1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by wsh33, Aug 3, 2011.
  1. WSH33

Do you guys think that the WooAudio 2 would be a good amp for my Denon AH-D5000? This will be the first amp I buy and don't mind a lot of money to get the most out of my headphones. The help would really be appreciated.

2. Graphicism Contributor
    I haven't heard the combo so others might better respond, but the WA2 is OTL which is better reserved for more demanding phones. I would suggest looking at the WA6, WA6 SE and WA22 if you plan to go balanced.

I should also add I had the Denon D2000 which didn't respond very much to amping after a point. I had a solid-state Meier Headfive and Singlepower PPX3 SLAM and couldn't differentiate the two completely different amps with the D2000.

3. WSH33
    Thank you so much for the info! Really helped a lot. So far it seems that I lm gonna get the WA22.

4. Graphicism Contributor
    No problem. IMO the WA22 seems like a lot of amp for the D5000, maybe you should consider a balanced D7000? And while you're at it you're going to need a good source to go with that beautiful amp, have you started looking for a DAC yet? [​IMG]

5. MacedonianHero Contributor

Having owned the WA2 and currently owning the WA22 (with a few low impedance dynamic headphones), I completely agree with this as well. :smile:

6. WSH33
    You're probably right but the reason why I would want the WA22 is because I know that I will eventually upgrade headphones and I'm sure it worth to get a really good amp now instead of having to upgrade my amp as well later on. As far as a DAC goes i've been looking at the Cambridge DACmagic because i can easily get it where I live and I don't want to spend a whole lot on the DAC.

7. SkinnyPuppy

Quote:

the dacmagic is supposed to be mediocre.

8. MacedonianHero Contributor

For under $500, it is hard to beat IMO. :smile:

9. Graphicism Contributor
    Quote:

DLIII can be had for $500 used. Also the new Schiit Bitfrost is fully discrete, should be decent for $350.

10. SkinnyPuppy
  11. MacedonianHero Contributor
  12. Dubstep Girl
    i recommend getting a digital link III as well, its what i use and i love it. the digital link iii is more musical while the dacmagic is more neutral and analytical sounding.

as for the amp, wa2, wa22, and the wa6se (which i own and use with the digital link iii), are all great amps.