WORST headphone you ever heard?
Feb 18, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #136 of 1,786
14811507.jpg

JK, Bose in ear 1's

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #139 of 1,786
The worst I ever had were some hupe earphones. The cables are thin, they have the worst SQ I have ever heard, broke within a day and yet I still have it after it has been broken for months. I'm thinking about sending it to my cousin since he loves setting useless things on fire.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #140 of 1,786
Worst sounding? Skullcandy Ink'd
Worst sounding for the price? Bose QC3
Worst sounding from a brand I respect? Sennheiser HD280 pros

This is all personal opinion, if you like any of these three, don't let me crash your party.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #142 of 1,786
Koss UR19, everything just sounded awful. Thin, bright, no definition. Listening to music lost all it's fun, became more of a chore. Tie with iFrogz EarPollution Mogul, like listening to music through muddy water. Too much bass that completely obscured the midrange. Not even a fun bass, just thick and muddy, no attack or definition.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #143 of 1,786

Quote:
Worst sounding? Skullcandy Ink'd
Worst sounding for the price? Bose QC3
Worst sounding from a brand I respect? Sennheiser HD280 pros

This is all personal opinion, if you like any of these three, don't let me crash your party.

i have skullcandy inkd and i have heard earphones that are way worse than that, inkd is not even close to being the worst... just my opinion tho

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #144 of 1,786
Solo Beats. I couldn't believe how muffled it was, not to mention that awful bass that overpowers whatever was left of the highs and mids. I'd rather listen to apple earbuds.

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #145 of 1,786

Quote:
I don't really think anything here can beat dollar store "Hi-Fi Super Professional Earphones", they don't even have a real brand associated with them. While some people here may be mentioning the worst they've heard at a price point, these things make EVERYTHING else sound good. They've got toilet bass, and mids that probably exist somewhere in another dimension, along with some constant white noise when any sound is played through them.

I've used these before. They suck big time, but for $2 I wasn't really all that disappointed. Still complete crap though.

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #146 of 1,786

Quote:
I once bought a €9,95 full size Panasonic headphone at the local grocery store. Everytime I hear it, I die a little inside. My wife still uses it, she knows better but simply doesn't give a **** about SQ.

It's the Panasonic RP-HT160, just listened to them again... as my own gear got better since the last time I tried it, it sounded even worse. Made me want to throw up and wash my ears with batteryacid...

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #149 of 1,786
Worst headphone ever heard exists on a few levels in my mind:

1. Worst headphone ever heard (vs expectation):

Lots of contenders.. hmm.. AKG K315 easily! They sound like someone is poking you in the ear with a knitting needle. They have a filthy excuse for bass and the treble is just RAZOR SHARP! Where are the mids?? - What mids??? For the expectation I had cos they are AKG... wow... even my cheap panasonic earbuds thrash them!

2. Worst headphone (vs price):

After lots of thinking... there is a tie. Beats by Dre Studio (400 swiss francs) and Bose QC3 (360ish chf). The Bose QC3 is fire alarm bell, on your ear.. the bass is "very tight and controlled" and you cannot even tell the difference between every other beat.. all sounds THE SAME. All of the singers have tuberculosis and even though the treble is slightly recessed, amazingly it manages to be annoying sometimes. 

And the Beats dre studio is well.. you know.

3. Worst high quality headphone:

D7000! I just hate it. It has a "very good bass".. which is nowhere near even my "bass lacking" K701.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #150 of 1,786
Sennheiser HD515...I don't care to remember what they sounded like but I remember not liking them that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back