WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000
Aug 3, 2011 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

WSH33

New Head-Fier

Do you guys think that the WooAudio 2 would be a good amp for my Denon AH-D5000? This will be the first amp I buy and don't mind a lot of money to get the most out of my headphones. The help would really be appreciated.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 12
I haven't heard the combo so others might better respond, but the WA2 is OTL which is better reserved for more demanding phones. I would suggest looking at the WA6, WA6 SE and WA22 if you plan to go balanced.

I should also add I had the Denon D2000 which didn't respond very much to amping after a point. I had a solid-state Meier Headfive and Singlepower PPX3 SLAM and couldn't differentiate the two completely different amps with the D2000.

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 12
No problem. IMO the WA22 seems like a lot of amp for the D5000, maybe you should consider a balanced D7000? And while you're at it you're going to need a good source to go with that beautiful amp, have you started looking for a DAC yet? 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 12
I haven't heard the combo so others might better respond, but the WA2 is OTL which is better reserved for more demanding phones. I would suggest looking at the WA6, WA6 SE and WA22 if you plan to go balanced.

I should also add I had the Denon D2000 which didn't respond very much to amping after a point. I had a solid-state Meier Headfive and Singlepower PPX3 SLAM and couldn't differentiate the two completely different amps with the D2000.

Having owned the WA2 and currently owning the WA22 (with a few low impedance dynamic headphones), I completely agree with this as well. :smile:

Aug 5, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 12
You're probably right but the reason why I would want the WA22 is because I know that I will eventually upgrade headphones and I'm sure it worth to get a really good amp now instead of having to upgrade my amp as well later on. As far as a DAC goes i've been looking at the Cambridge DACmagic because i can easily get it where I live and I don't want to spend a whole lot on the DAC.

Aug 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
You're probably right but the reason why I would want the WA22 is because I know that I will eventually upgrade headphones and I'm sure it worth to get a really good amp now instead of having to upgrade my amp as well later on. As far as a DAC goes i've been looking at the Cambridge DACmagic because i can easily get it where I live and I don't want to spend a whole lot on the DAC.

the dacmagic is supposed to be mediocre.

Aug 6, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 12
Oct 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 12
i recommend getting a digital link III as well, its what i use and i love it. the digital link iii is more musical while the dacmagic is more neutral and analytical sounding.

as for the amp, wa2, wa22, and the wa6se (which i own and use with the digital link iii), are all great amps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back