu? [ i don't want to risk trying this as i panic fast, and having x5 in chinese might be hard to change it back]

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #64 of 148
Only problem I have noted in this release is that folder repeat play appears to be permanently selected.  I have been unable to select a setting that stops play after last track has played, player always returns to track 1 and continues to play.
Jeremy

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #65 of 148
Working for me.  Sllllooooowwwww updating as has been noted.  I like how the upper right menu button works now.  Short hold to folder playing, long hold to main menu icon.  Nice!  

The fact that there is a (Chinese language) setting for folder to folder sounds like the hardworking engineers are on it and just haven't quite gotten it going yet.  This is good news..  
smile.gif

Thanks guys!

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #66 of 148
Only problem I have noted in this release is that folder repeat play appears to be permanently selected.  I have been unable to select a setting that stops play after last track has played, player always returns to track 1 and continues to play.
Jeremy

Actually, I've noticed this, too. Good discussion here recently. Joe Bloggs please make sure to loop this back to the devs!

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #68 of 148
the back button works. The ubuntu theme mod works, and it is a bit faster than the original, but it is too minimal. the font is great, but the absence of animated menu is a drawback for me, as i liked the menu. it kind of takes some beauty away from the player.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #70 of 148
  the back button works. The ubuntu theme mod works, and it is a bit faster than the original, but it is too minimal. the font is great, but the absence of animated menu is a drawback for me, as i liked the menu. it kind of takes some beauty away from the player.

And I'm exactly the opposite in my opinion of this theme.  That's why there are 500 kinds of breakfast cereal.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #72 of 148

PUSH... 
smile_phones.gif

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 2.34 compared to FW2.20:

1. Bugzilla Bug 38 solved: Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected. This is true even after navigating to the main menu or powering the X5 off and back on.
2. Holding the Back button now takes you to the main menu (rather than the Now Playing screen).
3. CUE sheets for APE files now supported.
4. Fixed issue where the X5 sometimes skips back to the first song after the currently playing song is deleted.
5. Fixed issue where the presently playing and total number of songs in the present listing (e.g. 1/16) is in error after deleting the first song or the last song in the list.
6. Fixed issue where pressing the previous / next buttons do not function correctly when selecting between TF1, TF2 and OTG drives under Browse Files.
7. Fixed issue where the currently playing playlist is not highlighted on pressing Back after playing a song from a playlist.
8. Fixed issue where sometimes "About X5" shows 0 songs on the X5 after updating the media library.
9. Fixed issue where songs newly added to Favorites sometimes do not show up in the Favorites list.
10. Fixed issue where a track not supported by the X5 is sometimes not skipped automatically.
11. Fixed issue where 16kHz/8bit and 11kHz/16bit tracks are shown with incorrect time counters while playing.
12. Fixed issue where iTunes AAC-HE tracks are shown with sample rates at half the actual value.

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #74 of 148
I am using the linux font mod right now because it works faster

anyway, i discovwered a very very disturbing bug...

If you are playing music, with headphones in, and you plug straight into usb dac mode, without first closing the player or pausing the song, you hear a very very bad distortion that dissappears only when you restart it.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #75 of 148
I liked all firmwares up to 2.03...which is where I've kept returning.
And since I've been critical of 2.07-2.31...feeling that they weren't true steps forward...
I have to say I am a fan of 2.34. This is an improvement from where I've been at 2.03
sound wise I think it is good also

oh...and the top right button is awesome now. Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back