WORST headphone you ever heard?
Dec 13, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #421 of 1,786
Actually, please bear with me on this... I actually tried my first pair of Dr Dre's today. They were on one of those display things at JB HiFi here in Australia.
I get it now! (cant remember which model but they were on special...) ...I knew they weren't very well received amongst the cognescenté here but for f**'s sake, they were awful! I'd have done better gaffa taping a pair of cheap Logitech PC speakers to my forehead... it was an experience... just knowing folk are prepared to pay $350... sheesh!
My whole rig was less than that! Sanza Clip+, cmoy (tweaked - LM6171, LM4562) and Fischer DBA02 (not counting the HD25's!)
Should I feel sorry for those guys?

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #422 of 1,786
Quote:
I knew they weren't very well received amongst the cognescenté here but for f**'s sake, they were awful!

Haha, now you know what we're on about with those.  Boggles my mind that someone would consider those worth the money vs something much more spectacular.  The only working theory I can come up with is that people want headphones for something other than sound.  Bit mental perhaps, but a real phenomena nonetheless.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #423 of 1,786
By far the worst headphones I've over heard were my old skull candy hesh headphones. I received them as a gift. They didn't just sound awful either. The build quality is complete crap. They broke two days after I received them so I took them back and got a pair of klipsch s4 ear buds. Still had to pay a little more for them but well worth it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #424 of 1,786
So now the caffeine has worn off, I''l amend my rant to... Dr Dre's, the dear ones, aren't for me, but I'm sure they sound suitably bad bangin dem firtee too Hurtz  tchunes out... kick eet!
Sorry ...! Possibly the worst headphones I've heard this week (Present Rant excluded) are a battered pair of DT100's at work (I'm a 48 year old sound engineer... what would I know...!) - I'm sure they've been fished out of the Brisbane river... more than once...

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #425 of 1,786
I would forgive a cheap-cheap headphone for sounding bad, but something expensive: the B&W's P5... muffled, boring and noisy from movement. Really wanted to like them but I think they are the worst disappointment I had.

Design is nice though.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #426 of 1,786
I think airplane hp dont count since its like saying that bread is a food in a 5 star restaurant...

For me, worst i heard (from models i actually bought), Denon C 260, followed up closly by Some Panasonic Mj-50(i think) that were over the ear that i could not use for more than 3 minutes or my ears would hurt.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #427 of 1,786
so far the worst headphones value for money I've heard are the ultrasone ed10 and beats solo.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #429 of 1,786
Didnt like the m50... They were too boring and vocals dont shine on them. Lack the AT sound signature and abit dark sounding. Thought it was good due to all the good reviews about it. But well , its a subjective matter.

Worst headphones i listened to is some no brand headphones my school computer lab used. Extremely uncomfortable and doesn't have bass and treble.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #430 of 1,786
The absolute worst IEMs I've owned we're a pair of $16 fake Beats Tours. I was listening g to a podcast and after EQing the treble all the way up, I still couldn't understand what the guy was saying. The worst "legit" IEMs were the orange buds from Deal Extreme.

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #431 of 1,786
Quote:
Actually, please bear with me on this... I actually tried my first pair of Dr Dre's today. They were on one of those display things at JB HiFi here in Australia.
I get it now! (cant remember which model but they were on special...) ...I knew they weren't very well received amongst the cognescenté here but for f**'s sake, they were awful! I'd have done better gaffa taping a pair of cheap Logitech PC speakers to my forehead... it was an experience... just knowing folk are prepared to pay $350... sheesh!
My whole rig was less than that! Sanza Clip+, cmoy (tweaked - LM6171, LM4562) and Fischer DBA02 (not counting the HD25's!)
Should I feel sorry for those guys?

Ex-CEO from my company, constantly looking for *that* sound has about 6 pairs of Beats, canal and binaural, hates all of them...

He's keeping every single pair as punishment. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #432 of 1,786
Quote:

Ex-CEO from my company, constantly looking for *that* sound has about 6 pairs of Beats, canal and binaural, hates all of them...

He's keeping every single pair as punishment. 

Lol why din't you introduce him to good cans? I'm sure Beats have a high resale value, with all 6 he can get some really nice stuff, and why 6? does each Solo sound different from the other?  That's how bad their Quality Control is?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back