X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #34 of 148
Can you explain a bit ? I tried on Mp3 and it didn't work... was it on flacs ?

Yes, I only have flacs and alacs on my X5.  Note that gapless doesn't work for shuffle play.  Also, the file limit appears gone -- I've got 6,700 songs and, it appears, the X5 is indexing all of them.  I tried shuffle play by genre last night and it worked perfectly.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #37 of 148
Everything looks good. Love how the back button is implemented with the Now Playing. :) Only problem I've seen so far is the slower library scanning compared to 2.20 stable. And the song counter disappears before reaching 2000 songs, leaving the spinning animation icon alone. Not a major issue though but still needs to be fixed.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #38 of 148
I don't know if I should post a feature request here but I'm doing it anyway since it's just a simple thing.

Just like any iPod and most mp3 players, I think there should be an option where the player remembers what you're playing after you turn it back on without playing it right away. The only way to do this is to toggle last position or last song from Resume in Settings, but it also plays the song immediately. There should be a toggle where you can decide whether it should play immediately after booting up or just take you to the song or last position of the song.

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #45 of 148
Hi Joe,

I've experienced the same problems as mentioned above.  On first boot, the X5 crashed on the language selection screen.  I booted it up again, and all seemed well.  On a library scan, it seemed to correctly index all of my files, however that loading pinwheel was still active even though the dialog message disappeared.

Everything else seems normal though.  Great work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back