Why the Beats Hate?
Jan 8, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,576 of 2,037
I believe 95% of Justine Beeber fans own Beats and the remaining 5% will own them when they get EDIT get out of nappies

A marriage made in heaven:dizzy_face:

Most beats owners are believed to be rap fans though I am rock n roll fan and only enjoy some rap/hip hop. So that could just be another stereo type.

My sony ps vita has 1204 songs and 3/4 of that is rock and metal while the other 1/4 is country and rap/hip hop 

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #1,577 of 2,037
Tech Radar review Solo3.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/beats-solo-3-wireless-review

'Clever new tech for iPhone users, but otherwise sub-par performance from these new Beats headphone'

I still cannot understand anyone with £250 in their pocket would choose something as laclustre as these.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #1,578 of 2,037
  Tech Radar review Solo3.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/beats-solo-3-wireless-review

'Clever new tech for iPhone users, but otherwise sub-par performance from these new Beats headphone'

I still cannot understand anyone with £250 in their pocket would choose something as laclustre as these.

I enjoyed the sound of beats over the heads compared to other brands in stores demos/try outs, though I prefer IEM's, and reviews vary some reviews say beats has improved quite a bit

I like that beats does not change their models as frequently as some do. I went through 3 sets of v-moda bass freqs in 4-5 years until they stopped making them. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #1,580 of 2,037
You know there's a problem when a review basically says you'll get better value if you just paid a little bit more for Bose.

Sorry what's your point? Are you saying the Bose QC35 Isn't a better value, higher quality. more highly regarded and wiser buy than the Beats?

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #1,581 of 2,037
Sorry what's your point? Are you saying the Bose QC35 Isn't a better value, higher quality. more highly regarded and wiser buy than the Beats?

The market decides that with sales though individual preference will vary.

I enjoy beats sound more than bose anyway and my urbeats have lasted as long as other brands I have had

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,582 of 2,037
Beats 3 gets 50 hours battery life off a single charge? That's very impressive!

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #1,583 of 2,037
A set of led battery powered Christmas lights I have have been on since Xmas eve. That's 600 hours on two AAA batteries. still going strong.

That's also 'very impressive'. However these are no so good to read by. Can't see a bl**dy thing. Likewise there's more to a headphone than battery life. However if it's primary importance to you then that's fine. Each to their own :yum:

My HD25s are limited to 100 hours or so which is the battery life of my Voyager amp.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #1,584 of 2,037
Ummm, ok. As far as wireless headphones go through that has to be at or near the top.

The link also said it had great iOS integration and it's also cheaper than the QC35, so I think Apple did good

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #1,585 of 2,037

Relevant portions hightlighted and underlined - that basically means paying a little bit more means it actually is a better value despite paying more, although that is also despite how Bose is basically not that good value apart from their ANC.
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
You know there's a problem when a review basically says you'll get better value if you just paid a little bit more for Bose.

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #1,586 of 2,037
A set of led battery powered Christmas lights I have have been on since Xmas eve. That's 600 hours on two AAA batteries. still going strong.

That's also 'very impressive'. However these are no so good to read by. Can't see a bl**dy thing. Likewise there's more to a headphone than battery life. However if it's primary importance to you then that's fine. Each to their own :yum:

My HD25s are limited to 100 hours or so which is the battery life of my Voyager amp.

Christmas lights put out less light and use less power than normal lighting.

If beats sound weakens due to longer battery life then it should be reduced otherwise it's a positive thing and something most people would like to have for their devices and headphones.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #1,587 of 2,037
  Relevant portions hightlighted and underlined - that basically means paying a little bit more means it actually is a better value despite paying more, although that is also despite how Bose is basically not that good value apart from their ANC.

It was an obviously biased review, and it's debatable that a QC 35 even sounds as good as the Solo 3-i haven't heard the Solo 3 but i've owned a QC 35 and it definitely didn't thrill me with its sound quality, in fact i'd rate the Solo 2 ahead of it.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,588 of 2,037

It was an obviously biased review, and it's debatable that a QC 35 even sounds as good as the Solo 3-i haven't heard the Solo 3 but i've owned a QC 35 and it definitely didn't thrill me with its sound quality, in fact i'd rate the Solo 2 ahead of it.

I still wouldn't buy either of them though. Even Sony's new ANC system is making waves right now as on par with Bose.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #1,589 of 2,037
They are the 2 most popular brands followed by jbl and sony

Sony makes some good headphones I enjoy their extra bass series sound but I like beats design (my urbeats are smaller and made of metal while sony xb50 are bigger and made of plastic) and appearance more

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #1,590 of 2,037

Solo3 is clearer than the QC35. QC35 might have a cleaner or rather more forward treble, but for mids and bass it's Solo3 all the way. Honestly the Solo3's Bluetooth sounds less compressed than the Momentum 2.0 Wireless even. If you want non-neutral quality wireless headphones then the Solo3 are a solid choice. I can't stress that enough -- the Solo3 is a good product and solid buy overall if perfect wireless and week+ long battery appeals to you.

I'm not gonna compare ANC to passive isolation, but the Solo3 do an admirable job passively blocking out ambient noise.

Better yet, I've never seen the QC35 on-sale from $349 while the Solo3 are regularly on-sale for $199-$249 where their value is not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back