Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Mar 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,292 of 4,839
  Should insert all the way in....

Exposed terminals leave chances to get shock with high voltage (~200V).  No problem leave exposed terminals as long as contacts are made, wrt the tubes. 

So just as long as the pins are making well enough contact with the socket there is no other issues besides the chance of shock? Thank you.

Mar 25, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #1,294 of 4,839
  Oh, in the pix, the pins are being seen thru the glass bottom of tubes, the tubes are inserted all the way.  Look more carefully.   

Damn. I didn't notice that at all 
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #1,297 of 4,839
My Woo Audio WA6 Wood Edition! (I take no credit for the fabrication, my father did it).
I only take credit for the idea/color/installation/photos.
Added to the side panels are the transformer cover and tube base cover with aluminum bezels around the tube sockets…done!

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #1,302 of 4,839
Just dropped in some  6DE7 RCA USA NOS Black Plates and let them run for a couple of hours.  [Stock on my WA6 are Westinghouse.]  Wow, what a difference.. soundstage is back where it should be.. the entire presentation seems more relaxed.. but tighter with better PRaT and dynamics [if that make sense] and much more natural and musical flow/presentation.  The only downside is that the volume is up a couple of notches.  Really like what I'm hearing. Can't wait to hear what their like at the 50 and 100 hour marks and the Sophia to come in.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #1,303 of 4,839
  Just dropped in some  6DE7 RCA USA NOS Black Plates and let them run for a couple of hours.  [Stock on my WA6 are Westinghouse.]  Wow, what a difference.. soundstage is back where it should be.. the entire presentation seems more relaxed.. but tighter with better PRaT and dynamics [if that make sense] and much more natural and musical flow/presentation.  The only downside is that the volume is up a couple of notches.  Really like what I'm hearing. Can't wait to hear what their like at the 50 and 100 hour marks and the Sophia to come in.

Congratz on your tube. I'm not too fond of my current Westinghouse 6EW7 tubes. They actually sound a bit congested and lacks some detail. 

Still waiting for my 6SN7 and the adapters to arrive. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered them separately since I had to wait 2 weeks for my local distributor to restock the adapters. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,304 of 4,839
Thanks.. yes, wow, what a difference.  You nailed it with the Westinghouse. Huge change with the RCA. Happy4Now.

Quote:

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #1,305 of 4,839
  My Woo Audio WA6 Wood Edition! (I take no credit for the fabrication, my father did it).
I only take credit for the idea/color/installation/photos.
Added to the side panels are the transformer cover and tube base cover with aluminum bezels around the tube sockets…done!

Nice ! Did you run it for 4-5 hours continuously after the mod ? Do you find that it gets more hot than before as the wood may hinder heat dissipation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back