WORST headphone you ever heard?
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #1,336 of 1,786
I have the feeling this thread derailed somewhat.
It would be a pity if one of the mods closes the thread because of that.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,337 of 1,786
Well, he said the cord inside the detox broke lol. not the band... plus we are on topic, we are talking about the worst headphones ever if you didnt notice!

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #1,338 of 1,786
  Well, he said the cord inside the detox broke lol. not the band... plus we are on topic, we are talking about the worst headphones ever if you didnt notice!

That amazes me even more..
And well it's more the most overpriced headphone ever. The beats pro detox!

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,339 of 1,786
I don't use beats myself but I don't mind the fact that they exist. It tells me a lot about a person if he or she is wearing a pair.

The worst headphones I ever tried are the free airline kind. It never ceases to amaze me why anyone would use those pieces of junk, when all you need is a simple cheap adapter to use normal headphones.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #1,340 of 1,786
That amazes me even more..
And well it's more the most overpriced headphone ever. The beats pro detox!
not exactly. He even said that's the most common reason for breaking.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #1,342 of 1,786
not exactly. He even said that's the most common reason for breaking.

That was about the studio's, right? Or did I miss something here.. I've never heard of a beats pro breaking at that point..

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #1,344 of 1,786
Ughhh . . . Another beats thread.

But of course, they're like the best headphones ever made, we must talk about them! (Sarcasm)

No General is right (I like your name by the way), we should get back on topic.

I tried some apple earbuds (not the earpods, the older ones) just for the sake of this thread, and well, they might not be the worst, but they come damn close.. How do people even enjoy that? You can't hear half the music.

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #1,345 of 1,786

You know how there are extensions on either side of the headband? Well, they're housed in plastic housings that are held to the steel headband by only a flimsy piece of plastic. That's the part that broke. I might be able to get some pictures of it.

Getting back on topic, 

But of course, they're like the best headphones ever made, we must talk about them! (Sarcasm)

No General is right (I like your name by the way), we should get back on topic.

I tried some apple earbuds (not the earpods, the older ones) just for the sake of this thread, and well, they might not be the worst, but they come damn close.. How do people even enjoy that? You can't hear half the music.

The knockoff old Apple Earbuds are even worse than the originals. To me, the Apple Earbuds actually sound quite nice for freebies. The knockoffs are at least $3.

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #1,346 of 1,786
Air Canada's few years ago hook headphones. They sound poor and the hook doesn't stay on the ear. No isolation and awful colour (violet?!). Haven't been on Air Canada since because of the price and service of Cathay Pacific is put of the world (no baggage limitation, as long as its in 22 kg limit).

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,348 of 1,786
The worst I've heard are some $15 Sony earbuds...at first they were good, but then I tried some OEM Samsung earbuds and it made the Sony earbuds look like pure trash, both aren't better than $15 JVC XX earbuds though, those are far superior.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #1,349 of 1,786
The worst I've heard are some $15 Sony earbuds...at first they were good, but then I tried some OEM Samsung earbuds and it made the Sony earbuds look like pure trash, both aren't better than $15 JVC XX earbuds though, those are far superior.
true dat. I have the full size JVC Ha-m55X's, and they make ear buds sound like trash, then I got my akg k240's today, and they make the JVC's sound meh.

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,350 of 1,786
Not counting some horrid airplane headphones that I couldn't listen to even before I cared about headphones, the worst ever have been my first pair. They were a pair of Philips headphones that looked like the Fischer Audio Oldskool 70s, except cheaper. Even at the time, with them paired to a cheap portable cd player, I knew the sound was bad, but I just didn't understand that it could be because of the headphones. I thought portable music just sounded like that.

(Oldskools BTW look like this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back