WORST headphone you ever heard?
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #1,321 of 1,786
well, isn't it obvious? Sweaty people want to look sexy in their crappy designer headphones that their 16 year old son suggested!... And they didn't say no because, as everyone knows, teen boys know EVERYTHING about technology! *sarcasm*

Of course, they know beats are bad, I mean come on, SMS audio is way better right! /sarcasm

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #1,322 of 1,786
well, isn't it obvious? Sweaty people want to look sexy in their crappy designer headphones that their 16 year old son suggested!... And they didn't say no because, as everyone knows, teen boys know EVERYTHING about technology! *sarcasm*

Well if anything, I'd say 16 year old sons will definitely know more about technology than sweaty people, so that is true to some extent.

Of course, they know beats are bad, I mean come on, SMS audio is way better right! /sarcasm

Bear in mind that Beats and SMS are lifestyle consumer products that coincidentally also make sound. They are not headphones.

To an average consumer who doesn't care the slightest about sound, these "things" meet several criterion:

1. They look good
2. They are relatively expensive
3. Other people know they are relatively expensive
4. They are generally more convenient to use on the go than most other "headphones" (i.e. foldable, has carry case, detachable cable can easily be replaced)

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #1,323 of 1,786

Well if anything, I'd say 16 year old sons will definitely know more about technology than sweaty people, so that is true to some extent.

Bear in mind that Beats and SMS are lifestyle consumer products that coincidentally also make sound. They are not headphones.

To an average consumer who doesn't care the slightest about sound, these "things" meet several criterion:

1. They look good
2. They are relatively expensive
3. Other people know they are relatively expensive
4. They are generally more convenient to use on the go than most other "headphones" (i.e. foldable, has carry case, detachable cable can easily be replaced)

When I got my beats, I thought they were the best headphones ever made.. And they had a good build quality (beats pro)
But yeah, also the good look.. People know they're expensive.. I am guilty of wearing them everywhere around my neck, but not for long ^.^ selling them.. Although the guy saving up for them sure is taking his time.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,324 of 1,786
  When I got my beats, I thought they were the best headphones ever made.. And they had a good build quality (beats pro)
But yeah, also the good look.. People know they're expensive.. I am guilty of wearing them everywhere around my neck, but not for long ^.^ selling them.. Although the guy saving up for them sure is taking his time.

I've been there; I had three pairs at one point. They're all broken now and am officially done with Beats as of 6 months ago.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #1,325 of 1,786

I've been there; I had three pairs at one point. They're all broken now and am officially done with Beats as of 6 months ago.

Congratz, you're clean now :)
I still have a pair of broken studio's.. Used to own another pair of studio's, sold these to get a white beats pro, swapped these for a red beats pro, sold these and got myself a beats pro detox.
Now selling the detox for a Mad Dog 3.2, and I gave the broken studio's to my dad, who prefers his AKG K404. The only thing broken about the is the headband by the way, which I "fixed" with some duct tape.
Oh and I also own a Hifiman HE-300 now, which, whenever I have the chance, I use instead of my beats pro detox.

Back on the topic,
It's not a headphone, but I just had to hear someone's speaker (in the middle of a quiet classroom) and it sounded so bad.. I don't know what brand it was, but it was pretty terrible.

Oh and by the way, I found out here's a 50 bucks fake beats 'hamburger speaker' which sounds pretty much the same as the 'beats pill' which is priced at 200 bucks.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #1,326 of 1,786
Apr 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,327 of 1,786
Okay, I'm not completely done with Beats. It'd be such a waste to just throw them out, so I fixed them both up with dollar shop headphone parts, and now they're both better than ever! The Studio is now Bluetooth, and the Executive no longer has crappy noise isolation.

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #1,328 of 1,786

Never again...

Okay, I'm not completely done with Beats. It'd be such a waste to just throw them out, so I fixed them both up with dollar shop headphone parts, and now they're both better than ever! The Studio is now Bluetooth, and the Executive no longer has crappy noise isolation.

Nice carbon finish on the studio's, colorwared?
And you got a studio, an executive and where's the 3th one..?
Nice job by the way, really love what you did with the executive's, IMO they look better than the original!
Edit: Wow just noticed my studio's broke at EXACT the same spot.. Not sure if creepy coincidence, or just a weak spot..
Edit2: Bluetooth on the studio, LOL that's great, dre would charge you an extra 80 bucks for that.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #1,329 of 1,786
What I'd love is if you integrated my e11 amp into my JVC's, and slapped some Bluetooth on it.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,330 of 1,786

Nice carbon finish on the studio's, colorwared?
And you got a studio, an executive and where's the 3th one..?
Nice job by the way, really love what you did with the executive's, IMO they look better than the original!
Edit: Wow just noticed my studio's broke at EXACT the same spot.. Not sure if creepy coincidence, or just a weak spot..
Edit2: Bluetooth on the studio, LOL that's great, dre would charge you an extra 80 bucks for that.

The carbon Studios are a DIY job using 3M carbon fiber Di-Noc. I don't think Colorware offers a textured carbon fiber finish.
The 3rd pair is a Pro Detox. The internal headband broke (where the extensions connect to the headband itself).
It also has the Di-Noc, which matched my Galaxy S2 at the time.

It seems that every Studio's weak spot is that gap between the cushion and the steel bracket. I've seen other people's Studios also broken in that exact spot.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,331 of 1,786
What I'd love is if you integrated my e11 amp into my JVC's, and slapped some Bluetooth on it.

Dollar shop Bluetooth kills audio quality, making the amp redundant.

Integrating the amp would be easy though.

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #1,332 of 1,786
You are my new headphone customization hero. I worship you!XD

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,333 of 1,786
Hmm.. You should design and create your own cans. With your technical knowledge, you probably could.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,334 of 1,786
Dollar shop Bluetooth kills audio quality, making the amp redundant.

Integrating the amp would be easy though.

dang... Do you live in the states? I'd like to have you do some modifications on my cans, for sound and aesthetics!

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #1,335 of 1,786

The carbon Studios are a DIY job using 3M carbon fiber Di-Noc. I don't think Colorware offers a textured carbon fiber finish.
The 3rd pair is a Pro Detox. The internal headband broke (where the extensions connect to the headband itself).
It also has the Di-Noc, which matched my Galaxy S2 at the time.

It seems that every Studio's weak spot is that gap between the cushion and the steel bracket. I've seen other people's Studios also broken in that exact spot.

What'd you do with that beautiful detox?!@ Please tell me its a fake!
No seriously, why did you mod it? You should've gotten a regular beats pro and mod that! Not the detox, noeeeeessss. (Overreacts a bit more)
How'd you break the detox's headband by the way? I can't think of a single way that that would happen by an accident.. Maybe getting hit by a car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back