X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets
Nov 18, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #17 of 148
Nice,
I'll have to try this firmware rev. when I get some spare time.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #19 of 148
I played my songs all day the random is not completely random as I said previously... I have to figure it out but there is a certain sequence of tracks repeating but it's les obvious than in 2.30 beta.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #20 of 148
Well with a library of 5300 on shuffle, over the space of a week on fw 2.2 I had no repeats so as far as I'm concerned it's doing everything I need it to do.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #21 of 148
Gapless playback is fixed!!!!!!  Hooray!!!!!!

This is huge, because it was make or break for me.  I've only tried two tracks (because I'm impatient), but the played through flawlessly without any gap, click or glitch.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #23 of 148
New Bug:
"Play by category -> Artist -> %Artist_with_7_or_more_albums%"
Album, placed in last row on the screen has an invalid icon (like an "All Songs" item).
If you try to open any album, while it placed at last row on the screen, then "All songs" opens.
If you scroll up any album from the last row, then it works fine.

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #25 of 148
Gapless playback is fixed!!!!!!  Hooray!!!!!!

This is huge, because it was make or break for me.  I've only tried two tracks (because I'm impatient), but the played through flawlessly without any gap, click or glitch.

Can you explain a bit ? I tried on Mp3 and it didn't work... was it on flacs ?

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #26 of 148
I played my songs all day the random is not completely random as I said previously... I have to figure it out but there is a certain sequence of tracks repeating but it's les obvious than in 2.30 beta.

Does it still seem to be creating internal playlist? I've never had a problem with it repeating songs during random play. I just have a problem with it playing songs in an internal playlist fashion. Only if you start random play from the same song it will play as if from a playlist. As long as you start random play with a different song things play well randomly.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #27 of 148
** I know you are working on folder play, so will be very happy when you make progress on that.  Other thing I would love to see for functionality would be for the scan to actually identify externally created playlists, and put them in the Category > Playlists section.  At present the only way to get to them is navigate manually in folder view.

Folder play -> Does it mean that the X5 plays all subfolders automatically from first to last?

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 148
Folder play -> Does it mean that the X5 plays all subfolders automatically from first to last?

That's my understanding of what they are working on - yes

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #29 of 148
ok - thank you. I'm waiting on it too.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #30 of 148
  Does it still seem to be creating internal playlist? I've never had a problem with it repeating songs during random play. I just have a problem with it playing songs in an internal playlist fashion. Only if you start random play from the same song it will play as if from a playlist. As long as you start random play with a different song things play well randomly.

Yes it does exactly that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back