Why the Beats Hate?
Jan 29, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #1,606 of 2,037
If I worked at Beats I would put a planar magnetic driver in the Studio 3.0 with an Apple W1 chip, and price it at $499 or less as a big screw you to all the audiophiles who thought Beats was overpriced.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #1,607 of 2,037
(disclaimer: satirical content ahead)

If I worked at Beats I would put a planar magnetic driver in the Studio 3.0 with an Apple W1 chip, and price it at $499 or less as a big screw you to all the audiophiles who thought Beats was overpriced.

Then beats would go bankrupt because it's impossible to fund Dr. Dre's massive drug consumption by selling objects actually worth their price.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #1,608 of 2,037
Jan 29, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #1,609 of 2,037
Check out Vie Shair (which I own 2) that fits the bill at less than $300.

And no, they didn't go bankrupt releasing a Planar + propriety Bluetooth DSP + app controlled + Made in Japan headphones.
Of course, it has it's positive and negative sides, especially the bass presentation (like rattling) and no build in microphone.  But like I've said, it could be done and done cheap. 

Honestly, Apple is about market dominance, and product monopoly.  Otherwise they would spend their billions on Hifiman, QDC, or maybe even sennheiser.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #1,610 of 2,037
Well, It was rumored Apple was in negotiations with Audeze, gave Audeze DAC chips, and even had Audeze headphones in their stores, but Audeze had a ton of defective stock and that shut things down.

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #1,611 of 2,037
  Check out Vie Shair (which I own 2) that fits the bill at less than $300.

And no, they didn't go bankrupt releasing a Planar + propriety Bluetooth DSP + app controlled + Made in Japan headphones.
Of course, it has it's positive and negative sides, especially the bass presentation (like rattling) and no build in microphone.  But like I've said, it could be done and done cheap. 

Honestly, Apple is about market dominance, and product monopoly.  Otherwise they would spend their billions on Hifiman, QDC, or maybe even sennheiser.

The vie shair looks like a portable akg k1000 lol. I DUNU how comfortable that plastic will be, but looks like it will have a good soundstage.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,613 of 2,037

"PAIN- FREE"

But they look so ugly it cause pains

I don't care about design, I could wear a jecklin float in public and it wouldn't bother me lol. All I care is that the headphone sound great, have a large soundstage, and be comfortable for hours on end. Don't like most top offerings of wireless headphones due to the v shaped sound signatures 

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,614 of 2,037
  I don't care about design, I could wear a jecklin float in public and it wouldn't bother me lol. All I care is that the headphone sound great, have a large soundstage, and be comfortable for hours on end. Don't like most top offerings of wireless headphones due to the v shaped sound signatures 

Depends on the area you live in I guess , because if you wear the Jecklin Float in the wrong place, you will probably get jumped lol

What do you wear in public now?

I can wear anything at home, but no way I am wearing any ugly cans out. Not in my city subways anyway.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1,615 of 2,037

Depends on the area you live in I guess , because if you wear the Jecklin Float in the wrong place, you will probably get jumped lol

What do you wear in public now?

I can wear anything at home, but no way I am wearing any ugly cans out. Not in my city subways anyway.

Jumped for what? Because they are jealous of my fashion? 
cool.gif

Most of the time, I use iems in public since headphones are a hassle to carry around for public usage, it could change once I find a decent wireless headphone. Sometimes I use my b&o h6 because they sound great for a closed back, I used to use my brainwavz hm5 before I got the b&o.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,616 of 2,037
Wow, AKG K1000, one of the ugliest headphone design in history.  And the even uglier truth, I wore my white Vie Shair in public twice then accidentally caught a glimpse of myself in a reflective windows and that was it.  Never the less, comfort is the strong point and the modular air frames is the #1 feature they try to push.  My other headphones the comes close to it's comfort is the Nighthawk (both feature wire on the top design).

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,617 of 2,037

Really nicely put particularly the F,ck you comment. Typical of a Beats lover I suppose.

However I have news for you. It is not necessary to be an 'audiophile' whatever one of those is in order to hate the Beats

Any well adjusted person of good taste has that right.

Matey, why don't you just go forth and start your appreciation club with a membership of one.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #1,618 of 2,037
  Wow, AKG K1000, one of the ugliest headphone design in history.  And the even uglier truth, I wore my white Vie Shair in public twice then accidentally caught a glimpse of myself in a reflective windows and that was it.  Never the less, comfort is the strong point and the modular air frames is the #1 feature they try to push.  My other headphones the comes close to it's comfort is the Nighthawk (both feature wire on the top design).

I think the k1000 is quite sexy lol. They both share an open frame design which is why I said the vie shair looks like a portable k1000. It looks like the plastic touches some parts of the ear which is why I am questioning the comfort

I am willing to have some trust in that headphone since it's by yamaha and not just some random startup, but still have to see many reviews to actually consider buying them

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #1,620 of 2,037
A cool look and nice 'tache from a more stylish age

Users who are viewing this thread

Back