Why the Beats Hate?
Nov 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #946 of 2,037
Maybe but they have a very long and distinguished pedigree in audio. They are also beautiful objects which sound good although not always as good as they look. That would be difficult. I only have the very humble Form2. A 35 year old which does actually sound as good as it looks which is to say pretty good. Don't feel a member of the HEARD when worn; pretty timeless in black not so much in yellow or orange

ps 99 quid is getting a bit closer their true worth with maybe £40 for each 'b' and 20 for the deisgn and engineering. They are not rubbish

Edited for cr*p spelling. Also to add I think Sony's pink ZX100 does look nicer than the above. I'm a bit of a fashionista myself

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #947 of 2,037
Was just being snarky!

TBH though, B&O has been dismissed for years in the States with that kind of logic by some 'Audio Snobs'. I'd buy a product of theirs in a New York minute if I felt the price/performance was there. That said, same applies to me for a Beats product -- even though their owned by Apple now (which Sucks!) :wink:

Edit: fwiw, my price point on Solo 2's is $99. They hit that this Black Friday and I'll pick up a pair...if for nothing else just to give to my son!

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #948 of 2,037
Time for a 'why the B&O hate?' thread anyone? :blush:

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #949 of 2,037

That's why I said UK & Europe. based on current Amazon prices only Spirit Pro is significantly more expensive but it has recently been cheaper ie around £140. The T51 is about 90p more. The HD25 Aluminium can be bought  cheaper elsewhere. Just some similarly priced alternatives for the none heard-followers/ fashion victims to consider.

Ahhh, now we're getting somewhere. Didn't realize I had to parse with that granularity; will have my barrister's bifocals and wig on hence forth!
wink.gif

Seriously though, my 'BTW' was just that...a sidenote. The bothersome thing to me is that anybody would not keep an open mind (like Tyll and other folks have) and instead dismiss something simply due to a preconception, bias, or worse yet a Head-Fi herd (not heard) mentality.

(sarcasm on)Watch out serious price/performance ahead! Get your Red Pink Hot (or is it Hot Pink) Beats Solo 2's!...£99.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK
basshead.gif

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beats-Dr-Dre-Solo2-Headphones/dp/B00KD805FY

btw...isn't B&O just Beats for rich people?(sarcasm off)

The COLOR... EYE CANCER
biggrin.gif
  Forgot the SOUND... EAR CANCER

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #955 of 2,037
Got to be AKG. He'll always be Austrian

Shame he'd make a great President

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #956 of 2,037
Well at least Beats Music shuts down at the end of month. Shame the headphone lives on :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #957 of 2,037
Well at least Beats Music shuts down at the end of month. Shame the headphone lives on :frowning2:

I think is not completely dead... in apple Music theres a station called Beats 1... gosh... fortunately i don't use any Apple music and just sue my FLAC diles

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #958 of 2,037
I don't know why Apple don't just rename the headphones / designer ear warmers as'Apple' with iconic fruit on the ear cups replacing the 'b'

Chances are they'd sell even more of the bloomin things and completely take over the mass market.

Hundredd of millions of customers awaiting and willing to 'upgrade' their (edit,, Head) phones at least once a year. Each successive model could be made bigger than the last.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #959 of 2,037
Also the price and hence profit could be at least doubled.

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #960 of 2,037
Also the price and hence profit could be at least doubled.

i always hoped apple to release lossless iToons downloads (yeah i said iToons in purpose) and i saw that never so i switched to prestoclassical and qobuz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back