WORST headphone you ever heard?
Jul 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #151 of 1,786
I just got a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds. When I put them in and played something, I was highly disturbed. The sound was, in my opinion, terrible. They were the worst I've heard so far. And honestly, I was expecting better because I have a pair of Lowriders that I really don't think are that bad for the price.

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #152 of 1,786
Quote:
I just got a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds. When I put them in and played something, I was highly disturbed. The sound was, in my opinion, terrible. They were the worst I've heard so far. And honestly, I was expecting better because I have a pair of Lowriders that I really don't think are that bad for the price.

Are your Ink'd the original or the 2.0 version?

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #154 of 1,786
Quote:
Ah, I don't know. You know, I threw away the packaging and I can't find anything on the buds. However, I don't think I saw anything about 2.0. I'd be willing to be these are the originals because they were on sale. Lol.

Probably. Was interested cause i have the 2.0 and I think it sounds alright, a bit hot in the treble sometimes but otherwise a decent earphone.

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #156 of 1,786
Not sure if the Solos are the worst headphones I've heard, but they are probably the worst $200 headphones I've heard.

I work at an electronics retailer and when they were still new on the market, I was often asked to wear a pair of Solos around the store. I was supposed to have music playing into them with them around my neck, ready to listen to (to attract attention) or to give to a customer for a listen.

Needless to say, they spent 99% of their time around my neck with the audio jack sitting in my pocket, unplugged. I made the mistake of using them when I went for a break to a nearby food court and well ... never again.

Funny story though - our pair had a problem with the headband and it didn't quite fit properly. I actually got into the habit of saying "Go ahead and try them, they are sort of broken though" as I'd hand them to customers. Although the sound was unaffected by the problem, I smiled widely each time a customer handed them back to me, grimacing, and commenting "Yeah, I can tell, the sound is all messed up." :D

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #158 of 1,786
Funny story though - our pair had a problem with the headband and it didn't quite fit properly. I actually got into the habit of saying "Go ahead and try them, they are sort of broken though" as I'd hand them to customers. Although the sound was unaffected by the problem, I smiled widely each time a customer handed them back to me, grimacing, and commenting "Yeah, I can tell, the sound is all messed up." :D

Haha. :D

And they say "common people" don't know good sound...:rolleyes:

As far as dreadful headphones, anything from Behringer is always a funny disappointment. And in the category of "headphones you were certain would suck in a big way but are actually listenable" I would include the Koss KPH7 (I've legitimately considered buying another set or an up-model of them for actual listening).

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #160 of 1,786
Anyone else remember the days when you would buy a portable CD player/ Headphones bundle? Yeah, 8 years ago, got the player and on ears by Panasonic. They were terrible. Like, muffled everything terrible. Got some Koss clip ons one week later and never regretted that decision.

Jul 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #163 of 1,786
Anyone else remember the days when you would buy a portable CD player/ Headphones bundle? Yeah, 8 years ago, got the player and on ears by Panasonic. They were terrible. Like, muffled everything terrible. Got some Koss clip ons one week later and never regretted that decision.

Yeah I remember those. I found a pair of "GPX" headphones in a box not too long ago, they actually sounded pretty good. A little congested and slow, but warm and satisfying. For the dollar or two they probably cost, very stellar. Now it's just brightness overwhelming.

Jul 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #164 of 1,786
Quote:
I auditioned a pair of AKG K240 MKII at a local shop once and was profoundly disturbed. These headphones have been my yard stick for "bloated bass" ever since.

That's interesting. I've often wondered just how close the K240 Studio and the MKII are. I've read that they're almost identical, but I haven't heard the MKII so I can't say. Why I pointed that out was that the K240 Studio did seem to have bloated bass, especially when plugged into the receiver. But I loved those mids on them.

Sorry for the off topic guys.

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #165 of 1,786
Quote:
I auditioned a pair of AKG K240 MKII at a local shop once and was profoundly disturbed. These headphones have been my yard stick for "bloated bass" ever since.

The strange thing about the K240 Studio/MKII is that they always have lots of bass right out of the box, but after weeks of use it's a lot less. It's almost like..where did all that bass go?
The K240 Studio is definitely not bass heavy at all. It has more than the Q701 though.

If you search old threads people say the K240's bass is so bad, but most likely none of them had them for more than a few days.

BTW the K240 actually has less bass than even the SRH-840.

Also the K240 Studio and MKII are the same. The MKII just has more extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back