X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets
Dec 8, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #136 of 148
It will come when it comes.  Maybe we get a nice Xmas present from Fiio, maybe not.  Time will tell.
wink_face.gif

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #138 of 148
Please fix that the file format and quality not seen clarify because the text is over the cover image.

Also need to not show only at the begining on the song, need to show always like the song name, artist,etc. Its interesting including this info behing the song text or in a a top black band (like the bottom black band with the song text).

Also the info must contain the bit rate, for example:

MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, VBR 192 Kbps.
MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, CBR 160 Kbps.
etc.

Thanks!

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #141 of 148
Also the info must contain the bit rate, for example:
MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, VBR 192 Kbps.
MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, CBR 160 Kbps.

I so much agree that it would be realllly nice to see the bitrate. Actualy I know ALL of my MP3 are 16bit/44Khz so I don't care to see that, it's the bitrate that really matters and if it is VBR or CBR.

Best to do your weeding before transferring files to the card...

Yea imo it's too late to do the sorting once it's on the card as the player is awefully slow and the UI is much less friendly than Windows on a 24-27in monitor.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

1- So far the latest beta is truly awesome. The next feature I'm awaiting the most is by far the possibility of scrolling faster. For example on the list, hold the center button then the letters from A to Z appear and you can use the wheel to choose ur letter.

2- It would be nice if flashing the firmware wouldn't erase your favorite list. It takes so much time to build a "favorite playlist" only to see it completely erased few weeks later by a new firmware :/

3- If we would have a setting in the "Play settings" so that when you are viewing an album you can either chose to sort the songs per "Track #" or by "Alphabetic Order".

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #143 of 148
I just upgraded from 2.20, and there is a distinct improvement in sound quality, particularly on the higher end.  

In addition, i love the track skip tied to the volume buttons.

Overall, this firmware is a major improvement from 2.20.  Great job!

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #144 of 148
  I just upgraded from 2.20, and there is a distinct improvement in sound quality, particularly on the higher end.  

In addition, i love the track skip tied to the volume buttons.

Overall, this firmware is a major improvement from 2.20.  Great job!

So, you just upgraded to 2.34 beta (I assume so, because you posted in this thread)?
Are you aware that they've released the newest 2.36 beta (including all the benefits from 2.34 and even more) FW today?
Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/745948/x5-firmware-2-36beta-folder-jump-true-random-shuffle-more-custom-eqs

Cheers!

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #146 of 148
  then we can call this thread closed, and continue every discussion on new beta thread, right?...

Posting in whatever thread on HF is free of course. But I think the people of Fiio have moved their focus to the 2.36beta FW at the moment.
Should this one be closed from now on? I don't know, if there are still headfi-ers who want to stay (for whatever reason) on this 2.34beta FW, I guess it should stay open.
My former post was only ment to inform alauson (who joined today) that there is a newer and imo much better FW available.
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #148 of 148
There has been no change of sound from the 2.2 to the betas that I can hear or that Fiio has noted in the change notes.  

If people are comfortable with 2.2 and don't want to use the betas, no reason to close the thread.  There will be a final at some point and then all who choose to use THAT will likely migrate over and this thread will slowly dry up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back