WORST headphone you ever heard?
Apr 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #647 of 1,786
A pair of generic brand earphones I bought for 20$

For $20 you can actually buy some non-awful sounding headphones (jvc marshmallow, vsonic gr99)

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #648 of 1,786
For $20 you can actually buy some non-awful sounding headphones (jvc marshmallow, vsonic gr99)

Yeah I'm aware of that but unfortunately that was when I had no idea about quality IEM's, I used to think the earphones that came with the iPhone sounded great *shiver*.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #649 of 1,786
Today I have heard something that puts all the generics, ipod buds and other craptacular eadphones/headphones to shame.

Little did I know I've had a Koss KSC22 stored away for years. Pulled them and gave them a listen. I can seriously tell you that I'd rather a generic ebay $1 earphone or the Apple ibuds to it anyday.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #651 of 1,786

dear lord have mercy, i remember these headphones when i was in elementary school, i researched and found what they were

Califone 3068AV.

of course back in the day i didnt care what hi fi audio sounded or what it was you im a kiddie.

but haha you can change the volumes on either earcup, i didnt see why that feature was useful for.

in highschool now. we use these even more crappy headphones comparable to airplane cans.

thats why im happy to bring my own headphones.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #652 of 1,786
Audio technica T20

they're cheap and actually good for the money but not for me at the level of audio i prefer in listening with.

but i bought them for a quick test so im not complaining after which i returned them.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #653 of 1,786
Quote:
Audio technica T20

they're cheap and actually good for the money but not for me at the level of audio i prefer in listening with.

but i bought them for a quick test so im not complaining after which i returned them.

Funny you mention those; I just ran across a pair shoved in a corner at a friend's house.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #654 of 1,786
I have a small collection of brightly colored and funny shaped headphones ... so I bought the Aroc SBP-8400 phones because I found them attractive to look at ... but the SOUND ... oh my goodness ... two tin cans and string work better ! Really worse than any $1.00 bargain bin ear bud I have ever heard. But ohhhhhhhhhhh the black and yellow ... the Czar would be proud ... not to mention the Czarina. :)

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #655 of 1,786
Oh man, elementary school headphones! We had a pair similar to those Califones, except these were baby blue and didn't have any controls on the side besides a pot. They were mainly for our story read-along software (If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want some milk to go with it!) and WordPerfect narration. Man, did they suck. If I were in charge of the supplies department, I'd find the best $5 pair you could get so kids wouldn't have to go through complete garbage.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #656 of 1,786
It's funny as I was reading through the beginnings of this thread a few noted the Grado SR325i as the worst headphone they'd ever heard...and someone even noted the ATH W1000X. LOL. You guys must have wallets made of platinum if these are the worst you've heard. The SR325i are not my favorite, its like the mids are missing or something. I just got the W1000X and my initial impression is that I prefer them to my recabled Senn HD650's.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #657 of 1,786
beats by dre fake which is only 1 dollar

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #658 of 1,786
Quote:
I have a small collection of brightly colored and funny shaped headphones ... so I bought the Aroc SBP-8400 phones because I found them attractive to look at ... but the SOUND ... oh my goodness ... two tin cans and string work better ! Really worse than any $1.00 bargain bin ear bud I have ever heard. But ohhhhhhhhhhh the black and yellow ... the Czar would be proud ... not to mention the Czarina.
smily_headphones1.gif

those are a sony XB-300 OEM

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #660 of 1,786
Quote:
those are a sony XB-300 OEM

I doubt they're OEM; they're just uncreative design. The earcups are much lower quality than on the Sonys, and Sony doesn't OEM those (especially in a color they don't offer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back