Wow! The Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (also known as "Don't go to Yodobashi" lol)
Feb 15, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #226 of 428
KLS: did you use the flanges with the FAD? I cannot seem to suss that out. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear more of your impressions if you ever hear them again or buy, and others. I have never heard a non-burned-in version, so my impressions of a peaked mid is completely built on the one I am using.

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #227 of 428
@KLS and others. Every listening impressions for these earphones is most welcome, even if done under less than ideal conditions. ESP since these are not easy to come by for audition. So like Shigzeo, I encourage anyone who has heard them to share their impressions for those of us who are considering buying them.

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #228 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KLS: did you use the flanges with the FAD? I cannot seem to suss that out. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear more of your impressions if you ever hear them again or buy, and others. I have never heard a non-burned-in version, so my impressions of a peaked mid is completely built on the one I am using.

Amazon.co.jp: Final Audio ステンレス100%&#x524 A;り出し筐体 16mmダイナミッ&#x30A F;ドライバ採&#x7528 ; 高級&#x30A4

I just tried those as shown in the picture, except the smaller metal tips.

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #229 of 428
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6405114-post4366.html

Thanks, James444.
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #230 of 428
Hi dfkt, thanks for the nice chat and lending me the Hippos! You strike me as so strictly no-nonsense and light years ahead of me in both background knowledge and experience, that I'm really, really looking forward to your review.
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #238 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Here's a picture of this rig (note that while the small silicon tips add to a more secure fit, they do not seal the ear canal):

james444-albums-album1-picture4689-fad1601sb-voyager.jpg

Hi James, what are these Silicone sleeves you are using over the FAD's metal ear-tips? Looks like I might need something like these too if I do buy the FAD's, considering that I too have large ear canals...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back