Why the Beats Hate?
Nov 8, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,366 of 2,037
Not unfair at all. When I spend a lot of money on a headphone I get upset. I never said Beats were a good value. I said there were actually people out there that like the way they sound.

I spend $1000+ on a headphone I get upset. $300 doesn't upset me.

You said comparatively to expensive headphones, the beats felt like a bargain. But if you spent $300 on "audiophile" headphones (or better yet, $150) rather than $1000+, I think the beats wouldn't feel as much as a bargain anymore

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #1,367 of 2,037
BEATS use OEM drivers, so ****, they don't innovate, unlike HD800 , audeze, sony they invested their R&D efforst on the sound hence the driver

I never thought about that and I think that is possible. Do you have a link or some evidence to that? I think beats using OEM drivers would pretty much end an argument easily

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #1,368 of 2,037
Not unfair at all. When I spend a lot of money on a headphone I get upset. I never said Beats were a good value. I said there were actually people out there that like the way they sound.

I spend $1000+ on a headphone I get upset. $300 doesn't upset me.

What sort of mad consumerist world do we live in when $300 doesn't matter. The products schiit but hey it only cost?300 bucks.This sort of money bought the best dynamic headphones the world less than a decade ago (all of which are still on sale at the same price(. We should be ashamed

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,369 of 2,037
beats costs 300 ... for 200 more you can get a brand new MDR-Z7m XBA-Z5, for 300 you canget the XBA-A3 or the sonys MDR-1A, if you add 300 more you can get some decent senns or nobles there are many alternatives, even sub 20 usd prices that sound better than beats

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #1,370 of 2,037
beats costs 300 ... for 200 more you can get a brand new MDR-Z7m XBA-Z5, for 300 you canget the XBA-A3 or the sonys MDR-1A, if you add 300 more you can get some decent senns or nobles there are many alternatives, even sub 20 usd prices that sound better than beats

I wouldn't call the z7 nor xba z5 good value headphones, if it takes extra money to beat beats, I don't think it is really worthy of bringing up for comparison.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #1,371 of 2,037

I wouldn't call the z7 nor xba z5 good value headphones, if it takes extra money to beat beats, I don't think it is really worthy of bringing up for comparison.

LOL, just because it takes more money they aren't valuanle, we are talking about sound...

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,372 of 2,037

They sound better in your opinion.

Sony and Sennheiser both went after the Beats market, Sony with the MDR-1A and Sennheiser with the Momentum. Both put their headphones on the same listening rack with Beats and both got crushed by Beats. In other words, after listening to the Momentum, the MDR-1A, and Beats on listening racks all over the world, more people bought Beats.

So back to the drawing board.

Sony and Sennheiser came out with other challengers. MDR-100aap, Momentum 2.0, Urbanite. I bought them all.

If you like classical, folk, and acoustic, you'll hate Beats. Better to get headphones with rolled off bass that boost treble and mids. It's a tuning preference.

If you like pop, dance, or anything with a prevalent bass, you'll like headphones that boost the bass a bit.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #1,374 of 2,037
LOL, just because it takes more money they aren't valuanle, we are talking about sound...

My first sentence was supposed to end with a period, not a comma. I was saying the headphones are not a good value regardless of which headphones they are being compared against. And if you want to say beats are bad, then you should be using similar or ideally lower priced headphones to prove it. Not that I disagree, but no beats user will be convinced their headphones aren't as good if you need $500 headphones to justify it

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #1,375 of 2,037
I can honestly say I have not heard a bad sounding Sony headphone. I think the company is incapable of making anything but quality products.

Ones I own/ have owned include

MDR EX90, PFR V1, MDR570, MH1C, MDR NC31, MDR10RC, SBH60

All have been great sounding and beautifully designed in there own way for me

If only Sony had the marketing Beats would never of have got of the ground. Sony have always had everything else.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #1,376 of 2,037
I can honestly say I have not heard a bad sounding Sony headphone. I think the company is incapable of making anything but quality products.

If only Sony had the marketing Beats would never of have got of the ground. Sony have always had everything else.

Would have to agree with you god-bluff but they lost their way some time ago regarding selling into the mass consumer market, they are now currently in my view catering to the upper tier but then again they always marketed itself as a premium brand. Confusing!!

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #1,377 of 2,037
  Would have to agree with you god-bluff but they lost their way some time ago regarding selling into the mass consumer market, they are now currently in my view catering to the upper tier but then again they always marketed itself as a premium brand. Confusing!!

I dont get all the confusion with Sony because they have already proven time and time again they can make some serious cans.

Ofc the r10,and Qualia, and SA500 etc etc, but they mdr f1 was one that doesn't get as much credit. That design was just beautiful. And the MA900 doesn't look as nice but has that 70mm driver. And ofc now the Z1R. Z7... too many mixed reviews.. and the xb500/700/1k wasn't too bad either :p

As many fun cans as they make, they balance it with hifi ones

Sony Never Fails :D

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #1,378 of 2,037

"If only Sony had the marketing"

You can say that again! If not for head-fi.org, I would never have heard of the Z7's and Sonys are my jam!

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #1,379 of 2,037
  BEATS use OEM drivers, so ****, they don't innovate, unlike HD800 , audeze, sony they invested their R&D efforst on the sound hence the driver

How do you know what Beats uses? There was a pathetic attempt by some idiot blogger to prove that they use cheap parts, but it turned out he had used a fake pair. 

Not that using OEM drivers is something necessarily bad. 

My first sentence was supposed to end with a period, not a comma. I was saying the headphones are not a good value regardless of which headphones they are being compared against. And if you want to say beats are bad, then you should be using similar or ideally lower priced headphones to prove it. Not that I disagree, but no beats user will be convinced their headphones aren't as good if you need $500 headphones to justify it

Why do you keep having strong opinions about something you have never tested? WHY, WHY, WHY? 

WHY don't you go to a store and TEST a pair of Studio 2? There are huge chances you'll be totally surprised! 

Besides, many of you who like to bash Beats, keep repeating a false price: 300 usd. No, that's NOT the real price you'll find in most stores, but the recommended price that you probably won't find in many places other than Apple stores. You can find them regularly at less than $200, often below 170 usd/eur (depending on where you live)

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #1,380 of 2,037
"If only Sony had the marketing"

You can say that again! If not for head-fi.org, I would never have heard of the Z7's and Sonys are my jam!

I will get s pair one day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back